亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Indian gov't declares floods in Kerala as calamity of severe nature

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-21 17:09:43|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      INDIA-TRIPURA-FLOOD OF KERALA-CONDOLENCE

      Students offer prayers for the Kerala flood victims at a school in Agartala, capital of the Northeastern state of Tripura, India, on Aug. 21, 2018. The Indian government has declared the devastating floods in southernmost state of Kerala as a calamity of severe nature, officials said Tuesday. (Xinhua/Stringer)

      NEW DELHI, Aug. 21 (Xinhua) -- The Indian government has declared the devastating floods in southernmost state of Kerala as a calamity of severe nature, officials said Tuesday.

      "Keeping in view intensity and magnitude of the floods in Kerala, the government has declared this a calamity of severe nature," Indian vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu said.

      "We appeal our members of parliament to contribute generously from their funds towards relief and rehabilitation."

      The Indian federal government in an affidavit to the high court in Kerala stated that it considers the devastating floods in Kerala as a calamity of severe nature.

      "In the affidavit it has been stated by the government that it is treating the flood situation in the state as a disaster of serious nature and has categorised the same as 'L3 Level of disaster' under the national disaster management guidelines," an official said.

      Experts said the declaration would enable the state to get greater monetary and other assistance from the federal government.

      Once a calamity is declared "severe", relief in repayment of loans or grant of fresh loans on concessional terms are also considered.

      Reports said relief materials, including provisions, water, medicines and fuel are arriving at the Kochi port from different parts of India.

      Local government officials said they were trying to restore mobile phone connectivity, electricity supply and tap water in the affected areas. The movement of traffic is also being restored.

      "Commercial flight operations started from the navy airstrip in Kochi and trains have started running between state capital Thiruvananthapuram and Ernakulam," an official said.

      So far the Indian government has announced an assistance of 85.9 million U.S. dollars for the battered state.

      Besides, help from other states and people is continuously pouring in.

      Reports said the death toll since the beginning of monsoons has risen close to 400 in the state.

      The Kerala government has pegged the losses to the state through damage to infrastructure and property at 2.87 billion U.S. dollars. However, the industry estimates the losses by way of loss of working days, cancellations and drop in economic activity to be close to 3.5 billion U.S. dollars.

      On Tuesday, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has offered to extended 100 million U.S. dollars of assistance to rebuild the flood-ravaged state.

      Kerala has 44 rivers flowing through it. Experts said floods in Kerala would not have been so severe if local authorities had gradually released water from at least 30 of its dams.

         1 2 3 Next  

      KEY WORDS: India
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001374074741
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 九龙县| 97人妻蜜臀中文字幕| 成人性生交大片免费看中文| 国产精品视频a| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清 | 又湿又紧又大又爽a视频国产| 成人亚洲av免费在线| 国产亚洲精品自在久久不卡| 亚洲区成人综合一区二区| 欧美 亚洲 另类 丝袜 自拍 动漫 久久er国产精品免费观看1 | 欧美激情国产一区在线不卡| 人妻精品久久中文字幕| 天堂视频一区二区免费在线观看| 黑人一区二区三区啪啪网站| 通辽市| 久草视频华人在线观看| 国产精品亚洲А∨天堂免下载 | 国产女人乱子对白av片| 日本一区二区三区专线| 人妻夜夜爽天天爽三区| 99久久99久久精品免观看| 久久中文字幕av第二页| 国产日韩午夜视频在线观看| 亚洲欧洲综合有码无码| 首页 图区 国产 亚洲 欧美| 日本手机在线视频| 精品国偷自产在线不卡短视频| 亚洲国产综合性亚洲综合性| 国产无遮挡裸露视频免费| 国产高跟丝袜在线诱惑| 惠州市| 中文字幕无码高清一区二区三区| 亚洲伊人久久精品影院| 国产专区国产av| 国产精品亚洲A∨天堂| 日韩狼人精品在线观看| 女优免费中文字幕在线| 久久久国产精品福利免费| 最新精品国偷自产在线| 国产无遮挡裸体免费视频| 三年片观看免费观看大全 |