亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Reforms vital to prevent relapse into political instability in Guinea-Bissau, says UN envoy

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-31 06:48:14|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- Highlighting the significance of the upcoming legislative elections in Guinea-Bissau, the top UN official in the country reiterated the importance of "far-reaching" reforms to prevent a relapse into political and institutional instability.

      Jose Viegas Filho, the special representative of the secretary-general for Guinea-Bissau and the head of the UN Integrated Peacebuilding Office in the country (UNIOGBIS), called for sustained international support for the West African nation.

      "I therefore urge all international partners to maintain and increase their political, technical and financial support to help national institutions during and beyond the legislative and presidential elections," said Filho, briefing the Security Council for the first time since he assumed office.

      Filho also informed the council of some difficulties in the preparations for the legislative elections scheduled for Nov. 18, including disagreements voiced by some political actors against the 30-day timeframe set by the government for voter registration, when the law stipulates a 90-day period for the process, and delays in arrival of biometric kits.

      On the other hand, the senior UN official also highlighted important developments, including the adoption of a new gender parity quota law on Aug. 2, which establishes a minimum of 36 percent representation for women in the lists of candidates for legislative and local government elections, as well as for appointments to key decision-making positions.

      Though the law will have to be reviewed by specialized committees of the national parliament, as well as formally promulgated by the president of Guinea-Bissau, it should enter into force before the legislative elections, according to UNIOGBIS.

      Furthermore, Filho said that he continues to support the "full implementation" of the 2016 Conakry agreement, which set out a framework for a peaceful resolution to the political crisis plaguing the country since its independence in 1974.

      Turning to the work of UNIOGBIS, Filho informed the Security Council of the mission's support to national authorities in the fight against drug trafficking and organized crime.

      Also at the briefing, Mauro Vieira, the permanent representative of Brazil to the UN and the chair of the Guinea-Bissau Configuration of the Peacebuilding Commission, spoke of his trip to the country in July, during which he met a wide range of interlocutors.

      "My mission confirmed that there has been tangible progress in the implementation of the Conakry agreement and in the process of return to normality of the political life as compared to same period last year," he said, adding "There is a renewed sense of optimism regarding the definitive solution to the protracted crisis and the upcoming elections are seen as a window of opportunity to this end."

      He also outlined recent developments, including the appointment of a consensual prime minister and the formation of an inclusive government as major achievements towards the implementation of the agreement.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521374319741
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲美腿丝袜福利一区| 国产精品无码DVD在线观看| 免费中文字幕无码视频| 成人av中文字幕在线| 欧美亚洲日韩国产人成在线播放| 阆中市| 精品亚洲欧美高清不卡高清| 午夜精品久久久久久久爽| 97色伦色在线综合视频| 一级毛片在线观看免费| 玛曲县| 草草影院国产| 五月综合婷婷开心综合婷婷| 波多野结衣久久高清免费| 日本经典中文字幕人妻| 自拍偷自拍亚洲精品播放| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 国产真人无遮挡免费视频| 色偷偷人人澡人人爽人人模| 久久精品国产屋| 亚洲一区二区三区在线| 97人妻蜜臀中文字幕| 新国产三级在线观看播放| 亚洲av永久精品一区二区三区| 美女精品黄色淫秽片网站| 麻豆久久久国内精品| 日本女优中文字幕在线一区| 麻豆国产传媒精品视频| h动漫尤物视频| 91精品啪在线观看国产色| 久久国产免费直播| 国产黄在线观看免费观看不卡| 精品国产迪丽热巴在线| 精品少妇大屁股白浆无码| 日韩中文字幕在线视频| 成人做爰高潮片免费视频| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 欧美精品AⅤ在线视频| 精品人妻系列无码天堂| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 一区二区三区自拍偷拍亚洲|