亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Joint drills strengthen Egypt-U.S. ties: U.S. commander

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-09-10 02:36:05|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      CAIRO, Sept. 9 (Xinhua) -- A visiting U.S. commander on Sunday highlighted joint military exercises between Egypt and the United States as a way to strengthen ties, according to a statement by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

      The remarks were made by U.S. Chief of the Central Command Joseph Votel, who had been on a visit for days to Egypt to observe the joint training exercises between U.S. forces and Egyptian armed forces under the umbrella of the Bright Star 2018 exercises at Mohamed Naguib military base.

      "Egypt is one of our most vital partners in the region," Votel said.

      The U.S. official had met with senior Egyptian leaders to explore ways to enhance the strategic security relations between Egypt and the United States, which he described as a historic partnership that plays a leading role in counter-terrorism and regional security.

      Around 800 U.S. military service members participated in the Bright Star exercises for the second consecutive year since the reactivation of the exercises, according to the embassy's statement.

      The drill this year focuses on regional security and cooperation to promote interoperability in irregular warfare scenarios.

      "The Bright Star 2018 exercises promote our vision of a more stable and prosperous region with increasingly effective governance, improved security, and trans-regional cooperation," the statement read.

      Scheduled to be held from Sept. 8 to 20, the military maneuvers involve land, naval and air forces from Egypt, the United States, Britain, France, Italy, Greece, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, in addition to 16 other countries as observers.

      The massive drills were launched in 1981 and held biennially until 2009, after which they were suspended owing to the ouster of former Egyptian Presidents Hosni Mubarak and Mohamed Morsi in 2011 and 2013 respectively, and the dissatisfaction of former U.S. President Barack Obama's administration with the Egyptian new leadership.

      The drills were resumed in 2017 after eight years of suspension, under the administration of Obama's successor Donald Trump who repeatedly exchanged remarks of praise and support with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi.

      The embassy said the United States remains committed to supporting the Egyptian government and people through diplomatic, economic, social and security cooperation.

      Egypt receives annually 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in military and economic aid from the United States since it signed the 1979 U.S.-sponsored peace treaty with Israel.

      Part of the aid, about 300 million dollars, was suspended last year by Washington over human rights concerns in Egypt, but 195 million dollars were released by the Trump administration in late July.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521374566951
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧洲美洲无码精品va| 亚洲av套图一区二区| 污污污国产免费网站| 人妻猛烈进入中文字幕| 国产亚洲欧洲AⅤ综合一区| 国产精品亚洲А∨怡红院| 国产精品亚洲专区在线播放| 国产午夜看片| 托克逊县| 国产成人免费一区二区三区| 已婚少妇美妙人妻系列| 欧美成人精品一区二区| 中文字幕亚洲第一页在线| 久久久免费精品人妻一区二区三区| 国产成人精品免费视频大全| 污视频免费观看网站| 伊人激情综合中文字幕| 一区二区三区日本大片| 亚洲国产视频精品一区二区| 亚洲欧洲无码精品ⅤA| 国产色婷婷亚洲99精品小说| 窝窝午夜理论片影院| 景东| 91精品国产91久久久久久青草| 《与上司出轨的人妻》电影| 亚洲精品一区二区在线播 | 麻豆密入视频在线观看| 国产精品麻豆A在线播放| 人人妻人人澡人人爽超污| 伊人色综合九久久天天蜜桃| 日本免费一区二区三区在线观看| 欧美日韩国产高清| 日韩AV片无码一区二区不卡电影 | 亚洲av一本二本三本| 成人免费无码精品国产电影| 自拍视频在线观看成人| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 奇米影视778成人四色狠狠| 精品久久久无码中字| 中文字幕无码人妻aaa片| 国产香蕉一区二区在线网站|