亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Nigeria says end in sight to devastating flood situation

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-09-27 01:39:30|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Olatunji Saliu

      ABUJA, Sept. 26 (Xinhua) -- The Nigerian government on Wednesday said there were prospects of an end to the devastating floods which recently ravaged parts of the West African country.

      Speaking to reporters after a weekly Federal Executive Council meeting in the capital Abuja, the minister of water resources, Suleiman Adamu, said indications had emerged that the worst period was over in the floods which affected at least 10 states across the country.

      According to Adamu, water has begun to go down from the Lagdo Dam in neighboring Cameroon since last Saturday, and this portends a strong indication that the flood water would begin to recede.

      He said the water level in Lokoja, one of the worst-hit cities by the flood, had dropped by six centimeters and is still going down.

      Lokoja, which is the capital of Kogi State in Nigeria's central region, has witnessed heavy floods caused by torrential rainfalls and surging waters from a tributary of River Niger, the principal river of West Africa.

      On September 8, the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency said the height of River Niger in Lokoja was at 10.1 meters and continued to rise on an hourly basis.

      In 2012, the water level rose to 9.74 meters during a similar flooding situation.

      Local authorities said the release of excess water from the Lagdo Dam on Sept. 15 had also contributed to the current flooding situation.

      "Hopefully, the worst is over; except if there is an unforeseen and unprecedented amount of rainfall, which is very unlikely but not also unlikely to happen. We don't hope it will," Adamu said.

      "We should be able to see most of the flood water receding from now," the minister added.

      Seven states including Kebbi, Niger, Kwara, Kogi, Anambra, Delta, and Bayelsa are on the floodplains of River Niger.

      The government had also put five more states, including Edo, Taraba, Benue, Adamawa, and Rivers states, on alert for heavy flooding.

      According to the latest data by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), about 441,251 people had been affected by flood in about 50 local government areas in Nigeria.

      In a situation report released on Monday, the national relief agency said a total of 108 people were killed by the flood and 192 others wounded.

      Sanni Datti, the spokesman for NEMA, confirmed to Xinhua that 122,653 hectares of agricultural land were damaged and 13,031 houses have been destroyed so far by the devastating flood.

      Kogi, with a total of 118,199 people affected by the flood, is the worst-hit by the disaster, the NEMA spokesman said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521374948651
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产呻吟久久久久久久92 | 国产午夜精品视频在线播放 | 免费无码又爽又刺激网站| 亚洲国产精品三级视频| 国产产无码乱码精品久久鸭| 午夜国产理论| 国产成人亚洲精品自产在线| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 青青青草国产熟女大香蕉| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 福泉市| 日本在线免费精品视频| 国产高清吃奶成免费视频网站| 亚洲av永久青草无码精品| 亚洲AV无码专区国产乱码DVD| …日韩人妻无码精品一专区| 日韩精品欧美高清区| 亚洲成av人片天堂网九九| 在线播放中文字幕一区二区三区| 久国产精品久久精品国产四虎| 中文字幕丝袜人妻av| 国产亚洲一区二区三区夜夜骚| 亚洲av套图一区二区| 在线观看免费人成视频国产| 乱人伦人妻中文字幕不卡| 高淳县| 国产高清在线精品一区在线| 国产精品自拍资源网在线观看 | 亚洲蜜桃av一区二区三区| 日韩av在线不卡观看| 成人午夜免费福利| 国产精品成人国产乱| AV浪潮AV蜜臀AV麻豆| 97香蕉碰碰人妻国产欧美| 欧洲精品久久久av无码电影| 国产一区二区三区导航| 亚洲国产欧美久久香综合| 一区二区三区四区亚洲天堂| 亚洲熟妇AV一区二区三区宅男| 国产呦精品一区二区三区网站| 国产精品免费视频不卡|