亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Turkey raises pressure on Saudi Arabia over missing journalist amid rocky ties

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-16 19:50:02|Editor: Lu Hui
      Video PlayerClose

      by Burak Akinci

      ANKARA, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- Turkey has considerably raised pressure on Saudi Arabia over the mysterious disappearance of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi on its soil, yet trying not to make it a full blown crisis with the Gulf kingdom amid already cold bilateral ties.

      The investigation over the case of Khashoggi, who has not been seen since entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, started on Monday with a search in the consulate premises.

      The relations between Ankara and Riyadh have worsened in recent years, thickening the fog surrounding the whereabouts of the missing Saudi journalist amid fears that he had been assassinated in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

      Turkish security officials believe the journalist, a critic of Saudi policies, was murdered by a team of Saudis who flew to Istanbul on Oct. 2, the day Khashoggi entered the consulate for paperwork related to his re-marriage.

      ERDOGAN CHALLENGES RIYADH

      Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has repeatedly challenged Saudi Arabia for an explanation about the journalist's disappearance.

      During a phone conversation on Sunday evening with Erdogan, Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud expressed appreciation for the establishment of a joint investigation team with Turkey, saying "no one will undermine the strength" of Saudi-Turkish relations.

      The Gulf kingdom has denied allegations of its involvement in Khashoggi's disappearance as "baseless," but failed to provide any meaningful evidence.

      "Rest assured, we will get at the bottom of this and all the details will be shared with the international community. Turkey can not remain silent if the evidence tells us that he has been killed there," a Turkish government source told Xinhua.

      "Everyone is watching our country in this incident and we are conducting a very thorough and comprehensive investigation with all concerned security parties," the source said on condition of anonymity.

      The shocking incident has sparked international outcry, including Washington, ally of both Turkey and Saudi Arabia, as the missing journalist was in exile in the United States.

      In a television interview during the weekend, U.S. President Donald Trump said his country would get to the bottom of what happened to Khashoggi, vowing "severe punishment" if he were found to have been killed.

      SAUDI ARABIA FIRES BACK

      The U.S. threats to impose sanctions infuriated Riyadh, which vowed on Sunday to "respond with greater action," as it plays "an influential and vital role in global economy."

      The seemingly cordial relations between Turkey and Saudi Arabia have become more complicated since the Arab Spring in 2011.

      Turkey has close ties with Iran, Saudi Arabia's arch rival in the Middle East, and Qatar, a Gulf nation boycotted by a Saudi-led Arab quartet over a bitter political dispute.

      In addition, Erdogan, a steadfast supporter of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, believes Saudi Arabia was a key player in the ouster of former Egyptian democratically elected President Mohammed Morsi back in 2013.

      However, economic considerations play an important role in the Turkish strongman's apparent reluctance to escalate tensions with Riyadh, as Saudi Arabia has become a major investor in Turkey and Saudis are among the top foreign buyers of Turkish real estate.

      FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS

      "This case looks like a very bad James Bond film. It has been conducted in a very amateurish way and Saudi Arabia also did very bad PR," Oytun Orhan, a researcher at the Ankara-based Center for Middle Eastern Strategic Studies, told Xinhua.

      Orhan believes Turkey is playing on the international sensitivity in order to build a concerted front against Saudi Arabia.

      If Khashoggi was confirmed dead, Turkey won't turn a blind eye to such a heinous crime on Turkish soil, but it will choose to act as part of a consortium of outraged nations, the Turkish expert explained.

      Serkan Demirtas, a political analyst and journalist, echoed Orhan's arguments about Turkey's approach to the mysterious missing-person case.

      "On the political side, Ankara seems to refrain from turning this incident into a long-term bilateral tension with Riyadh. It tries to arouse the international community for a more concerted action if Khashoggi was proven to be killed or forcefully apprehended," Demirtas told Xinhua.

      Turkey itself is not running out of options. Its next steps could be expelling the Saudi diplomatic mission, calling back the Turkish ambassador and even cutting diplomatic ties.

      "That would show to the rest of the world that Turkey is not a country where death squads can roam and kill dissidents," said Demirtas.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011102351375367561
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产韩国精品一区二区三区| 91久久精品亚洲一区二区三区| 丝袜熟女视频九色一区91| 成人国产在线播放自拍| 无码久久精品蜜桃| 国产乱对白刺激视频| 色综合久久久高清综合久久久| 在线视频不卡在线亚洲| 国产成人精品一区二免费网站| 亚洲AV无码乱码一区二区三区| 人妻中文无码久热丝袜| 国产亚洲综合另类色专区| 国产亚洲高清在线精品不卡 | 利辛县| 久久露脸国产精品WWW| 国产免费激情视频在线| 国产精品熟妇视频国产偷人| 国产精品av在线一区二区三区| 激情五月天俺也去综合网| 人妻无码视频一区二区三区| 99久久精品国产一区二区蜜芽| 天天摸天天做天天爽天天舒服| 国产免费一区二区三区视频在线| 日韩肥熟妇无码一区二区三区| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 亚洲精品成人网线在线播放va| 永胜县| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠97俺也去| 日韩av在线一卡二卡三卡| 99久久99视频只有精品| 日本高清日本在线免费| 国产美女精品AⅤ在线老女人| 黑森林福利视频导航| 91精品啪在线看国产网站| 亚洲熟女一区二区三区精品| 国产未成女年一区二区| 狼人av在线免费观看| 亚洲国产av玩弄放荡人妇系列| 办公室娇喘的短裙老师在线视频| 精品丝袜一区二区三区性色| 久久成人永久免费播放|