亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Uganda's mountainous eastern region grapples with deadly landslides

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-17 04:37:36|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      KAMPALA, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- Mountain Elgon, in eastern Uganda, has some of the best soils in Uganda, producing among others Arabica coffee, the country's flagship foreign exchange earner.

      The mountain ranges are lush green, feeding people downhill, even as far as the capital Kampala, over 250 km away.

      Behind the beautiful scenery and the fertile soils, the locals up the mountain ranges face the viciousness of the extinct volcanic mountain.

      On Oct. 11, landslides hit Bukalasi and Buwali sub counties in Bududa district, leaving dozens of people dead and several injured. A government report issued on Tuesday said the Oct. 11 disaster left 43 people dead and 21 injured. About 144 houses were washed away, 13 villages affected, 858 people displaced and 12,000 people affected.

      Preliminary government investigations show that the landslide triggered boulders into River Suume, which carried them down, killing people and destroying property.

      Musa Ecweru, minister of state for relief, disaster preparedness and refugees said in a statement on Tuesday that since May this year when the first rain season began, the Mountain Elgon region has experienced 67 landslides.

      The country's worst landslide happened in March 2010, still in Bududa district, leaving over 300 people dead.

      Musa Ecweru said that although the country has received several landslides, some even destroying villages, the number of deaths has gone down. He said in most of the cases there has been zero deaths though many houses, livestock and gardens were destroyed.

      Ecweru said this is due to coordination between government, the district disaster management teams and the locals.

      He said the Disaster Department has trained communities in each parish up the mountain on how to monitor early signals of landslides.

      "The community leaders use their smart phones and megaphones to alert one another and communicate with the Disaster Department," he said.

      The Oct. 11 disaster has caused a change of mind among the people at risk and the local politicians who have been previously opposed to the government's plan to relocate them.

      The country's Cabinet on Monday directed that the resettlement of persons at risk of landslides must begin immediately.

      According to a government statement issued on Tuesday, over 900 households (6,300 people) will be relocated to government land in Bulambuli district and each household will be supported to build a 2-bedroomed house.

      The statement said starting mid next year, the government will resettle 10,000 people who are at risk of landslides to safe locations.

      "All persons at risk will be resettled and the places they will have vacated will be planted with trees for environment protection and eco-tourism." the statement said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091375373511
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线一区二区三区视频观看| 啊v在线视频| 中文不卡视频| 97久久成人国产精品免费| 野花免费观看高清电视| 欧美日韩视频在线第一区二区三区| 永久免费精品精品永久-夜色| 国产精品香蕉视频在线| 2021亚洲色中文字幕| 久青青草视频手机在线免费观看| 久久亚洲精品成人AV无码网址 | 久久一级国产黄色精品| 常宁市| 日韩极品视频在线观看| 国产主播喷水| 欧美乱妇狂野欧美在线视频| 亚洲每天色在线观看视频| av在线 亚洲 天堂| 日韩av二区三区一区| 亚洲国产精品久久九色| 亚洲av无码专区在线亚| 青草免费在线观看| 视频二区国产精品职场同事| 中国精品久久久久国产| 沾益县| av网址不卡免费在线观看| 国产成人精品午夜福利在线观看| 久久99久久久无码国产精品色戒| 欧美人与z0zoxxxx视频| 91日本在线精品高清观看| 粉嫩高中生无码视频在线观看| 连续高潮喷水无码| 久久国产精品老女人| 亚洲aⅴ男人的天堂在线观看| 亚洲人妖女同在线播放| 亚洲成av人片无码不卡播放器| 欧美日韩一区二区成人午夜电影| 亚洲VR永久无码一区| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合专区| 无码无在线观看| 国内精品伊人久久久久av|