亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Saudi Arabia admits "grave mistake" over journalist's death

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-22 18:39:09|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 (Xinhua) -- Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir on Sunday called the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi a "huge and grave mistake," while insisting on the innocence of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

      The Saudi Public Prosecution announced on Friday the death of the Saudi journalist amid growing pressure from some western countries on the kingdom to explain the disappearance of the missing journalist following a visit to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 to complete paperwork for an upcoming marriage.

      KING'S CONDOLENCE

      Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed on Sunday called Saleh Khashoggi, Khashoggi's son, to extend their condolences to him and his family over the journalist's death.

      In an interview with Fox News, al-Jubeir called the killing of Khashoggi "a rogue operation," saying that "this was an operation where individuals ended up exceeding the authorities and responsibilities they had. They made the mistake when whey killed Jamal Khashoggi in the consulate and they tried to cover up for it."

      Khashoggi was a 59-year-old Washington Post's columnist who had been living in the United States since he fled the kingdom in Sept. 2017.

      Turkish authorities have conducted investigations ever since Khashoggi's disappearance, saying that the missing journalist hadn't left the Saudi consulate, and 15 Saudis who traveled to Istanbul were involved in his disappearance.

      In contrasting opinion to the Turkish side, Saudi officials insisted that Khashoggi had left the building. Saudi Arabia's crown prince welcomed Turkey to search the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, noting that "we have nothing to hide."

      A reversal came on Friday as the initial investigations by the Saudi Public Prosecution revealed that Khashoggi had a physical fight with those he met at the consulate, which led to his death in the compound, resulting in the arrest of 18 people.

      Shortly after the announcement of Khashoggi's murder, the Saudi king issued orders to dismiss the deputy head of the country's primary intelligence agency and an advisor at the Royal Court, and terminated the services of three senior intelligence officers.

      "NAKED TRUTH"

      The dramatic twists of the case have attracted widespread attention around the world, and instead of relieving the already existing pressure on the Saudi government from some western countries, the latest explanations over the death of the journalist have led to rising suspicions and criticism of the kingdom.

      "I think we really need to discontinue our arms sales to Saudi Arabia and have a long and serious discussion about whether or not they want to be an ally or they want to be an enemy," U.S. Republican senator Rand Paul said in an interview, adding that he did not believe Saudi Arabia's words.

      However, the tough stance by some U.S. senators may be at odds with the remarks from the White House. While promising to work with Congress on what the U.S. response should be, U.S. President Donald Trump indicated that he'd prefer not to hurt American companies and jobs by cutting billions of dollars in arms sales to the kingdom.

      Meanwhile, some close allies of the United States have taken actual steps to express their dissatisfaction with the kingdom.

      "There is an urgent need to further clarify what happened by the Saudi authorities. We are far from this having been cleared up and those responsible should be held to account," German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Sunday, adding that Germany will not sell arms to Saudi Arabia while the death of Khashoggi remains unclear.

      France and Britain also issued statements to condemn the killing of Khashoggi, asking for further clarification of exactly what happened.

      Playing an indispensable role in the progress of the case, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday that he would make statements about the murdered journalist during his party's group meeting at the parliament on Tuesday.

      "Why did 15 people come here and why were 18 people arrested? I'm going to tell you in a very different way on Tuesday. We're going to go into detail," Erdogan said, noting that Turkey will seek justice and reveal the "naked truth."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001375505321
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码精品国产午夜| 日本久久精品免费播放| 麻豆久久久国内精品| 日本在线一区二区三区观看| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 55夜色66夜色国产精品视频| 久久精品色妇熟女丰满| 中文字幕无线乱码亚洲观看| 放荡人妻一区二区三区| 欧美激情内射喷水高潮| 九九热精品视频在线| 窝窝午夜理论片影院| av免费网站在线免费观看| 99国产精品丝袜久久久久| 亚洲中文字幕久久无码精品| 九九成人免费视频| 在线一区二区三区人妻| 日本亚洲一级中文字幕| 中文字幕日韩国产精品| а√天堂中文官网在线8| yw193.can尤物国产在线网页 | 国产精成人品一区| 国产精品乱子伦一区二区三区| 男人免费激情视频在线| 无码啪啪熟妇人妻区| 丁香五月婷激情综合第九色| 精品一区二区在线欧美日韩| 宣威市| 国产一级淫片a免费播放口| 伊在人亞洲香蕉精品區| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放| 广南县| 成人国产精品免费网站 | 亚洲欧美日韩高清一区二区三区| avの在线观看不卡| 亚洲av日韩av天堂久久| 红河县| 亚洲av福利天堂在线观看| 欧美交换配乱吟粗大视频| 亚州一区二区三区四区| 日韩av一区二区毛片|