亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: Afghan parliamentary elections beset with deadly incidents, irregularities

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-23 16:24:30|Editor: mmm
      Video PlayerClose

      by Farid Behbud

      KABUL, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- At least 28 people have been reportedly killed and 83 others wounded following consecutive violent incidents during the long-delayed Afghan parliamentary elections held over the weekend.

      Balloting started on Saturday as the Afghan Independent Election Commission (IEC) initially planned to hold the polls in one day, but the IEC officials extended the voting to Sunday as scores of polling centers were not open or running on Saturday after long delays due to militants' attacks, irregularities, and a low attendance of election workers.

      Afghan Minister of Interior Affairs Wais Ahmad Barmak confirmed that 192 out of 1,800 attacks and explosions planned by Taliban militants occurred throughout the country, killing 28 people, including 11 security officials, and injuring 83 others, including 19 security personnel in the first day of the process.

      However, some unconfirmed sources said that 67 people were killed and 126 others wounded in election-related violence, blasts and clashes across the country.

      Media expert and analyst Mir Ahmad Shah blamed security sectors for their incompetency and being unprofessional in tightening security of the election under such sensitive conditions.

      "They had already received the information about what would happen during the process, in the wake of the Taliban threat to disturb the process," Shah, who spent more than 40 years as a media professional and is now working for the state-run Kabul Times daily, told Xinhua.

      Growing Taliban threats and technical problems, mostly from the election commission officials' failure to properly use the biometric verification machines contributed to the extension of the process to another day, observers said.

      The elections covered 32 out of the country's 34 provinces. Voting in Kandahar and Ghazni provinces has been postponed due to security reasons.

      Taliban militants had earlier threatened to sabotage the Afghan parliamentary elections and warned that their fighters have been instructed to create impediments to the process. But they promised to minimize civilian harms during the raids.

      Election-related violence killed up to 10 parliamentary hopefuls. In the latest incident carried out by the Taliban, a prominent candidate, Abdul Jabar Qahraman and three of his supporters were killed in southern Helmand province.

      The war in Afghanistan, Mir Ahmad Shah believed, was not only a domestic issue, but an intelligence war imposed on Afghanistan.

      "So, there was a need to take preventative measures to foil any enemy plots aiming at sabotaging the process, as security organs announced the deployment of more than 54,000 troops to ensure election security," he said.

      Ensuring transparency at the polls has also been a major task for the IEC and the Election Complaints Commission (ECC), the Afghan electoral watchdog, as the international community hoped that the Oct. 20 elections would be an improvement from the fraud-tainted 2014 presidential election.

      However, allegations of fraud and complaints over irregularities were reported and thousands of complaints were filed by voters and ECC members from the 4,576 polling centers across the country.

      More than 2,500 candidates are contesting for the 249-seat Wolesi Jirga or the lower house of parliament.

      Most of the candidates stood independently as the country does not have many regular and standard political parties.

      Nearly 9 million voters, out of 12 million eligible Afghans, were registered to take part in the process and elect their lawmakers for a five-year term.

      However, just over 4 million Afghans, with 33 percent of them being women, cast their ballots during the two-day elections due to Taliban intimidation and security threats, according to IEC officials.

      Preliminary results will be announced on Nov. 10 and the final results are expected to be released on Dec. 20, according to the IEC timetable.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001375525751
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看视频亚洲| 无码一区二区三区人| 精品乱码卡1卡2卡3免费开放| 国产精品无码av一区二区三区| 激情航班h版在线观看| 亚洲中文精品一区二区| 国产成人92精品午夜福利| 小sao货边洗澡边cao你| 国产精品天堂蜜av在线播放| 精品人妻少妇一区二区中文字幕| 久久熟女五十路| 日本理伦一区二区三区| 亚洲啊啊啊一区二区三区| 一区五码在线| 影音先锋每日av色资源站 | 不卡免费av在线高清| 水富县| 日韩精品一区二区三区毛片| 久久天天躁综合夜夜黑人鲁色| 久久久久免费精品国产| 亚洲免费日韩一区二区| 日韩熟女一区二区三区| 罗甸县| 亚洲国产欧美久久香综合| 麻豆亚州无矿码专区视频 | 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 国外啪啪呦女网站呦齿| 人妻系列无码专区2020| 在线人成视频播放午夜福利 | 挺进朋友人妻雪白的身体韩国电影| 久久亚洲中文字幕视频| 玉田县| 天天综合天天色| 99在线无码精品秘 人口| 国产精品久久久久孕妇| 国产色婷婷亚洲99精品小说 | 国产午夜av一区二区三区| 白白色发布永久免费观看视频| 精品国产91久久综合| 欧美日韩激情在线一区二区| 亚洲AV无码专区电影在线观看|