亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Trump says major federal investigation underway into suspicious packages

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-25 04:45:38|Editor: mmm
      Video PlayerClose
      U.S.-WASHINGTON D.C.-SUSPICIOUS PACKAGES-TRUMP?

      U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at an event on opioid abuse at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, on Oct. 24, 2018. Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to take a thorough investigation into a series of attempted mail attacks targeting former President Barack Obama, the Clintons, CNN and others. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      WASHINGTON, Oct. 24 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to take a thorough investigation into a series of attempted mail attacks targeting former President Barack Obama, the Clintons, CNN and others.

      Speaking at the White House, Trump said he was briefed by federal authorities on those suspicious package attacks and promised "the full weight of our government is being deployed" to investigate.

      "Acts and threats of political violence have no place in the United States of America." He said. "We're extremely angry, upset, unhappy about what we witnessed this morning and we will get to the bottom of it."

      The president did not mention any of the recipients of the packages by name in the remarks but called upon the nation to come together, saying "in these times, we have to unify."

      Trump made the comments at an event on opioid abuse.

      First Lady Melania Trump told the audience that she "strongly" condemns all who choose violence and those "cowardly attacks" cannot be tolerated.

      Police on Wednesday intercepted suspected explosive devices sent to several current and former U.S. political figures, as well as the CNN news channel.

      The U.S. Secret Service announced earlier in the day that it has intercepted two packages containing "potential explosive devices" addressed to Obama and Clinton respectively during routine mail screening procedures.

      The package intended for Obama was intercepted in Washington D.C. on Wednesday morning, and the one intended for Clinton was addressed to her in Westchester County, New York, on Tuesday, the Secret Service said in a statement.

      Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate in the 2016 election, was in Florida campaigning for Democrats on Tuesday night, but her husband was at home, reports said. She later said her family was fine.

      Officials said Obama was not at risk.

      "Both packages were intercepted prior to being delivered to their intended location," according to the Secret Service. "The protectees did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them."

      The packages were recovered after an explosive device was found earlier this week in a mailbox at the Bedford, state of New York, home of billionaire investor and major Democratic donor George Soros.

      Also on Wednesday morning, the New York Police Department responded to a suspicious device found in the Time Warner Center, where the CNN newsroom in New York is based. The building, which was evacuated, has been reopened and personnel is being allowed to come back.

      The package was reportedly addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan, who regularly appears as a television contributor.

      According to CNN, the device found in the Time Warner Center's mailroom is similar to the ones addressed to Obama, Clinton and Soros.

      It also reported that the initial examination of all of the devices shows them to be constructed similarly. At least one of the devices appeared to contain projectiles, including shards of glass. The devices are rudimentary but functional.

      During a press conference addressing the device mailed to CNN, Democrat Cuomo told reporters that a suspicious device had been sent to his Manhattan office. The New York City Police Department said later that it turned out that the "device" was a letter and USB flash drive.

      The San Diego Tribune newspaper reported Wednesday that its employees evacuated their building after five packages were found at the front entrance of the building, in which U.S. Senator Kamala Harris has an office.

      The communications director for Harris has said that the packages found outside the building in San Diego, state of California, were not addressed to the Democratic senator or her office.

      Police in Sunrise, the U.S. state of Florida, were investigating a suspicious package sent to the district office of Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Wednesday.

      The building that houses the office of Schultz, the Democratic National Committee chair from 2011 to 2016, was evacuated after the suspicious package was discovered in the mail, according to the Sunrise police.

      Reports say the package had been addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder but Schultz was listed on the return address.

      Democratic U.S. Representative Maxine Waters said in a statement on Wednesday that her office in Washington D.C. was "the target of a suspicious package that has been referred to the FBI."

         1 2 3 4 5 Next  

      KEY WORDS: mail attack
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001375560111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 夜恋全部国产精品视频| 国产精品视频不卡一区二区| 人妻人人澡人人添人人爽 | 国产亚洲欧美另类久久久| 亚洲大尺度视频在线看| 无码人妻中文中字幕一区二区 | 国产漂亮白嫩美女在线观看| 337p日本大胆欧美裸体艺术| 熟女系列丰满熟妇av| 亚洲AV毛片无码成人区httP | 国产不卡一区二区三区视频| 久久精品国产亚洲AV蜜臀色欲| 啊灬用力灬啊灬啊灬啊灬| 国产av一区网址大全| 国产精品欧美久久久久老妞| 息烽县| 中文人妻无码一区二区三区| 无套内谢极品少妇视频| 丰满人妻一区二区三区色| 精品国产福利一区二区三区| 神马不卡一区二区三级| 欧美片欧美日韩国产综合片| 婷婷五月综合缴情在线视频| 午夜影视啪啪免费体验区入口| 商丘市| 欧美丝袜激情办公室在线观看| 日韩美女一区二区三区视频| 国产激情久久久久影院老熟女免费| 精品日产一区2区三区| 无码日日模日日碰夜夜爽| 国产精品毛片99久久久久| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区中文| 色综合伊人天天综合网中文| 亚洲国产精品国自产拍av在线| av深夜福利在线| 男男高h喷水荡肉爽文| 国产精品98视频全部国产| 凤阳县| 日本丰满少妇高潮呻吟| 久久综合噜噜激激的五月天 |