亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      S. Korean lawyers visit Japanese steelmaker to demand forced wartime labor damages

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-12 22:07:05|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) -- Lawyers and supporters of four South Korean plaintiffs, who were awarded damages by the country's top court for forced wartime labor, were refused a meeting at a Japanese steelmaker in Tokyo on Monday

      The lawyers were intending to hold a meeting at Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. and hand over a document demanding compensation for the forced labor of the plaintiffs during Japan's 1910-1945 colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula.

      The move came following the top court in South Korea in a final ruling on Oct. 30 ordering the Japanese steelmaker to pay a total of 400 million won (350,000 U.S. dollars) to the four victims of forced labor during Japan's colonial rule.

      At the reception to the steelmaker, however, the lawyers' passage was blocked by a security guard who read out a message which stated that Nippon Steel believes the ruling by the top court in South Korea "goes against" the position of the Japanese government.

      The statement also said that the Japanese side believes the matter was previously settled under a bilateral accord between both countries inked in 1965.

      "We are disappointed that the company made the security guard, who was not even an employee, read out the statement and turned us away at the door," Im Jae Song, one of the lawyers, was quoted as saying.

      "Three of the four plaintiffs have already died. We will continue to call on the company to comply with the ruling as a company in a country ruled by law," Im added.

      The secretary general of a Japanese group, Naoyoshi Yamamoto, who is supporting the forced laborers in the lawsuit and was present with the South Korean lawyers on Monday, said that the lives of the plaintiffs had been destroyed by the forced labor and as such the Japanese company should admit the fact and apologize.

      "The plaintiffs' lives were destroyed by the forced labor. I want the company to face the fact and offer an apology," Yamamoto said.

      After Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. refused to hold a meeting with the lawyers, Kim Se Un, another of the lawyers, told reporters that proceeding will begin to seize the assets of the Japanese company's affiliates in South Korea as means to secure the compensation.

      After making another request for a meeting with Nippon Steel, the lawyers departed from the building and did not submit the document demanding compensation.

      The Japanese government, for its part, has told Nippon Steel not to comply with the South Korean top court's ruling.

      Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, Japan's top government spokesperson, told a press briefing on the matter Monday that he had no comment to make on the visit to Nippon Steel by the lawyers.

      He did say, however, that the Japanese government is insisting that the South Korean government take "appropriate measures immediately to correct a situation that amounts to a violation of international law created through the court ruling."

      Nippon Steel itself has not yet made it public what it intends to do regrading the case.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001376016971
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产午夜鲁丝无码拍拍| 天堂av在线一区二区| 亚洲视频高清| 91成人啪国产啪永久地址| 成人无码视频| 蜜桃在线播放免费一区二区三区 | 邓州市| 国产农村三片免费网站| 久久人人97超碰国产精品| 国产传媒剧情久久久av| 国产精品久久久久亚洲| 国产在线精品免费av| 国产成人一区二区三区影院免费| 中文在线天堂中文在线天堂| 自拍偷区亚洲网友综合图片| 久久亚洲国产欧洲精品一| 福利一区二区三区视频在线 | 一区二区三区偷拍系列| 在线免费观看黄色国产| 国产传媒剧情久久久av| 国产一级三级三级在线视| 久久精品无码一区二区APP| 亚洲精品中文有码字幕| 长海县| av天堂线上| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区综合部| 亚洲区一区二区三区视频| 木里| 欧美1区二区三区公司| 亚洲成A人片在线观看中文| 亚洲精品无码久久久久牙蜜区| 天堂在线观看av一区二区三区 | 曰本亚洲欧洲色a在线| 久久综合色一综合色88| 99热高清亚洲无码| 午夜麻豆影片在线观看| 91久久福利国产成人精品| 粉嫩一区二区三区精品视频| 激情文学人妻中文字幕| 亚洲av色香蕉一区二区三区蜜桃 | 在线观看二区三区午夜|