亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Trump defends use of tear gas against migrants at border as it draws criticism

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-27 06:40:34|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Nov. 26 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday defended the use of tear gas by border patrol on migrants near the southern border with Mexico as the action drew criticism.

      "They had to use because they were being rushed by some very tough people," Trump told reporters before leaving the White House for rallies in state of Mississippi.

      "Here's the bottom line. No one is coming into our country unless they come in legally," the president added.

      The comments came after U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials fired tear gas on hundreds of migrants who sought to enter the United States near border city San Diego on Sunday.

      U.S. border patrol said it used tear gas and pepper spray after several migrants struck agents with rocks. No injuries were reported.

      Video of the scene also showed a cloud of tear gas that sent people running, including families with children.

      The interaction led to U.S. officials shutting down the San Ysidro Port of Entry between San Diego and Tijuana, a border city on the Mexican side, for more than six hours and dozens of arrests.

      U.S. Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, a New York Democrat, tweeted on Monday that using tear gas on migrants at the border is "shameful and disgusting," adding that "seeking asylum is LEGAL."

      Kirsten Gillibrand, a Democratic senator, said the action is "horrendous" while slamming the administration's asylum policies as "diminishing America's promise and project weakness, not strength."

      Caravans of migrants, many of whom say they were fleeing from persecution, poverty and violence in Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador, were making their way through Central America towards the U.S. border for weeks. Many of them want to claim asylum.

      Several thousands of migrants, including women and children, are in Tijuana.

      Nearly 100 migrants were being deported after they tried to breach the U.S. border on Sunday, according to Mexican authorities.

      Mexican officials said the migrants had taken part in "violent" chaos, which started as a peaceful demonstration to appeal for the U.S. authorities to speed processing of asylum claims for Central American migrants in Tijuana.

      Trump on Monday urged Mexico to send those Central American migrants back to their home countries, as he renewed a threat to shut down the border and called for the funding of his long-promised border wall.

      Thousands of U.S. troops have been deployed along the country's southern border with Mexico to help strengthen border security while offering only engineering, logistic and medical support.

      However, Trump said last week that he has given the troops the "OK" to use lethal force against migrants "if they have to."

      The president issued a proclamation earlier this month, saying that only people who enter the country at official checkpoints can apply for asylum, but it was temporarily blocked by a federal judge.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001376332001
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品美女久久久久av爽| 亚洲狼人社区av在线观看| 中文字幕国内一区二区| 在线免费观看亚洲天堂av| 人妻一区二区三区免费看| 女同在线观看免费网站| 久久激情人妻中文字幕| 精品国偷自产在线不卡短视频| 无码一区二区三区久久精品| 国产精品久久久久久无毒不卡| 天堂三级成人久久av| 亚洲国产精彩在线视频| 欧美成人在线视频| 99热高清亚洲无码| 同江市| 亚洲无线码一区在线观看| 四虎国产永久在线观看| 国产亚洲精品第一综合| 在线不卡免费视频| 一本色道久久亚洲综合精品蜜桃| 日韩在线不卡一区在线观看| 常德市| 国产品精品久久久久中文| 亚洲av熟女天堂系列| 成人3d动漫一区二区三区| 亚洲综合久久久久久中文字幕| 亚洲AⅤ无码国产精品| 国产精品无码久久久久下载| 精品国产91久久综合| 一区二区三区日本大片| 国产成人亚洲精品77| 欧美大屁股xxxxhd黑色| 无码专区狠狠躁天天躁| 老色批国产在线观看精品| 国产亚洲欧洲综合5388| 2021久久精品国产99国产| 91手机在线观看精品视频| 视频在线观看一区二区三区| 桑日县| 91亚洲国产三上悠亚在线播放| 国产高潮自拍视频在线观看|