亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Okinawa eyes further moves to block plans to relocate U.S. base, referendum in focus amid impasse

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-28 23:47:10|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) -- Okinawa Governor Denny Tamaki on Wednesday failed to find consensus with the central government on its contentious plan to transfer a U.S. military base within Japan's southernmost prefecture, meaning Okinawa will now likely lodge a complaint with a committee within Japan's Internal Affairs Ministry ahead of prefecture-wide referendum on the issue.

      The central and local Okinawa governments have long been at odds over the planned relocation of the the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma from a crowded residential area of Ginowan to the less populated coastal district of Henoko in Nago, also in Okinawa.

      Tamaki said he told the prime minister in a meeting Wednesday that the people of Okinawa are resolutely opposed to the base's relocation within the prefecture, but Abe, for his part, maintained that the relocation of the base to Henoko remained the only solution under a bilateral pact made with the United States in 1996.

      Tamaki told a press briefing after the meeting at Abe's office in Tokyo that he had implored the central government to stop the construction work necessary for the base by "seriously taking into account the public opinion manifested in the result of the Okinawa gubernatorial election."

      Tamaki became Okinawa governor on Oct. 4 following the death of his predecessor Governor Takeshi Onaga who had been urging the central government to reduce Okinawa's disproportionate base-hosting burdens.

      Due to the impasse, Okinawa will now likely file a protest with the Central and Local Government Dispute Management Council under the auspices of Japan's Internal Affairs Ministry.

      The council is set up to adjudicate disputes between the central and local governments.

      Before the talks between Abe and Tamaki, Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Kazuhiro Sugita and Okinawa's Vice Governor Kiichiro Jahana held their fourth and final meeting on Wednesday, but they failed to find any consensus on the long-running issue and the impasse remains.

      Amid growing anti-U.S. sentiment on the tiny subtropical island and following Tamaki being elected as governor in September's gubernatorial election on a platform of opposing the base's relocation and lessening Okinawa's base-hosting burdens, Tamaki has been pushing to resolve the issue through dialogue with the central government.

      The central government, however, despite Tamaki's push for face-to-face talks, has forged ahead unilaterally with land reclamation work necessary to build the new base after the land ministry issued an injunction to suspend Okinawa revoking a permit for the landfill work.

      Tamaki had previously said that the central government's persistent push to continue with the landfill work is completely unacceptable and against the will of Okinawans who wish to see the base moved outside of Okinawa and Japan altogether.

      He said the central government's move "tramples on the will of voters shown in the Okinawa gubernatorial election" and is "totally unacceptable".

      Okinawa hosts the vast majority of Japan's U.S. bases, yet the island accounts for just a fraction of Japan's total land mass.

      Instances of violent crimes, including murder and rape by U.S. military-linked personnel along with a near constant string of U.S. military related accidents, particularly those involving aircraft, has led to rising anti-U.S. sentiment on the island .

      Calls are becoming more vociferous from Okinawans for its postwar occupation by U.S. forces to be completely ended, as, legally, Okinawa's control under the U.S. ended in 1972.

      Having already petitioned Washington over the matter, Okinawa Prefecture will hold a referendum on the relocation of the base within the prefecture on February 24.

      An ordinance was announced on Oct. 31 calling for a referendum on the controversial relocation plan by the central government, with the vote taking place within 6 months, or by the end of April.

      Due to there being no major events at the time, the highest voter turnout is expected to be in February, the prefectural government has said.

      The prefecture is trying to coordinate all municipalities in Okinawa to take part in the referendum and the majority of cities have confirmed they will field staff members.

      According to Tamaki, the referendum will be an extremely important chance for the people of Okinawa to make their voice truly heard in Japan and across the world.

      Tamaki said he hopes as many people as possible in Okinawa will take part in the referendum.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091376378971
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产丝袜精品丝袜一区二区| 国产精品污www一区二区三区| 99在线无码精品秘 入口九色| 日韩毛片久久91| 最新亚洲精品国偷自产在线| 亚洲国产成人精品福利在线观看 | 啪啪视频免费看一区二区| 国产精品乱子伦一区二区三区| 少妇肉欲系列1000篇| 日韩中文字幕精品免费一区| 亚洲Va中文字幕无码毛片下载 | 日韩丝袜欧美人妻制服| 精品视频一区二区三区在线播| 蜜桃av午夜福利一区二区三区| 久久国产亚洲中文字幕| 日本激情视频一区在线观看| 精品人妻一区二区蜜臀av | 热久久这里只有| 国产不卡一区二区三区视频| 免费一级A片在线观看不卡| 久久婷婷国产精品简爱av| 高密市| 亚洲国产综合专区在线电影| 久久久99无码一区| 特级做a爰片毛片免费69| 久久迷青品着产亚洲av网站| 亚洲AV无码乱码1区久久| 亚洲综合在线日韩av| 亚洲男人综合久久综合天堂| 日本一区二区三区资源视频| 久久一二三四区中文字幕| 亚洲熟少妇一区二区三区| 久久精品国产99久久久古代| 手机av男人天堂免费网址| 91精品国产免费久久久久久青草 | 国产精品女同久久久久久| 日韩高清在线中文字带字幕| 久久国产精品免费一区六九堂 | 国产高清黄色在线观看91| 免费国人成人自拍视频| 精品无码午夜福利理论片|