亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Pompeo blasts Congress initiatives for more punishments over Khashoggi's death

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-11-29 06:34:08|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo recently lashed out at the U.S. Congress over the bipartisan proposal to take more actions to punish Saudi Arabia over the death of a Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

      According to an article written by Pompeo and sent to the media by the State Department right before Pompeo's briefing to the Senate on Wednesday, the U.S. top diplomat said "the Trump administration's effort to rebuild the U.S.-Saudi Arabia partnership isn't popular in the salons of Washington, where politicians of both parties have long used the kingdom's human-rights record to call for the alliance's downgrading."

      The death of Khashoggi has "heightened the Capitol Hill caterwauling and media pile-on," he noted in an unusually surly tone. "Is it any coincidence that the people using the Khashoggi murder as a cudgel against President Trump's Saudi Arabia policy are the same people who supported Barack Obama's rapprochement with Iran?"

      Warning that "degrading U.S.-Saudi ties would be a grave mistake for the national security of the U.S. and its allies," Pompeo also said that "abandoning or downgrading the U.S.-Saudi alliance would also do nothing to push Riyadh in a better direction at home."

      U.S. media reported that the Senate was to vote later Wednesday on ending U.S. assistance for the Yemen conflict. Other lawmakers said they wanted to impose further sanctions against Saudi Arabia well beyond those that Washington has inflicted on 17 Saudis allegedly involved in the killing.

      Khashoggi has been missing since he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. The Saudi authorities said Khashoggi died in a "brawl" in its consulate.

      After releasing the results of its initial investigation, the Saudi Public Prosecution announced that 18 Saudis were arrested for their alleged connections with the killing.

      The U.S. Congress has urged a thorough investigation into the murder of Khashoggi, and threatened to take more actions against Saudi Arabia if those responsible were not held accountable. However, the Trump administration has been reluctant to further punish the Saudi government, citing alliance significance and Saudi Arabia's purchase of U.S. military equipment.

      The U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions on 17 individuals over their alleged roles in the killing of Khashoggi earlier this month, following U.S. State Department's decision in late October to revoke 21 Saudi suspects' visas.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091376381891
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品一区二区三区不卡| 性色av不卡一区二区三区| 日本中文字幕一区二区视频| 亚洲中文字幕五月五月婷| 亚洲人成网站色7799在线观看| 中文字幕一区二区在线网站| 粗大挺进尤物人妻一区二区| 99久久久无码国产精品动漫| 日本久久精品在线播放| 国产毛片av一区二区三区网站| 亚洲天堂av免费在线看| 高潮社区51视频在线观看| 日本女优在线观看一区二区三区 | av中文字幕少妇人妻| 99热这里只有精品2| 亚洲色欧美在线影院| 久久婷婷五月综合97色一本一本| 国产高清白浆| 女人被男人爽到呻吟的视频| 香蕉久久夜色精品国产| 久久不见久久见www日本| 色吊丝av中文字幕| 色妞www精品视频一级下载| AVtt手机版天堂网国产| 在线免费观看a视频| 久久亚洲av午夜福利精品一区| 樱花草免费观看| 亚洲精品美女久久777777| 国产一区二区精品尤物| 成全免费观看完整电视电影| 狠狠做五月深爱婷婷伊人| 美女张开腿让人桶| 人妻久久999精品1024| 久久男人资源站| 国产目拍亚洲精品区一区| 日本久久久精品国产一区 | 人人妻人人狠人人爽天天综合网| 2019国产在线| 亚洲高清精品50路| 且末县| 素人系列免费在线观看|