亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Philippine president likely to extend martial law in Mindanao island

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-03 16:33:09|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      MANILA, Dec. 3 (Xinhua) -- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte is likely to extend martial law in the entire Mindanao island in the southern Philippines, his chief legal counsel said on Monday.

      Philippine Chief Presidential Legal Counsel and Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said Duterte "may be persuaded to go on to approve the recommendation" of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to place Mindanao under martial rule until Dec. 31, 2019.

      In December last year, Duterte formally requested the Congress to extend the martial law in the entire Mindanao until Dec. 31, 2018 for the government to "quell completely" the threat of terrorism in the southern Philippine region.

      Panelo said Duterte will consider the safety of the people in Mindanao in deciding whether to extend martial law for another year.

      "If the threat remains and there is still an ongoing rebellion, then, constitutionally, the basis would be valid for the continuation of martial law," Panelo said in a news briefing at the presidential palace.

      On Monday, AFP Chief of Staff Carlito Galvez said the AFP is strongly recommending the extension of martial law "so that we can substantially make a significant dent on terrorists."

      "There is really a clamor for the extension considering the terrorists are still lurking in the area," Galvez told reporters, stressing the need "to constrict and limit the maneuver space of the terrorist to the maximum."

      "We have a very weak terrorism law so martial law is needed to completely defeat terrorism," Galvez added.

      Duterte declared on May 23, 2017 the whole Mindanao region under martial law after the ISIS-inspired Maute Group and Abu Sayyaf Group attacked Marawi City, sparking a bitter fighting that killed more than 1,200 people.

      The Philippine Congress approved in December 2017 the one-year extension of martial law, which would expire on Dec. 31, 2018.

      The Marawi conflict in May 2017 caused large numbers of people to flee, with at least 360,000 people displaced, their homes destroyed and no means of livelihood.

      As of October 2018, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the Philippines said over 73,000 people remain displaced, a majority coming from Marawi City's most affected areas.

      According to Philippine government projections, it will take three to five years to reconstruct this part of the city.

      The Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development estimates that over 230,000 people have so far returned to Marawi City in 72 villages that were partially damaged by the conflict.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001376480221
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品精品国产一区二区三区| 国产欧美亚洲精品第一页| 欧美gv在线| 婷婷四虎东京热无码群交双飞视频| 麻豆精品偷拍人妻在线网址| 亚洲中文色欧另类欧美| 国内自拍视频在线观看| 色就色中文字幕在线视频| 啊v在线视频| 国产精品午夜剧场免费观看| 色偷偷av亚洲男人的天堂| 丁香九月综合激情| 激情亚洲综合熟女婷婷| 国产日韩在线亚洲色视频| 国产精品美女久久久久浪潮AVⅤ | 国产码欧美日韩高清综合一区| 新绛县| 久久久久久AV无码成人| 男人的天堂av网站| 欧美日韩成人在线观看| 南华县| 亚洲欧美成人中文在线网站| 久久精品国产亚洲AV成人毛片| 国产普通话刺激视频在线播放| 超碰自拍成人在线观看| 婷婷激情六月| 国产精一区二区黑人巨大| 久久精品国产乱子伦| 大洼县| 精品久久久无码不卡| 精品国产亚洲午夜精品av| 狼人av在线免费观看| 都兰县| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天不卡| 九九热在线免费视频观看| 91青青草久久| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲av性色| 亚洲大尺度一区二区三区| а天堂8中文最新版在线官网| 久久久久无码精品国| 国产午夜精品福利久久|