亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Commemorative activities on World War II to be held in Toronto

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-09 02:09:31|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      TORONTO, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) -- In order to remember the history of World War II and maintain lasting peace in the world, a series of commemorative activities will be held in Great Toronto Area in Canada.

      On Sunday, the Chinese Canadian communities in Toronto will set up a Nanjing Massacre Victims Monument in Richmond Hill.

      The monument will be launched by the Confederation of Toronto Chinese Canadian Organizations and Chinese Freemasons of Canada (Toronto).

      Lin Xinyong, president of the Confederation of Toronto Chinese Canadian Organizations, told Xinhua that the Nanjing Massacre is an eternal pain in the heart of the Chinese.

      On Dec. 13, 1937, the Japanese army bombed Nanjing and went on a murderous rampage through the city, then China's capital, killing Chinese residents and disarmed soldiers in the following six weeks.

      "That is the tragedy of Chinese and is also the humiliation of human beings. The monument is meant to let more people to have a better understanding of the Japanese invaders' atrocities against humanity and cherish peace," Lin said.

      Also on Sunday, the Association for Learning and Preserving the History of the Second World War in Asia (ALPHA) and the Chinese Professionals Association of Canada (CPAC) will host ceremonies to show the 2007 docudrama of Iris Shun-Ru Chang, an American-born Chinese journalist and author who is best known for her 1997 account of the Nanking Massacre, The Rape of Nanking.

      ALPHA funded and produced the film, which is based on Chang's novel and survivor accounts.

      There is more work to do before Canadians better understand and remember Japanese atrocities in World War II in Asia, Lin added.

      Ontario lawmaker Raymond Cho said that atrocities of the Pacific War, including sexual enslavement of 200,000 women from Korea, China and other Asian countries, could happen to anyone.

      "It was a human tragedy that has been made many times in the history of mankind," said Cho, who will host a meeting at the Ontario parliament on Dec. 13.

      Lessons of the massacre, also called the Rape of Nanjing, are not taught in Ontario classrooms as often as those of the Holocaust, said former lawmaker of Ontario parliament Soo Wong, whose motion was passed unanimously in Ontario's legislature last year, recognizing Dec. 13 as Nanjing Massacre Commemorative Day in the Canadian province.

      On the first anniversary of passing of the motion, the Ontario provincial government will hold an event on Dec. 13.

      The effort to establish ALPHA's Asia-Pacific Peace Museum has been underway. The museum will be modified to tell the story of the Pacific War and serve as a research center.

      ALPHA chairperson Joseph Y.K. Wong said the group has raised 5.2 million Canadian dollars (about 3.9 million U.S. dollars) of the 9 million Canadian dollars needed.

      The efforts, which aim to get Dec. 13 recognized nationally in Canada, were set last week in the House of Commons of Canada. On Nov. 28, federal MP Jenny Kwan put forward a motion for unanimous consent, but one MP voted against it.

      Wong, who watched proceedings in the House of Commons, called the timing unfortunate and noted that her motion last year was passed unanimously after supporters worked for weeks to ensure there would not be opposition.

      "We have not done enough homework to let the motion pass the House," said Joseph Wong, adding that it might have to wait until after a federal election next year.

      MP Shaun Chen, a Liberal who co-hosted a Parliament Hill reception with Kwan and Green Party Leader Elizabeth May last week in support of recognizing Dec. 13, said that passing such a motion "starts with education."

      There is a lack of awareness, even among parliamentarians about World War II atrocities in Asia, he said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521376601101
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产午夜精品久久久久| a√无码在线观看| 搜索| 白朗县| 中文字幕人妻少妇第一页| 国产精品流白浆无遮挡| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲av性色| 99熟妇人妻精品一区五一看片| 亚洲精品黄网在线观看| 中文字幕无码不卡在线| 无码国产片观看| 三年片观看免费观看大全| 无码高清视频在线播放十区| 亚洲日本人妻中文字幕| 国产美女黄性色av网站| 久热精品免费在线视频| 亚洲中文无码AV在线| 国产欧美另类久久精品蜜芽| 国产喷白浆精品一区二区| 99久久久国产精品丝袜| 昭觉县| 国产偷闻隔壁人妻内裤av| 国产精品日本天堂| 日韩av无卡无码午夜观看| 久久精品亚洲成在人线av麻豆| 黄色一级片免费观看| 中日韩欧美成人免费播放| 91中文字幕一区在线| 精品少妇人妻成人一区二区| 国产无套视频在线观看香蕉 | 西吉县| 欧美在线成人免费国产| 国产精品亚洲二区在线看| semimi亚洲综合在线观看| 美乳丰满人妻无码视频| 午夜日韩视频在线观看| 国产人妖av一区二区在线观看 | 亚洲中文字幕精品一区二区| 精品福利一区| 高h全肉动漫在线观看| 国内真实露脸互换人妻|