亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Feature: Italy, France at loggerheads over celebrating Leonardo da Vinci anniversary

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-09 06:35:28|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Eric J. Lyman

      ROME, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) -- The 500th anniversary of the death of Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci is causing an unexpected turf war between the two countries the artist called home.

      Italy and France, the two neighbors in Europe have been known in recent years for clashing over policies on migration, populism, economics, and their roles in the European Union.

      French President Emmanuel Macron and Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini even traded barbs recently about what's going on in the other country.

      Now, the two countries are at odds over which of them should celebrate the anniversary of the death of da Vinci, the famed painter, sculptor, writer, inventor, scientist and mathematician.

      The polymath's full name, Leonardo da Vinci, is Italian for "Leonardo from Vinci", named after the town where he was born in 1452, just outside Florence in what is now Italy. He died 67 years later in Amboise, southwest of the French capital of Paris where he lived for three years.

      Eight of da Vinci's 15 known masterpieces are in Italy. But Louvre owns five of his paintings, more than any other museum. Among them is the "Gioconda" -- best known as the "Mona Lisa" -- the most famous of da Vinci's works.

      It is the Louvre that first planned to commemorate the 500th anniversary of da Vinci, who died in 1519. A year ago, the world's largest museum struck an agreement with the Italian government for several of da Vinci's works housed in Uffizi Galleries in Florence and elsewhere in the country to be loaned to it for a special exhibit to mark the quincentennial. The event is scheduled to open on Oct. 24, 2019.

      But the new Italian government, in power since June, wants to renege on that agreement.

      "The deal with the Louvre is unfair, unbelievable," said Lucia Borgonzoni, an under-secretary with Italy's Ministry of Culture. "I respect the autonomy of museums, but national interests cannot be put in second place. The French can't have everything. Why don't they loan us the 'Mona Lisa' instead?"

      The agreement was struck by Dario Franceschini, minister of culture from 2014 until earlier this year. In return, the Louvre promised to loan Italy several paintings by another Renaissance master, Raphael, in order to celebrate the 500th anniversary of his death, in 2020. But Borgonzoni scoffed at that idea: "Most of Raphael's paintings are already in Italy," she said.

      Borgonzoni said the ministry only became aware of the agreement between the two countries after it began organizing its own celebrations for the anniversary of da Vinci's death.

      Luca Martucci, a tourism industry consultant and commentator about the clash over da Vinci's works, agreed with Borgonzoni's views on the topic.

      "Look, Leonardo was Italian," Martucci told Xinhua. "Italy has to learn to market itself better. The anniversary of Leonardo's death could attract many tourists to Italy. I respect the French, but Italy cannot just hand that kind of an event away."

      Luca Desiata, an art curator and a former professor of art management at Rome's LUISS University, said the decision over whether or not museums should loan each other paintings should not be made based on politics but rather on what is best for the paintings themselves.

      "The fact is that these highly important, 500-year-old paintings should not be moved," Desiata said in an interview. "A museum can simply not run the risk that the works could be damaged during transport."

      Those in favor of the loans note that "Annunciation", one of the masterpieces in the Uffizi Museum painted by a young da Vinci and his teacher Andrea del Verrocchio, was loaned to the Tokyo National Museum in Japan in 2007.

      At that time, dozens of Italian art patrons chained themselves to the gates of the Uffizi in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent the transfer. The museum's director at the time spoke out against it. But in the end the loan was completed without incident.

      Eike Schmidt, current director of the Uffizi Galleries, said the museum is mulling the possibility of loaning the French museum several Leonardo drawings and perhaps some of his minor works, but was against loaning "Annunciation" or the two other major da Vinci works to the Louvre.

      Schmidt, a German national, told journalists last month that in 2017, when the three works were moved up one flight of stairs in the Uffizi, so many precautions were taken that it seemed like "an expedition up Mount Everest, or a trip to the moon." He said the paintings were "far too fragile" to be shipped to France.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521376602211
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 丰满人妻无套中出中文字幕| 中文字幕亚洲资源网久久 | 天天做天天爱天天爽综合区| 亚洲熟妇大图综合色区| 亚洲精品不卡午夜精品| chinese中国人妻video| 亚洲乱码中文字幕综合| 国产精品女主播在线观看| 国产福利一区二区三区视频在线看| 久久精品国产亚洲AV高清特级| 九九在线精品国产| 国产破外女出血视频| 澳门毛片精品一区二区三区| 谁有在线观看av中文| 国产精品流白浆无遮挡| 国产成人免费a在线视频| 国产做床爱无遮挡免费视频| 波多野结衣超清无码专区| 91精品国产自产91精品资源| 亚洲国产精品无码java| 中文亚洲爆乳av无码专区| 精品国产福利一区二区三区 | 精品国产亚洲av网站| 龙山县| 男女视频在线一区二区| 99在线无码精品秘 入口九色| 亚洲天堂日韩av在线| 国产aaaaa一级毛片| 日韩AV无码乱伦丝袜一区| 国产免费的视频一区二区| 思思热在线视频精品| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合一区二区| 亚洲大尺度在线| 少妇熟女淫荡丰满| 中文字幕熟女一区二区三区| 日韩人妻无码精品系列专区无遮| 日韩国产精品区一区二区| 国产精品福利久久香蕉中文| av一区二区三区免费不卡| 亚洲人成网站在线播放小说| 日韩极品视频在线观看免费 |