亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Feature: 1 meal per day for children, Yemenis expecting end of war

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-10 04:23:52|Editor: Li Xia
      Video PlayerClose
      YEMEN-SANAA-FOOD INSECURITY

      Yemeni people gather in front of a window of a charity center to receive food aid in Sanaa, Yemen, on Dec. 9, 2018. An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five may have died from extreme hunger between April 2015 and October 2018, according to the latest data released by Save the Children, an international organization for children's rights. (Xinhua/Mohammed Mohammed)

      by Mohamed al-Azaki

      SANAA, Dec. 9 (Xinhua) -- As a 55-year-old father who cannot secure next meal for his eight starving children, Ahmed al-Sharafi doesn't complain.

      "There is always a glimmer of hope," he told Xinhua.

      Unlike millions of starving Yemenis, al-Sharafi is lucky as a charity bakery is few meters away from his house in a popular quarter east of the capital Sanaa.

      "We were very comfortable before the war erupted ... but today I cannot afford a bottle of yogurt because it's too expensive," al-Sharafi said.

      Al-Sharafi receives 15 pieces of small-and-round bread each morning from the charity bakery to feed his hungry children. The allocated bread is not enough for one meal.

      Around 750 families in Noqum quarter receive a daily support of bread, according to those who fund the bakery.

      Asked if his family has lunch or dinner, al-Sharafi lowered his head.

      The civil war erupted between the internationally-recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi and armed Houthi rebels.

      The Houthis moved in thousands of fighters and stormed the capital Sanaa in September 2014, forcing Hadi and his government into exile.

      The U.S.-backed Saudi Arabia leading a military coalition from several Arab countries intervened in the Yemeni conflict in March 2015 to reinstate Hadi to power and roll back the rebels' gains who seized control over much of the country's north, including the capital Sanaa and Hodeidah port city.

      Nearly four years of devastating civil war have killed more than 10,000 people, mostly civilians, displaced 3 million others and the all-out blockade and cut of salaries pushed the whole country to the brink of famine, according to the UN aid agencies.

      An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five may have died from extreme hunger between April 2015 and October 2018, according to the latest data released by Save the Children, an international organization for children's rights.

      "For every child killed by bombs and bullets, dozens are starving to death and it's entirely preventable," Save the Children's country director in Yemen, Tamer Kirolos, said here in a press conference last month.

      "In the past few weeks, there have been hundreds of airstrikes in and around Hodeidah, endangering the lives of an estimated 150,000 children still trapped in the city," Kirolos said.

      Save the Children is calling for an immediate end to the fighting, Kirolos added.

      UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lowcock told the UN Security Council last month that "about 14 million Yemeni people, half of the country's population, are facing pre-famine conditions, meaning they are entirely reliant on external aid for survival."

      On Dec. 6, the Yemeni parties started peace talks sponsored by the United Nations in Sweden to end the war. Two previous peace efforts failed to result in any political compromise.

      The rival negotiators agreed on Saturday to exchange files of war prisoners as debates are underway over the re-opening of Sanaa airport and withdrawing of rival fighters from the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, according to statements from both the government and Houthi side.

      Al-Sharafi, the father and a resident of Sanaa, said he hopes the war to end very soon.

      "We want all negotiating parties in Sweden to reach a final and complete solution to end the war ... for the sake of all Yemeni people," he said.

         1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next  

      KEY WORDS: Yemen
      YOU MAY LIKE
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001376619861
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 天堂Av无码Av一区二区三区 | 宁城县| 欧美综合区| 无码国内精品久久人妻| 奶头和荫蒂添的好舒服囗交| 女人18毛片一级毛片在线| 欧美激情精品久久999| 久久视频在线视频精品| 亚洲欧洲日产国码二区在线| 欧美日韩人成视频在线播放| 亚洲性影院| 精品少妇一区一区三区| 亚洲午夜成人片| 亚洲国产中文字幕在线视频综合 | 国产亚洲精品性爱视频| 国产午夜福利小视频合集| 无码综合天天久久综合网色吧影院| 亚洲A∨日韩Av最新在线| 美女精品国产一区二区三区| 大香网伊人久久综合网2020| 亚洲国产精彩在线视频| 亚洲人av高清无码| 黑丝美女喷水在线观看| 成人免费在线网站亚洲| 爆乳午夜福利视频精品| 亚洲av日韩av综合aⅴxxx | 成年午夜精品久久精品| 久久久久久久久蜜桃| 国产一级做a爱视频在线| 亚洲av无码成人网站www| 亚洲色AV天天天天天天| 精品一区二区三区不卡少妇av| 亚洲av日韩av天堂久久| 激情亚洲的在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲精品乱码在线看| 亚洲国产精品一二三四五| 97人妻无码免费专区| 国产精品香蕉视频在线| 国产精品一区2区三区| 欧美精品一区二区精品久久| 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A|