亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Karadzic appeal case to be concluded by Q1 of 2019: UN tribunal chief

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-12 05:05:01|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Dec. 11 (Xinhua) -- The appeal case of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic at a UN tribunal will be concluded by the first quarter of 2019 after the proceedings were delayed by changes in the bench composition, said Judge Theodor Meron, president of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals, on Tuesday.

      The Karadzic appeal case had originally been projected to be closed by the end of 2018. The final judgment was delayed after several judges had to be removed from the Appeals Chamber benches for fears of bias, including Meron himself.

      In his last briefing to the UN Security Council as president of the residual mechanism, which deals with cases left over by the UN tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda, Meron regretted his removal, but said the case will be concluded by the first quarter of 2019.

      "I am pleased to inform this council that, notwithstanding the changes in the bench composition, it is expected that the appeal judgment in the Karadzic case will be delivered in the first quarter of 2019, just a short time later than previously projected," said Meron.

      "I regret that I am no longer in a position to see the Karadzic case to its conclusion, as had been my aim. Nonetheless, as set forth in my decision withdrawing from the bench in that case, while I would have continued to adjudicate with an impartial mind had I remained on the case, I considered it to be in the interests of justice that I withdraw in order not to allow the then-pending disqualification proceedings to impede the progress of the appeals in the case."

      Meron, who has held the position as president of the residual mechanism since March 2012, will step down on Jan. 18, 2019.

      Karadzic was sentenced to 40 years of imprisonment in March 2016 by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). His appeal is being handled by the residual mechanism after the ICTY closed its doors at the end of 2017.

      Meron said the appeal case of former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic will not be delayed despite the changes in the bench composition in that case as well. The judgment had been projected for completion by the end of 2020.

      Mladic was sentenced to life imprisonment by the ICTY in November 2017 for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091376669861
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久水蜜桃亚洲av无码精品麻豆 | av无码中出一区二区三区| 国产在线精品一区二区不卡麻豆| 熟女少妇高潮免费视频| 亚洲秘av一区二区三区| 音影先锋色天堂av电影妓女久久 | 99久久久国产精品无码免费| 亚洲国产剧情一区在线观看| 最新国产午夜福利| 国产+免费+无码| 亚洲熟妇真实自拍另类| 亚洲国产中文欧美在线人成大黄瓜| 亚洲熟妇少妇一区二区三区| 国产精品偷伦免费观看的| 国产V综合V亚洲欧美久久| 一区二区三区午夜视频在线观看| 欧美zozo另类人禽交| 开江县| 狠狠色狠狠色综合网老熟女 | 日本第一区二区三区视频| 陇西县| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠2021| 国产精品无码午夜免费影院| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠久久| 精品999无码在线观看| 亚洲av无码片在线播放| 91精品蜜臀国产综合久久| 国产色产综合色产在线视频| 久久道精品一区二区三区| 国产精品国产三级国产在线观| 日韩在线观看 一区二区 | 日本高清一二三不卡区| 精品一区二区三区a蜜桃| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区ba| 久久久久国产精品熟女影院| 久热视频这里只有精品6| 日韩美女av二区三区四区| 国产va免费精品高清在线观看| 日本 欧美 制服 中文 国产| 亚洲欧美国产高清va在线播放| 天天澡天天揉揉AV无码人妻斩 |