亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Okinawa governor fails to halt U.S. base transfer work

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-12-13 23:00:59|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Dec. 13 (Xinhua) -- Japan's Okinawa Governor Denny Tamaki's efforts on Thursday to persuade the central government to halt its landfill work in Okinawa for the relocation of a controversial U.S. base fell on deaf ears.

      Separate talks with Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga and Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya, just one day before the central government plans to fully start landfill work in Okinawa's coastal Henoko region, which will be the new site of the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, amounted to nothing, Tamaki told reporters after the meetings.

      After meeting with Suga, Tamaki told reporters he implored the central government to rethink its plans to relocate the base within Okinawa. Suga, however, maintained the central government's stance that it "recognizes the position of Okinawa, but will proceed with the work."

      Iwaya, for his part, maintained that the current location of the Futenma base (in Ginowan) meant that, as per a deal struck with the United States, the current relocation plan remained the "only solution."

      The Okinawa prefectural government's appeal for the suspension of work for the relocation of the controversial base was dismissed by a lower court with the ruling upheld by the Naha branch of the Fukuoka High Court on Dec. 5.

      Okinawa hosts the bulk of U.S. military facilities in Japan, yet the tiny sub-tropical island accounts for just a small fraction of Japan's total landmass.

      As well as shouldering the majority of U.S. bases and being victims of U.S. base-linked workers' criminal activities, which span rape and murder, to driving under the influence of alcohol, as well as a steady flow of accidents and mishaps involving U.S. military aircraft, the new location for the base has an extremely delicate ecosystem unique to Okinawa that the locals desperately want to protect.

      Tamaki was elected as governor in September's gubernatorial election on a platform of opposing the base's relocation and lessening Okinawa's base-hosting burdens and has since been pushing to resolve the issue through dialogue with the central government.

      The central government, however, despite Tamaki's push for face-to-face talks, has forged ahead unilaterally with land reclamation work necessary to build the new base after the land ministry issued an injunction to suspend Okinawa revoking a permit for the landfill work.

      Tamaki had previously said that the central government's persistent push to continue with the landfill work is completely unacceptable and against the will of Okinawans, who wish to see the base moved outside of Okinawa and Japan altogether.

      Tamaki told reporters Thursday that he conveyed to Suga that the central government maintaining such a forceful position on the issue would lead the Okinawan people to "voice their anger even stronger."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091376723041
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品九九视频| 中文字幕无码免费久久9| 久久综合色播五月男人的天堂| 国产一区二区三区不卡自拍| 欧美z0zo人禽交另类视频| 狠狠干狠狠爱| 一区二区三区午夜视频在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲第一页在线| 贡嘎县| 无夜精品久久久久久| 国产裸体美女视频全黄| 91无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃| 人妻巨大乳hd免费看| 亚洲综合综合在线| 亚洲一区二区三区三区观看| 亚洲AV手机专区久久精品| 九九热在线这里只有精品| 99精品偷自拍| 中文字幕乱码av在线| AV无码一区二区三区国产| 亚洲国产精品一二三四区| 国产日韩欧美黄色片免费观看| 人妻夜夜爽av性色大片| 会宁县| 久久久久久久尹人综合网亚洲 | 国产亚洲sss在线观看| 国产AV影片麻豆精品传媒| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码 | 欧美在线黄| 狠狠一本天堂亚洲综合十八禁| 音影先锋色天堂av电影妓女久久 | 国产女主播强伦视频网站| 99在线国产视频| 五月婷婷激情四射| 亚洲成a人片在线一区二区| 国产在线观看不卡网址| 偷拍网日本一区二区三区| 欧洲尺码日本尺码专线美国又| 高h全肉动漫在线观看| 欧美成人综合视频| 日本黄色一区二区三区视频 |