亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Trump prepares border visit as wall funding still hangs in air

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-08 04:05:12|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      File Photo: Boys play around, climbing the border division between Mexico and the U.S. in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico on Jan. 26, 2017. (Xinhua/AFP)

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- The White House said Monday that U.S. President Donald Trump plans to visit the U.S.-Mexico border on Thursday, as the partisan fight over his demand for funding a border wall has left the federal government partially shut down for more than two weeks.

      "President @realDonaldTrump will travel to the Southern border on Thursday to meet with those on the frontlines of the national security and humanitarian crisis. More details will be announced soon," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted Monday, without elaborating on specific arrangements for the presidential trip.

      Shortly after Sanders' tweet, Trump took to Twitter to announce his Tuesday primetime speech on border security. "I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern," he said.

      The trip will be the first time Trump leaves the capital since the partial government shutdown took effect on Dec. 22. Trump has demanded for 5.6 billion dollars in the 2019 budget for building a wall along the border with Mexico to keep out what he said are illegal migrants and drug traffickers.

      Congressional Democrats, while saying they are also committed to strengthening border security, view the wall as both immoral and ineffective. "A wall is an immorality, it's not who we are as a nation... We are not doing a wall," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday, when she assumed speakership.

      Trump said on Sunday that he expects "some serious talks" over the wall from Monday to Wednesday but continued to reject giving up his request for the funding. "There's not going to be any bend right here," he said.

      It seems that the only change he has made so far concerning the issue is the wording. He told reporters Sunday that he had asked his aides to switch to the term "steel barrier." "The Democrats don't like concrete, so we'll give them steel," he said.

      The president also suggested that he would declare a national emergency so as to use the money from the Department of Defense to build the wall, thus bypassing the Congress. Democrats said he might face legal challenges if doing so.

      In a tweet he sent on Monday, Trump partially cited Democratic Congressman Adam Smith as saying "Yes, there is a provision in law that says a president can declare an emergency. It's been done a number of times."

      The quote was from Smith's appearance on ABC News' "This Week" program, where the congressman also said Trump will have to point out where the emergency is, otherwise the move will be potentially illegal.

      "In this case, I think the president would be wide open to a court challenge saying, 'Where is the emergency?' You have to establish that in order to do this," Smith said. "But beyond that, this would be a terrible use of Department of Defense dollars."

      KEY WORDS: U.S.-Mexico border
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001377269431
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线免费不卡av网站一区| 国产va免费精品观看| 日本三级精品| 午夜国产成人自拍视频| 超薄丝袜足j好爽在线| av黄片免费在线观看| 精品国产亚洲一品二品| mm在线精品视频| 777午夜精品免费观看| 欧美人与动欧交视频| 水蜜桃一二二视频在线观看免费| 体育| 亚洲va欧美va人人爽夜夜嗨| 国产亚洲成av片在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| www.日本一区| 免费人成视频网站在线| 国产精品流白浆在线观看| 一本一本久久久久a久久综合激情| 国产99视频精品免费视频7| 孟连| 国产成人cao在线| www.亚洲高清三级片| 日韩熟女精品一区二区三区| 日本在线观看视频一区二区三区| 国产在线不卡AV观看| 无码精品一区二区三区免费视频| 久热99热这里只有精品| av永远在线免费观看| 中文字幕精品亚洲二区| 久久综合精品国产一区| 影音先锋女人AA鲁色资源| 五月婷婷久久中文字幕| 日本在线免费精品视频| 美女无遮挡免费视频网站| 小12箩利洗澡无码视频网站| 99综合精品久久| 日韩少妇人妻一区二区| 日本少妇自慰免费完整版| 色综合色国产热无码一| 永久免费毛片在线播放|