亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Ford to collaborate with VW in making pickups, vans, electric vehicles

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-16 03:00:21|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      DETROIT, the United States, Jan. 15 (Xinhua) -- U.S. auto maker Ford Motor Co. and its German counterpart, Volkswagen AG (VW), announced Tuesday they will join forces to build pickup trucks, vans and develop electric vehicles. The first batch of deliveries are expected in 2022.

      The collaboration came as a decline in Ford's market share in Europe forced the company to cut thousands of jobs on the continent, amid VW's resolve to further tap into the North American market. The alliance is also an effort to salvage a downward sliding and rapidly transitioning auto industry as a whole.

      "The companies estimate the commercial van and pickup cooperation will yield improved annual pre-tax operating results, starting in 2023," read a joint press release issued by the companies as they made the announcement via a conference call during the ongoing North America International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, the U.S. state of Michigan.

      According to the plan, Ford will make medium-sized pickup trucks for both companies while charting out development and production of larger vans for the European market. VW, for its part, will design and manufacture a new city van model.

      The collaboration doesn't involve either side taking each other's shares, the press release said.

      "Over time, this alliance will help both companies create value and meet the needs of our customers and society," Ford CEO Hackett said.

      "It will not only drive significant efficiencies and help both companies improve their fitness, but also gives us the opportunity to collaborate on shaping the next era of mobility," he added.

      "Volkswagen and Ford will harness our collective resources, innovation capabilities and complementary market positions," VW Chief Executive Officer Herbert Diess said.

      "At the same time, the alliance will be a cornerstone for our drive to improve competitiveness," he added.

      The auto manufacturers also signed a memorandum of understanding eyeing cooperation on driverless cars as well as electric vehicles. "Both companies also said they were open to considering additional vehicle programs in the future," the press release said.

      No specifics concerning those aspects are available yet, as the pair only declared that works related to the details will continue in the coming months.

      At a roundtable on the sidelines of NAIAS on Monday, Diess said "there's still a lot of hype" with respect to autonomous cars. "A lot of money flowing in, but I think it's still a long way to go until we really get the first paybacks."

      "There's one alternative, which could be joining forces with Ford. It's not yet decided. But it's still a long way to go, many millions to be poured in and probably some setbacks to expect," Diess said of a potential teaming up with Ford in the self-driving technology.

      Ford said last week that it is carrying out "comprehensive transformation strategy" in Europe, which includes thousands of job cuts, closure of plants, as well as suspension of sales of low-profit models. The company said the strategy aims to "strengthen its brand and create a sustainably profitable business in Europe."

      Ford didn't disclose the exact number of its European employees that will be laid off. "I'm not going to get into specific numbers today," Steve Armstrong, the company's vice president and president for Europe, Middle East and Africa, told reporters last Thursday, adding that it is a country-neutral "European-wide review."

      Armstrong, noting the company currently hires over 50,000 workers in Europe, said the European job cuts will be "a significant number of positions," and that Ford is also seeking joint ventures in Russia.

      "We have had periods of profitability (in Europe) but not on the level it should be," he said.

      These are no good times for VW either, particularly in North America, which remains a relatively niche market for the German giant.

      While endeavoring to expand its business in the United States, VW is facing potential tariffs from the U.S. government of 25 percent on cars and car parts imported to the country, a major source of tension between Washington and Brussels.

      U.S. President Donald Trump invited German auto executives, including Diess, to the White House for talks in December, but a statement released by the White House after the meeting didn't say whether the president raised the tariff issue during the discussion.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521377465111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 阿坝县| 永久免费看啪啪的网站中国| 女人的天堂av在线播放| 成在线人视频免费视频| 久久久久夜色精品国产明星| 国产亚洲婷婷香蕉久久精品| 欧美日韩国产一区二区三区不卡| 国产精品久久久亚洲第一牛牛| 久久99精品久久久久久国产人妖| 国产精选一区二区三区| 岛国熟女一区二区三区| 久久免费视亚洲无码视频| а的天堂网最新版在线| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮视频| 在线天堂最新版资源| 国产精品三级一区二区按摩| 国产中文字幕精品视频| 国产激情一区二区三区成人免费| 人妻中文字幕不卡精品| 全南县| 在线视频一区二区观看| 尤物蜜芽福利国产污在线观看| 国外啪啪呦女网站呦齿| 丰满人妻熟妇乱又伦精品软件| 国产精品久久久久9999| 国产又爽又大又黄a片| 九月色婷婷免费| 乌拉特前旗| 欧美国产日本精品一区二区三区 | 国产一区二区三区成视频| 中文字幕亚洲乱亚洲乱妇| av网站入口在线免费观看| 亚洲欧美日韩精品高清| 欧美肥婆性猛交xxxx| 年轻漂亮的人妻被公侵犯bd免费版 | 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠久久无码区| 国产成人精品视频不卡| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| 亚洲嫩模尤物大尺度高清人体| 理塘县| 亚洲AV永久无码精品导航|