亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Death toll rises to 58 as hope fades for hundreds missing in Brazil dam collapse

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-28 17:13:45|Editor: Xiang Bo
      Video PlayerClose

      BRAZIL-BRUMADINHO-DAM-COLLAPSE?

      Photo taken on Jan. 27, 2019 shows a destroyed house at the area affected by the collapse of a tailings dam, near the town of Brumadinho, the state of Minas Gerias, Brazil. The death toll from Brazil's collapsed tailings dam climbed to 58, with 305 people still missing in southeast Brazil's Minas Gerais state, said local authorities. (Xinhua/Li Ming)

      RIO DE JANEIRO, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) -- Hundreds of people are still missing due to a collapsed mining dam on Friday. 58 people have been killed so far, and the death toll may keep climbing.

      Of the 58 victims, 19 have been identified. The missing 305 people include residents of the destroyed area and workers from Brazilian mining company Vale, according to the state fire department.

      The chances of finding more survivors of Friday's tailings dam disaster "are really slim," said Eduardo Angelo, chief of the fire department, on Sunday.

      During a meeting with residents of the nearby community of Corrego do Feijao, which was flooded by the toxic sludge, Angelo said time was running out.

      "There is the possibility of finding people alive, yes. However, what has been written about these kinds of events shows that after 48 hours of efforts, the chances of finding survivors are really slim," said Angelo.

      However, "we are working with the possibility of finding people alive," he added.

      The Brazilian government has promised a full investigation into the matter. President Jair Bolsonaro and Minas Gerais state Governor Romeu Zema flew over the affected region earlier in the day, and promised manpower to aid the rescue and resources to help the region recover.

      Search and rescue work started early Sunday morning but was suspended and thousands of residents were ordered to move to safe places after an alarm was activated, as there was a risk that another dam of the Corrego do Feijao mine complex, this time a water dam, could rupture as well.

      Rescue efforts resumed at 3:00 p.m. (1700 GMT) after the dam was drained, and evacuation was called off after the dam was no longer at risk of bursting.

      Rescue workers are facing certain logistical challenges in reaching survivors, Angelo said. "We aren't able to reach them, because as we advance through the mud, we find bodies. Each body we find, we do the work and return. Yesterday we located a bus, but as we were getting to it, we found a body, and then another, and another. Today we will reach the bus. We have to excavate it," Angelo said.

      Also on Sunday, Brazilian judicial officials in southeast Minas Gerais state froze another 5 billion reals (1.325 billion U.S. dollars) in bank accounts belonging to mining giant Vale in the wake of Friday's tailings dam collapse.

      It was the third time officials have put a freeze on Vale accounts since Friday, bringing the total of frozen assets to 11 billion reals (2.915 billion dollars).

      Freezing the assets aims to guarantee that funds are available to pay for reparations to the victims, most of them mine workers.

      According to prosecutors, in addition to material damage, the disaster has caused "evident and notable moral, psychological, emotional, communal, health and cultural damage."

      It is the second time in just over three years that a tailings dam at a Vale-owned mining operation in Brazil has collapsed, flooding communities and fields with toxic waste.

      In November 2015, a tailings dam collapsed at a mine in Mariana, also in Minas Gerais, killing 19 people and causing what was considered Brazil's worst environmental disaster. Vale was a co-owner of the mine.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001377816071
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久热香蕉精品视频在线播放| 成人污视频| 精品久久亚洲一级α| 无码人妻AⅤ一区 二区 三区| 国产成人av在线影院无毒| 蜜桃av夺取一区二区三区| 少妇精品亚洲一区二区三区| 一区二区三区国产偷拍| 欧美日韩国产在线成人网| 亚洲每天色在线观看视频| 欧美亚洲国产丝袜在线| 国产精品麻豆成人av| 五月天婷婷一区二区三区久久| 亚洲视频在线观看二区三区| 亚欧视频无码在线观看| 钟山县| 亚洲一区亚洲二区亚洲三区 | 无码专区视频中文字幕| 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷午夜色| 夜色资源站www国产在线观看| 无码人妻一区二区三区四区av| 人妻夜夜爽天天爽三区| 亚洲日本va中文字幕婷婷| 69堂在线无码视频2020| 亚洲精品美女久久久久网站| 阿勒泰市| 精品久久久中文字幕二区| 男女好痛好深好爽视频一区| 中国老太老肥熟女视频| 中文字幕亚洲综合久久菠萝蜜| 91精品国产免费久久久久久青草| 91亚洲精品福利在线播放| 久久精品国产亚洲AV香蕉吃奶| 久天啪天天久久99久孕妇| 欧洲精品无码一区二区三区在线播放| 重口调教一区二区视频| 又大又长粗又爽又黄少妇毛片| 欧美精品在线观看视频| 日韩精品无码一本二本三本色| 欧洲美熟女乱又伦av| 久久精品久久精品亚洲国产av|