亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN humanitarian chief calls for urgent access to grain storage site in Yemen

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-08 01:03:22|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lowcock on Thursday asked the Houthi rebels in Yemen to grant urgent access to a major food storage site.

      "I am deeply concerned that the United Nations has been unable to access the Red Sea Mills in Hodeidah since September 2018," said Lowcock in a statement. "Access to the mills grows ever more urgent as time passes and the risk of spoilage to the remaining grain increases."

      Enough grain to feed 3.7 million people for a month has sat unused and possibly spoiling in silos at the mills for more than four months, while nearly 10 million people across the country remain just a step away from famine, noted Lowcock, who is also the world body's emergency relief coordinator.

      "No one gains anything from this. But millions of starving people suffer."

      To date, Houthi forces have declined to authorize the United Nations to cross front lines into government-controlled areas to access the mills, citing security concerns, said Lowcock. "Discussions continue with all parties, and I appreciate the genuine efforts that have been made on all sides to find a solution. But it remains elusive."

      He asked all parties, in particular, the Houthis, to finalize an agreement and facilitate access to the mills "in the coming days."

      Last month, two silos were hit by mortar shells landing in the compound of the mills. The resultant fire destroyed some of the grain -- probably enough to feed hundreds of thousands of people for a month, he noted.

      The United Nations and its humanitarian partners are scaling up to reach 12 million people with emergency food assistance, which is a 50 percent increase over 2018 targets. In December, the World Food Programme reached more than 10 million people, a record achievement, said Lowcock.

      "We can save huge numbers of people, most of them in areas controlled by Ansar Allah (Houthi rebels). But we need more help to do that from the authorities who control these areas."

      An almost four-year-old war between Houthi rebels and forces loyal to the government of Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi has brought the country to the brink of famine.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091378053971
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产短视频精品区第一页| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区天堂网 | 中文字幕偷拍亚洲九色| 久艹视频免费看| 国产免费人成视频在线观看播放| 国产高清视频在线播放www色| 区一区一日本高清视频在线观看| 精品人妻蜜臀一区二区三区| 久久国产影视免费精品| 成激情人妻视频| 亚洲h在线播放在线观看h| 在线视频一区二区亚洲| av无码天堂一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码AV色| 国产精品久久婷婷婷婷| 色综合久久蜜芽国产精品| 精品无码一区在线观看| 余庆县| 午夜成人无码免费看网站| 久久国产亚洲高清观看5388| av少妇偷窃癖在线观看| 一区二区三区不人妻无码| 九九久久精品大片| 精品亚洲一区二区99| 久久人妻少妇嫩草AV蜜桃| 麻豆最新国产av原创精品| 免费国产黄片视频在线观看| 国产麻豆精品一区二区三区v视界 一个添下面两个吃奶把腿扒开 | 麻豆av一区二区三区久久| 99久久精品费精品国产一区二区 | 国产精品黄色片在线观看| 乱女乱妇熟女熟妇综合网| 久久国产精品男人的天堂av| 亚洲午夜亚洲精品国产成人| 元码人妻精品一区二区三区9| 无码精品一区二区三区免费视频| 亚洲第一无码精品久久| 霍州市| 国产精品三级久久久久久久| 亚洲一区二区三区在线观看网站| 97久久久人妻精品区一|