亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      U.S. to withdraw from tomato trade deal with Mexico

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-08 14:56:21|Editor: Chengcheng
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- The United States will withdraw from a 2013 agreement with Mexico on tomato trade, the U.S. Department of Commerce said Thursday, citing complaints from farmers that Mexican tomato imports have eroded the interest of U.S. domestic producers.

      "On February 6, 2019, the Department of Commerce notified the Mexican signatories to the 2013 Suspension Agreement on Fresh Tomatoes from Mexico that the Department intends to withdraw from the Agreement," the department said in a statement.

      "With the written notification, Commerce intends to withdraw from the Agreement on May 7, 2019," it added.

      According to the statement, the United States began negotiating revisions to the six-year-old trade pact with Mexico in January 2018, but "significant outstanding issues remained" with regard to finding mutually acceptable compromises.

      The agreement suspended an anti-dumping investigation into Mexican tomato imports in exchange for the Mexican side agreeing to certain restrictions.

      The department said that in November 2018, the Florida Tomato Exchange, a private company based in Maitland, Florida, requested that the Commerce Department "end the deal and resume the anti-dumping investigation of fresh tomatoes from Mexico."

      "We have heard the concerns of the American tomato producing industry and are taking action today to ensure they are protected from unfair trading practices," the statement read, citing remarks of U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross.

      "Commerce finds at this stage that it is appropriate to notify the Mexican signatories of our intent to withdraw, terminate the Agreement, and resume the investigation," the statement said.

      Politico reported Thursday that 46 U.S. Senators and House Representatives wrote to Ross last week, urging him to take action. They complained that Mexico's share of the U.S. tomato market has risen from 32 to 54 percent since 1996, when an earlier tomato trade agreement went into force.

      The report said by addressing the lawmakers' concerns, the Commerce Department aims to rally Congressional support for the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, a replacement for the 1994 NAFTA deal that Mexico and Canada signed with the United States on Nov. 30, 2018 under pressure from the Trump administration.

      The new trade deal needs to be approved by the three nations' legislative bodies before taking effect.

      However, some producer groups from California -- which accounts for over 95 percent of processed tomato the country produces -- and other U.S. western states warned that if the United States resumes anti-dumping investigations into Mexican crops, Mexico may retaliate with similar moves targeting U.S. agricultural products such as apple, according to a report by CNBC.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378068271
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产女主播免费在线观看| 成人福利在线免费观看| 国产欧美日韩A片免费软件| 人人人妻人人澡人人爽欧美一区| 伊人色综合九久久天天蜜桃| 儋州市| 思思99热| 精品在线观看视频二区| 91精品国产免费久久久久久青草| 亚洲 国产 韩国 欧美 在线| 久久精品国产亚洲情侣| 黑人巨茎精品欧美一区二区| 女同在线观看免费网站| 制服无码在线第一页| 激情综合网缴情五月天| 丝袜人妻无码中文字幕综合网| 国产黄网站在线观看| 人妻系列无码专区久久五月天| 精品中文字幕手机在线| 人妻无码AⅤ不卡中文字幕| 国产性一交一乱一伦一色一情| 久久夜色精品| 亚州毛色毛片免费观看| 热久久这里只有| 国产精品亚洲av三区色| av无码中出一区二区三区 | 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 国内精品久久久久久久久蜜桃| 国产偷闻隔壁人妻内裤av| 精品国产美女福到在线直播| 麻豆变态另类视频在线观看| 国产熟女乱子视频正在播放| 亚洲高清一区二区三区在线观看| 宁河县| 99久久久久久亚洲精品| 国产波多野结衣中文在线播放| 无码久久精品蜜桃| 亚洲av成人一区二区三区色| 欧美黑人添添高潮a片www| 亚洲国产精品一区二区制服| 国产精品流白浆无遮挡|