亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi released after months in Thai detention

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-12 10:39:22|Editor: mym
      Video PlayerClose

      CANBERRA, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi has been freed from detention in Thailand and allowed to return to Australia after spending two months behind bars.

      The Thai attorney-general's office on Monday night confirmed that the extradition case against al-Araibi, 25, had been dropped and he would be free to return to his adopted home.

      Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Foreign Minister Marise Payne, who took up an active role in the campaign to free Hakeem in January, welcomed the news.

      Al-Araibi was arrested at Bangkok airport on Nov. 27, when he arrived in the country for his honeymoon with his wife, at the request of his native Bahrain, which he fled for Australia in 2014 after being accused of vandalizing a police station.

      A former member of Bahrain's national football team, al-Araibi has denied any involvement in the attack, saying he was playing in a televised football match at that time.

      During his appearances in Thai court he begged for Bahrain's extradition request to be denied, saying he feared he would be tortured if returned to his native country.

      The campaign to see Hakeem returned safely to Australia was spearheaded by Craig Foster, a former member of Australia's national football team -- Socceroos.

      Speaking on Monday night, Foster, who flew to Bangkok to visit al-Araibi in prison, described it as a "stunning" and "emotional" outcome.

      "Speaking to all the people involved, who have worked so hard over this time to try and save his life, it's an incredible feeling," he told SBS, one of Australia's two state-funded broadcasters.

      In a series of posts on social media, Foster thanked the "may wonderful people (who) stepped forward to help Hakeem."

      Football's governing body FIFA, which was urged by Foster to intervene in the case, joined the chorus of voices welcoming the news of al-Araibi's release.

      "FIFA is extremely pleased to see Hakeem Al-Araibi released from prison in Thailand and allowed to travel back to his home in Australia," it said in a statement.

      "This is the outcome we have worked for together with a broad coalition of human rights organizations, governments and the wider football community over the past two months," it added.

      "We would like to sincerely thank everyone who has contributed to this outcome and, in particular, the relevant public authorities for doing the right thing and bringing Hakeem's ordeal to an end."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378152361
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品成人国产乱| 青青草视频免费观看| 亚洲一区二区三区四区| 99久久99久久精品国产片果冻| 免费国产一级片内射老| 密山市| 久久精品有码中文字幕1| 亚洲精品国产福利在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区av激情| 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 少妇激情一区二区三区视频| 久久国产精品免费一区二区| 龙里县| 亚洲国产一区二区三区最新| 亚洲精品第一国产综合精品| 国产综合亚洲欧美日韩在线| 亚洲国产综合自在线另类| 欧洲国产精品无码专区影院| www插插插无码视频网站| 国产尤物av尤物在线看| 8848高清电视| 亚洲一区二区在线观看网站| av少妇偷窃癖在线观看| 久久碰国产一区二区三区| 欧美日韩另类在线| 亚洲欧美卡通另类丝袜美腿| 国产高清白浆| 国产 中文 制服丝袜 另类| 妺妺窝人体色www聚色窝| 丁香五月婷激情综合第九色| 色噜噜狠狠色综合av| 天镇县| 99在线无码精品秘 入口九色 | 加勒比在线中文字幕一区二区| 国产美女丝袜高潮白浆| 日本少妇精品一区二区| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区影院| 久久国产热精品波多野结衣av| 激情 一区二区| av永久天堂一区二区三区蜜桃| 国产精品视频第一区二区三区 |