亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Malaysia's ruling coalition eyes rebound in by-election

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-16 16:57:47|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      KUALA LUMPUR, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Malaysia kicked start another by-election campaign on Saturday as the ruling Pakatan Harapan coalition eyes a rebound from a previous electoral defeat.

      The 6th by-election in Malaysia since the national polls last year will see a four-cornered fight over the state-assembly seat in Semenyih of the central Selangor state, the Malaysia's Election Commission said following the nomination on Saturday.

      The by-election will feature a four-corner fight, with the main contest expected to be between candidates from the ruling Pakatan Harapan (PH) and the former ruling coalition Barisan Nasional(BN).

      The by-election was called following the passing away of the previous assemblyman from PH in January.

      The campaigning period started on Saturday and will end on March 1 with voters casting their ballots the following day.

      The March 2 contest will determine if PH can retain the state seat amid claims that the support from the country's Malay majority for the ruling coalition is waning since it took federal power in the general elections in May last year.

      PH lost the by-election for the parliamentary seat of Cameron Highlands last month, the first electoral defeat after the general election, after failing to wrest the seat traditionally held by BN.

      The Semenyih by-election will also be a test of Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad's Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM), whose member is representing the ruling coalition. It will need to fight off the challenger from United Malays National Organization (UMNO), the BN's lynchpin party that had governed Malaysia for more than six decades until the general elections last year.

      Nearly 70 percent of the electorate in the semi-rural constituency is made up by the Malays, making their support to winning the seat.

      Underscoring the importance of the contest, PPBM president and incumbent Home minister Muhyiddin Yassin will head the party's election machinery, and several other ministers from the party have already visited Semenyih in recent days.

      Professor Azmi Hassan from University of Technology Malaysia said the by-election was seen as a test for PPBM and UMNO, as both are under heavy pressure to deliver a victory to demonstrate their ability to sway Malay voters and for their political credibility.

      He also said the acceptance of several Members of Parliament (MP) from UMNO into PPBM, a move that has drawn criticism from other PH component parties, had made a win critical for the party.

      "BN is trying to show that its January by-election victory is not a fluke but the manifestation of how the Malays are dissatisfied with the PH government," he said.

      "As for PPBM, it will demonstrate to their allies the decision to accept UMNO MP's is the correct decision. Hence so much attention is given to Semenyih and since the Malays make the bulk of the voters and this will demonstrate where the Malays stand," he said.

      "A victory for PPBM will see the party come out stronger in its own coalition," Azmi said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378268981
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品久久黄色片看看| 国产一区二区三区 视频| 亚洲av日韩精品一区二区不卡| 国产成人午夜三级视频| 无码写真精品永久福利在线| 啊v在线视频| 久久人成免费网站小草| 日韩激情网| 亚洲综合无码一区二区| 麻豆精品一区二区视频在线| 一卡2卡三卡4卡免费网站| 国产一区国产二区在线视频| 中文字幕精品人妻av在线| 亚洲国产精品成人久久av| 2021最新久久久视精品爱| 亚洲av无码午夜| 免费无码AV一区二区波多野结衣 | 日韩精品一区二区三区在线观看的| 精品国产亚洲av麻豆尤物| 少妇av射精精品蜜桃专区| 日本三级精品| 龙海市| 一区欧美在线动漫| 国产福利深夜在线播放| 久久精品日韩欧美国产| 封开县| 国产亚洲精品国看不卡| 国产女同疯狂作爱系列| 久久久久亚洲AV成人网人人软件| 抚松县| www成人国产高清内射| 亚洲 一区二区 在线| 国产丝袜高跟美腿一区在线| 色爱综合亚洲av综合| AV无码精品一区二区三区四区| 久久国产亚洲AV无码麻豆| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品有坂深雪 | 国产成a人亚洲精品无码久久网| 六枝特区| 最新国产美女一区二区三区| 国产精品所毛片视频|