亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Yemeni gov't forces clash with Houthis in Hodeidah despite cease-fire

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-21 04:19:09|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Murad Abdo

      ADEN, Yemen, Feb. 20 (Xinhua) -- Intense clashes broke out between Yemen's government forces and the Houthi rebels in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah on Wednesday night despite the cease-fire brokered by the United Nations, an army commander told Xinhua.

      The army's commander based in the Hodeidah said on anonymity that intense armed confrontations erupted between pro-government Giants Brigades and the Houthi rebels using heavily weapons in the city's eastern parts.

      He said that fighters of the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels attempted to launch an attack against government-controlled sites near the 22nd May hospital, sparking hours of armed confrontations.

      "The army forces succeeded in confronting the Houthi rebels who were attempting to advance into government-controlled areas," the source said, adding that the "attack was aborted and Houthi attackers were forced to retreat."

      A spokesman of the government forces confirmed to Xinhua in a phone call that the government-controlled sites in different areas of Hodeidah were targeted by shells and rocket-propelled grenades fired by Houthis.

      Some of the Houthi-fired shells missed military targets and landed on residential areas, causing many injuries among civilians, according to the pro-government forces spokesman, Aseel Saqladi.

      The fresh armed confrontations coincided with the UN announcement about reaching an agreement between the two warring rivals regarding withdrawal of troops from Hodeidah.

      Yemeni observers said that the UN-brokered agreement to pullback warring forces from Hodeidah faces many setbacks and the chances to reach success are very slim.

      Earlier in the day, leader of the government's representatives at the Redeployment Coordination Committee (RCC) threatened to submit his resignation if the UN fails to withdraw Houthi rebels from Hodeidah's strategic port.

      According to a government source, "a number of countries demanded the government's RCC representatives to accept plans for withdrawing army units from Hodeidah before implementing other provisions of the agreement."

      "The RCC team refused the pressures and suggestions presented by those countries and threatened to submit resignation," the source said, adding that "the government's representatives insisted on full withdrawal of pro-Houthi troops first."

      On Monday, the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres expected the implementation of the first phase of Hodeidah's troop withdrawal "will be carried out immediately" by the Yemeni warring parties, a UN spokesman said.

      "There's always the need to have real impetus to implement on the ground, and we hope that now that we have the first phase agreed, it will be carried out immediately, and we are expecting that will happen on the ground," Farhan Haq, deputy spokesman for the UN chief, told reporters at a regular briefing.

      A deal reached in Stockholm in December 2018 said that the Yemeni government and the Houthi rebels should withdraw troops from the city of Hodeidah and ports of Hodeidah, Salif and Ras Issa.

      Hodeidah is the major Red Sea port in Yemen, which handles some 70 percent of the food and fuel imports into Yemen.

      The Red Sea Mills currently store enough grains to feed 3.7 million people for a month, which is at risk of rotting, the UN's World Food Program has said.

      The cease-fire, as part of the Stockholm deal, has been in place in the region since last December, but the Red Sea Mills remain inaccessible to humanitarian workers.

      Demilitarizing of the region is aimed at allowing humanitarian aid to reach Yemenis under the threat of famine because of the civil war now in its fourth year.

      The Yemeni parties also agreed in principle on phase two of the mutual redeployment. The next meeting on troop withdrawal is expected to convene within a week with the aim to finalize an agreement on phase two.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091378378561
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看一区二区女同| 亚洲精品黄网在线观看| 国产成社区在线视频观看| 自拍偷在线精品自拍偷免费| 无码熟妇人妻av影音先锋| 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品国产av一区二区| 精品亚洲少妇一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区少妇av | 亚洲欧洲日产国码无码av一| 亚洲av综合日韩精品久久久| 大连市| 92精品国产自产在线观看48页| 无码丰满熟妇浪潮一区二区av| 性色av不卡一区二区三区| 人妻少妇中文字幕久久69堂| 国产精品无码久久久久久久久作品| 抖射在线免费观看视频网站| 国产精品无码午夜福利| 两个人看www在线视频| 亚洲乱码精品中文字幕| 亚洲精品久久久蜜桃一区二区| 国产亚洲精品日韩香蕉网| 无遮挡十八禁在线视频国产制服网站 | 久久精品中文字幕第一页| 亚洲一区二区三区av激情| 97视频精品全国免费观看| 抖射在线免费观看视频网站| 本道无码一区二区久久激情| 国产精品久久久福利| 亚洲激情一区二区三区视频| 久久一级国产黄色精品| 纯肉无遮挡H肉动漫在线观看国产| 成人av午夜在线观看| 少妇性饥渴videofree| 国内精品91久久久久| 免费看奶头视频的网站| 欧美成人国产精品高潮| 久久精品国产亚洲av成人| 永善县| 国产激情久久久久久熟女老人|