亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Japan gov't to go ahead with U.S. base move in Okinawa despite most locals' objection in referendum

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-25 19:12:29|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, Feb. 25 (Xinhua) -- The majority of voters in a referendum in Japan's Okinawa rejected the central government's plans to relocate a controversial U.S. airbase within the southernmost prefecture, local media reported Monday after final tallies were counted.

      Japanese Prime Minster Shinzo Abe said on Monday that while continuing to seek dialogue with the local people, the move would go ahead.

      The Japanese premier said the government will do its utmost to try and ease Okinawa's disproportionate U.S. base-hosting burdens, but underscored that more than 20 years had already passed since a pact was made with the U.S. on the unpopular base's move.

      Japan's Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya, meanwhile, said the government plans to forge ahead with the contentious construction work in preparation for the new base, which involves extensive land reclamation work at Henoko, a pristine coastal region in Okinawa.

      "We would like to advance the new base construction work, while explaining the necessity of the relocation plan to the Okinawa people in a polite and cordial manner to seek their understanding," Iwaya told a press briefing on Monday.

      More than 70 percent of the voters rejected the government's plans to move the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma from the Ginowan region to the coastal Henoko area also on the island, giving the Okinawa government a stronger foothold in its campaign to block the controversial move.

      In Sunday's referendum where voters were given the choice to vote "yes," "no," or "neither," as to whether they wanted to see the U.S. base relocated on their island, the number of "no" votes came in at 72.2 percent of the total.

      Those supporting the move stood at some 19.1 percent, and those who voted "neither" stood at 8.8 percent as to whether they agreed with the central government's land reclamation work in the coastal region, according to the prefectural authorities.

      Exit polls also showed that not only do Okinawans not want to see any more military bases on the island, they also want the central government to respect the outcome of the prefecture-wide referendum and abandon its plans to relocate the base.

      Okinawa Governor Denny Tamaki who denounces the central government's plans to relocate the base, said he hoped the referendum, although not legally binding, provided local citizens with the opportunity to voice their opposition to the move.

      "This is the first time that opposition specifically to the plan was clearly shown, so it bears significant meaning. I fully take the people's resolution, and strongly call on the central government to stop the relocation work," Tamaki was quoted by local media as saying, after the result of the referendum was announced.

      An ordinance on the referendum maintains that Tamaki must notify Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and U.S. President Donald Trump following the outcome of the referendum.

      Okinawa hosts the bulk of U.S. military facilities in Japan, yet the tiny sub-tropical island accounts for just a small fraction of Japan's total landmass.

      There have been numerous cases of the local citizens being victims of U.S. base-linked workers' criminal activities.

      These have spanned brutal rape and murder cases, instances of military personnel driving under the influence of alcohol, and cases of assault and disorderly behavior.

      Okinawans have also suffered from a steady flow of accidents and mishaps involving U.S. military aircraft, as well as environmental and noise pollution.

      In addition, the new location for the base has a pristine and extremely delicate coastal ecosystem unique to Okinawa, which includes highly endangered species of marine life, and the locals and international environmentalists desperately want to protect the region.

      Tamaki has said that the central government's persistent push to continue with the landfill work for the base's relocation is completely unacceptable and against the will of Okinawans who wish to see the base moved outside of Okinawa and Japan altogether, as anti-U.S. sentiment continues to rise on the island.

      Japan's central government began pouring soil into the sea for the replacement facility in December last year, much to the anger of local Okinawan residents, who feel, to a large extent, they are still under post-World War II occupation by U.S. forces.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378494221
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲女精品一区二区三区| 中文字幕亚洲综合久久菠萝蜜| 国产资源精品中文字幕| 在线精品国产中文字幕| 亚洲成AV人片无码不卡| 午夜亚洲国产理论片亚洲2020| 91白浆在线视频| 超碰cao已满18进入离开官网| 亚洲国产成人AV人片久久网站| 亚洲AV无一区二区三区| 少妇bbwbbw高潮| 闽清县| 国产欧美日韩图片一区二区| 在线观看亚洲欧美日本| 久久亚洲国产成人精品性色| 精品人妻av区乱码| 成人女同av免费观看| 激情动态图亚洲区域激情| 欧美人与动牲交大全免费| 日日摸夜夜添夜夜添破| 综合色一色综合久久网| 亚洲精品一区二区三区播放| 精品国产91久久综合| 丝袜美女污污免费观看的网站| 免费一本色道久久88一综合| 免费观看黄网站| 日韩Va亚洲va欧美Ⅴa久久 | 熟女系列丰满熟妇av| 亚洲av日韩aⅴ无码电影 | 中文字幕经典一区| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠97俺也去 | 国产剧情无码视频在线观看| 陇南市| 最新手机国产在线小视频| 精品国产一区二区三区麻豆| 日韩在线精品在线观看| 亚洲精品中文字幕日本| 久久中文字幕人妻熟女少妇| 亚洲综合视频在线观看| 亚洲嫩模尤物大尺度高清人体| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线视频 |