亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: U.S. grounds all Boeing 737 Max 8 and 9 aircraft as pressure mounts

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-03-14 07:33:22|Editor: Xiaoxia
      Video PlayerClose
      FILE-U.S.-BOEING 737 MAX 9-GROUNDING?

      File photo taken on June 19, 2017 shows a Boeing 737 MAX 9 at the 52nd International Paris Air and Space Show in Bourget, France. The United States is grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and 9 aircraft, said U.S. President Donald Trump on March 13, 2019. (Xinhua/Chen Yichen)

      WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- The United States is grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and 9 aircraft, said U.S. President Donald Trump Wednesday, as it became the last major country to do so after two crashes by the model in recent months.

      "All of those planes are grounded, effective immediately," Trump told a press event, referring to the Boeing 737 Max variations.

      "The safety of the American people, of all people is our paramount concern," Trump said.

      The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) followed up on Trump's remarks with a statement, ordering the temporary grounding of Boeing 737 Max aircraft operated by U.S. airlines or in U.S. territory.

      The FAA said that "new evidence collected at the site and analyzed today" led to the latest decision.

      "The grounding will remain in effect pending further investigation, including examination of information from the aircraft's data recorders and cockpit voice recorders," the FAA statement said.

      An Ethiopian Airlines plane en route from Addis Ababa to Nairobi, Kenya crashed Sunday, killing all 157 people aboard. A Lion Air crash in October in Indonesia killed all 189 people on board. Both were Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft and circumstances surrounding both crashes shared alarming similarities.

      It is at this point unclear what the exact causes of the crashes were, though U.S. media reported that five complaints were filed against Boeing 737 Max aircraft by pilots on a federal database months before the Sunday crash, with one pilot calling the flight manual "inadequate and almost criminally insufficient."

      Furthermore, Boeing said it had been developing a flight control software enhancement for the 737 MAX in the aftermath of Lion Air flight crash. The Ethiopian Airlines crash took place before the enhancement was completed.

      The FAA announcement, made hours after Canada announced it is pulling Boeing 737 Max aircraft from the sky, reversed the FAA's previous statements defending Boeing.

      Boeing said in a statement that "out of an abundance of caution," it recommended to the FAA the suspension of operations of the entire global fleet of 371 aircraft in the 737 Max category.

      Southwest Airlines, a major operator of Boeing 737 Max aircraft in the United States, said it would immediately comply with FAA's latest requirements by removing its 34 Max 8 aircraft from service.

      Prior to the announcement to ground the aircraft, Southwest Airlines had been allowing free ticket exchanges to travelers who had booked flights conducted by Boeing 737 Max 8.

      The news would also come as a relief for customers of American Airlines, another major operator of the aircraft that had refused to offer free ticket exchanges for those due to fly one of the aircraft.

      U.S. Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal, who has called for the grounding of the aircraft since Monday, said the FAA took a right but "overdue" step, referring to the fact that the United States was the last major country to halt operation of the questioned model, despite repeated calls from U.S. lawmakers, experts, and the public in the past couple of days for the FAA to prioritize safety.

      "This step is right, but unacceptably overdue. Our nation should be leading, not lagging, in air safety. Strong, immediate scrutiny is necessary," Blumenthal tweeted, stressing that the U.S. public deserve to know "when this possible defect was 1st known, what will be done about it & who is responsible."

      Pressure had been mounting for the FAA and Boeing to halt operation of the aircraft since its latest crash Sunday.

      Former FAA Safety Inspector David Soucie told U.S. media that he would "definitely" ground the Boeing 737 Max if he were in charge of the FAA.

      "I've never, ever done this. I've never said that, 'hey, it's unsafe to fly a particular model' but in this case, I'm going to have to go there... So yeah I would watch for that airplane," Soucie warned.

      Professional opinions prompted U.S. lawmakers across the aisle and industry organizations to join in unison calling for the grounding of the model, urging the FAA to join other aviation regulators in prioritizing safety.

      U.S. Republican Senator Ted Cruz on Tuesday pledged he would hold a Congressional hearing to investigate the crashes and called for the aircraft to be grounded before the all-clear is given.

      Many calling on the FAA to ground the aircraft point to a growing number of international aviation regulators, including those in China, Indonesia, the European Union and Australia, that have temporarily banned operation of the aircraft, as well as an expanding list of airlines also making the move.

         1 2 Next  

      KEY WORDS:
      YOU MAY LIKE
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001378931931
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美国日产高清| 亚洲AV无码日韩一区二区乱| 国产人成在线免费视频| 神马不卡一区二区三级| 4hu44四虎www在线影院麻豆 | 欧美v日韩v亚洲综合国产高清| 日本变态网址中国字幕| 偷拍激情视频一区二区| 额济纳旗| 亚洲欧美另类日本久久影院| 日本护士野外xxxhd| 不卡无码人妻一区三区| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页| jiZZ国产在线女人水多| 亚洲传媒av一区二区三区| 放荡人妻一区二区三区| 中文不卡视频| 欧乱色国产精品兔费视频| 国产成人精品综合久久久久| 性欧美暴力猛交69hd| 日韩免费高清视频网站| 国产视频精品一区白白色| 国产精品白浆一区二区免费看| 亚洲欧美偷国产日韩| 成年片色大黄全免费网站久久| 色综合久久天天综合| 国产精品YY9299在线观看| 亚洲99一区二区三区| 国产亚洲精品综合一区| 日韩在线观看 一区二区| 精品国产午夜福利在线观看 | 成激情人妻视频| 亚洲一区精品一区在线观看| 一区五码在线| 日韩av一中美av一中文字慕| 午夜国产亚洲精品一区| 日韩熟女熟妇久久精品综合| 汉阴县| 亚洲无线码1区| 性少妇tubevⅰdeos高清| 丰满人妻无套中出中文字幕|