亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Cyclone Idai kills at least 437 in southern Africa: UN

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-03-22 07:11:40|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, March 21 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed deaths from Cyclone Idai in southern Africa has risen to at least 437 with officials expecting the death toll to rise further, a UN official said on Thursday.

      In Mozambique, "the death toll has now risen to 242," said Gemma Connell, head of the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs' (OCHA) Regional Office for Southern and Eastern Africa, in the Mozambican capital of Maputo.

      More than 195 people died in neighboring Malawi (56) and Zimbabwe (139), according to the respective governments, she said in a telephone briefing for reporters.

      "We do anticipate for that to rise in the days ahead as the full extent of the loss of life becomes known," she said. "It's critical for everyone to be aware that many areas remain inundated with water and therefore the counting of the dead will continue to take some time, so we expect the death toll to rise as that progresses.

      Connell said that on Wednesday she was in Beira, a flooded port city of about 500,000, and toured some of the region by helicopter, where roads were mostly impassible.

      Beira is a key gateway for neighboring and landlocked Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe where Idai made landfall on March 15.

      "When I was over the area of Buzi (a nearby district), we were starting to see some of the flood waters beginning to go down," she said. "There is still the possibility of secondary floods."

      "Therefore, we are on high alert for this situation to worsen," the aid worker said. "But, we are happy that we have the good news of the flood waters going down."

      The OCHA official lauded two key non-governmental organizations (NGOs) providing air support for the relief operation, Mercy Air and Wings Like Eagles, calling helicopter crews "heroic," and saying it was "absolutely critical" to have the air support.

      She said OCHA was not seeking supplies but needed more funds.

      The head of OCHA, Undersecretary-General Mark Lowcock, announced earlier in the week 20 million U.S. dollars had been freed from the UN's Central Emergency Relief Fund. Connell said that was not near enough.

      She said high energy biscuits and clean drinking water had initially been provided to flood victims, many of whom had gathered in houses of worship, stadiums and other large sites above the water.

      Idai, as a tropical storm, flooded parts of central Mozambique and southern Malawi in early March, meteorological agencies said. It then went back out to sea, gathered strength and doubled back as a full-fledged cyclone to hit many already flooded areas.

      The OCHA regional head said Cyclone Idai had created a "complex situation and an even more complex (humanitarian) response."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001379140421
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品一区二区制服| 国产乱人视频在线观看播放器| www.av在线.com| 国产在线一区二区视频免费观看| 91日本在线精品高清观看| 内射毛片内射国产夫妻| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆四虎 | 国产精品不卡无码av在线播放| 国99久9在线 | 免费| 亚洲大尺度动作在线观看一区| 免费人成在线播放首页| 亚洲欧美变态另类综合| 成人3d动漫一区二区三区| 日本少妇高潮喷水XXXXXXX| 人妖精品视频在线观看| 国产粉嫩美女一区二区三| 国产精品毛片完整版视频| 国产成人福利av一区二区三区 | 久久一二三四区中文字幕| 亚洲又黄又大又爽毛片| 日韩成人av午夜福利| 一本大道av伊人久久综合| 国产一区二区丁香婷婷| 精品国产一区二区三区亚洲人| 亚洲人成成无码网WWW| 熟女人妻一区二区在线观看 | 最新版天堂中文在线| 中文字幕一区二区三区人妻精品 | 成美女黄网站18禁免费| 久久久久高潮喷水无码| 久久AⅤ无码精品色午麻豆| 合肥市| 尤物yw午夜国产精品视频| 最新国产午夜精品视频成人 | 日韩av二区三区一区| 成人免费无码大片a毛片 | 男女高潮免费观看无遮挡| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 手机免费在线观看av网站| 成人小视频在线观看播放| 成人免费A级毛片无码|