亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Okinawa refuses to kowtow to Japan central gov't's plans to shift U.S. base

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-03-22 19:39:22|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      TOKYO, March 22 (Xinhua) -- The Okinawa prefectural government on Friday filed a new lawsuit against the central government to retract approval given for landfill work for the relocation of a controversial U.S. base with Japan's southernmost prefecture.

      The landfill work, which is vehemently opposed by the Okinawa government and the people, is part of the central government's plans to relocate the U.S. Marine Corps Futenma Air Station from Ginowan to the pristine coastal area of Henoko, also in Okinawa.

      The lawsuit was filed with the Naha branch of the Fukuoka High Court and seeks for the cancellation of the land ministry's reversal in October of Okinawa retracting a permit given for the central government to proceed with the land reclamation work.

      Okinawa Gov. Denny Tamaki, a staunch opponent to the base move, in talks with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo on Tuesday, insisted that the landfill work be suspended, in the latest indication he and the people of Okinawa will not kowtow to the central government's plans made in cahoots with the United States to move the base.

      He maintained that more time was needed to negotiate the sensitive situation following the majority of local citizens in Okinawa, in a national referendum held recently, voting against the relocation plan.

      Despite the contrary stance of the Okinawa prefectural government and citizens in Japan's southernmost prefecture, the central government said it will forge ahead with the land reclamation work regardless, but that it was "open" to more dialogue on the situation.

      Reclamation work, involving the dumping of large boulders, sand and sediment into pristine waters off Henoko, may restart as early as Monday, the central government indicated.

      "I want to take seriously the feelings of the people in the prefecture, but we must avoid the Futenma base remaining in its current place," Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya said Friday, adding that he was disappointed that Okinawa had filed a fresh lawsuit.

      The overall plans for the new base involve 157 hectares of land being reclaimed from immaculate waters off the Henoko area and the building of a V-shaped runway.

      Officials in Okinawa have stated that the reclamation work runs contrary to the National Biodiversity Strategy of Japan as it is damaging an ecosystem unique to the region.

      Environmentalists have also voiced concerns about the materials used for the reclamation work introducing invasive species to the region.

      The waters of Oura Bay are, in addition, the last home of the highly-endangered Japanese dugong, which is a large marine mammal and cousin of the manatee. Environmentalists are certain of the species' extinction if the central government's construction continues.

      One of the endangered dugong was found dead earlier this week by fishermen in Okinawa, local media reported.

      The mammal, which has been designated as a national treasure, has been listed as being "critically endangered" by the Environment Ministry.

      Only a few of them are thought to still exist, according to a local probe, in waters which include its habitat off Henoko, that will disappear under the central government's planned land reclamation work.

      Prefectural authorities in Okinawa have also claimed that the base-linked construction work legally infringes on the rights granted to local fishermen in the coastal region.

      Okinawa hosts the bulk of U.S. military facilities in Japan, yet the tiny sub-tropical island accounts for just a small fraction of Japan's total landmass.

      The local people in Okinawa have, for decades, been victims of U.S. base-linked workers' criminal activities, which span minor disorderly offenses such as driving under the influence of alcohol, to heinous instances of rape and murder.

      They have also been forced to put up with a steady flow of accidents and mishaps involving U.S. military aircraft.

      Anti-U.S. sentiment has been rising on the island of late, with locals insisting that the central government pay heed to the results of the referendum and move the base out of Okinawa and Japan altogether.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001379160591
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 乱女乱妇熟女熟妇综合网| 成年午夜无码av片在线观看| 亚洲一区精品中文字幕| 亚洲成熟丰满熟妇高潮XXXXX| 国产精品一区二区日韩精品| 在线日韩人妻高清在线| 息烽县| 亚洲五月婷婷久久综合| 亚洲精品有码在线观看| 婷婷五月亚洲综合图区| 久久中文字幕亚洲精品最新| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕456| 免费人成网ww555kkk在线| 男女性高爱潮免费网站| 狠狠久久精品中文字幕无码| 高清dvd碟片生活片| 久久精品国产亚洲AV高清y w| 久久精品无码一区二区三区不卡 | 国产欧美亚洲另类第一页| 日本一区免费喷水| 国产日韩精品秘 入口| 国产精品视频色拍在线视频| 狠狠丁香激情久久综合| 纯肉无遮挡h肉3d动漫在线观看 | 国产成人国产在线观看| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 国产成年无码久久久免费| 人妻av一区二区三区高| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 国内精品久久久久久久久蜜桃| 免费的黄网站精品久久| 色吊丝av中文字幕| av无码天堂一区二区三区| av网站可以直接看的| 麻豆国产av尤物网站尤物| 精品欧美小视频在线观看| 这里只有精品免费视频| 人摸人人人澡人人超碰手机版| 亚洲中文久久精品无码照片| 成在线人视频免费视频| 于田县|