亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN, ICRC scramble for Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Malawi cyclone survivors amid worsening destruction

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-03-23 03:31:39|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      GENEVA, March 22 (Xinhua) -- The UN and Red Cross said Friday they are working with government and humanitarian partners in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi to give relief to survivors of Tropical Cyclone Idai with destruction seeming to worsen.

      "In Mozambique, the most affected country, the government has declared a national emergency as the death toll from the effects of the cyclone climbs above the reported 242 and is expected to exceed 1,000," said UN refugee agency UNHCR's spokesperson Babar Baloch, quoting a similar assessment to that given by other UN agencies.

      The World Food Programme (WFP) said that heavy rains in Zimbabwe's Manicaland and Masvingo provinces had continued to cause massive destruction.

      The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said in a statement it is deploying more staff to the three countries to work with International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and national Red Cross societies.

      "Every day we discover that the destruction left by Cyclone Idai is worse than we imagined," the ICRC statement quoted Hicham Mandoudi, the ICRC's head of sub-delegation in Beira, Mozambique, as saying.

      "We are deeply concerned about remote communities that are cut-off by flooding and landslides and are yet to receive any humanitarian assistance," said Mandoudi.

      The ICRC is deeply concerned about rural communities cut-off by landslides and flood-waters.

      The ICRC said the coastal city of Beira is still flooded, making it impossible to bury bodies.

      "The mortuary at the city's main hospital is full, and there are dozens of bodies that need to be removed and cared for in a dignified way," said the ICRC.

      Jens Laerke, spokesperson for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), said the Mozambique government had established a temporary medical center in Beira supported by health teams, including doctors from South Africa.

      WFP spokesperson Herve Verhoosel had told journalists Thursday, "It looks like the situation in Chimanimani - the hardest hit district in Zimbabwe - is very bad. Some 90 percent of the district has been significantly damaged."

      Preliminary results estimated that 200,000 people urgently need food assistance for the next three months in Zimbabwe, said WFP.

      The International Organization for Migration (IOM) said that in Zimbabwe, the cyclone had affected the districts Chimanimani, Chipinge, Masvingo and Mashonaland East, affecting over 50,000 people.

      More than 120 bodies had been washed into neighboring Mozambique, where residents buried them. Floods washed away at least four bridges.

      Total fatalities known to IOM in Zimbabwe are 259, with hundreds more injured. Some 217 are missing.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091379166111
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品一区二区三区在线观看视频| 综合久久久久6亚洲综合| 婷婷久久香蕉五月综合加勒比| 无码Gv永久免费网站| 朝鲜女人大白屁股ass| 午夜精品一区二区久久做老熟女| 不卡免费av在线高清| 色yeye在线观看| 天天躁日日躁aaaaxxxx| 久久综合亚洲鲁鲁九月天| 久久久精品中文字幕综合| 色老头亚洲成人免费影院| 3亚洲日韩在线精品区| 久久精品国产亚洲一级二级| 亚洲香蕉av一区二区蜜桃| 亚洲人成无码网www电影榴莲| 亚洲视频免费在线看| 同心县| 亚洲区精选网址| 欧美三级不卡在线播放 | 国产婷婷精品av在线| 一级内射片在线网站观看视频| 中文字幕在线观看乱码一区| 男女高潮喷水在线观看| 午夜亚洲精品久久一区二区| 国产人妖av一级黄片| 爱v天堂在线观看| 西昌市| 九九在线精品视频xxx| 超碰精品无码一区二区| 亚洲九九视频| 亚洲男人天堂av在线| 亚洲美女av日韩一区| 巨臀精品无码AV在线播放| 亚洲国产初高中女| 亚洲专区在线观看第三页| 国产成人永久在线播放| 在线观看免费高清电影网站| 亚洲日韩图片专区小说专区| 修水县| aⅴ色综合久久天堂av色综合|