亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: U.S. designation of IRGC as foreign terrorist organization could escalate Mideast tension, experts say

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-04-09 13:39:32|Editor: mingmei
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, April 8 (Xinhua) -- U.S. designation of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) as a "foreign terrorist organization" (FTO) on Monday could disrupt U.S. economic and diplomatic links around the globe and further escalate Middle East tension, U.S. experts said.

      "This designation will be the first time that the United States has ever named a part of another government as an FTO," U.S. President Donald Trump said in a statement, adding that the designation "will significantly expand the scope and scale of our maximum pressure on the Iranian regime."

      According to The Wall Street Journal, the designation bans companies and individuals from providing any type of material support or resources to the IRGC-controlled companies, and those who deal with them would be subject to civil or criminal penalties, including prosecution.

      Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif indicated via twitter the alleged link between the U.S. designation decision and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is seeking a fifth term in the April 9 elections but faces a tough fight from former Chief of General Staff Benny Gantz and a series of allegations over fraud and bribery.

      "A(nother) misguided election-eve gift to Netanyahu. A(nother) dangerous U.S. misadventure in the region," noted Zarif, who also posted a report of Israeli media saying the Trump administration's decision was made at the request of Netanyahu.

      Wayne White, former deputy director of the Middle East Intelligence Office of the State Department, told Xinhua in an interview that it is "quite possible" that "this move also was timed to suggest ... Israeli voters that Prime Minister Netanyahu is the only Israeli leader with the personal ties to President Trump who can deliver on such Israeli supported matters."

      However, Washington has claimed that the move is merely part of its pressure campaign and "broader effort to counter Iran-backed terrorism around the world."

      In response to media's question why the U.S. administration had decided to make the designation on Monday, Nathan Sales, U.S. coordinator for counterterrorism, only said that "it's the next step in our maximum pressure campaign."

      "This administration previously designated the IRGC for providing support to terrorism. Today, we have stripped away the plausible deniability," Sales said.

      White believes that the Trump Administration is "determined to pressure and hurt Iran as much as possible, and this is one more such action since the U.S. backed out of the Iranian nuclear agreement."

      Speaking of the spillovers of the U.S. move, Dan Mahaffee, senior vice president and director of policy at the Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress, told Xinhua that the U.S. unprecedented step, which actually listed a foreign government's organization as a terrorist entity, "does raise the risk of further escalation and confrontation with Iran, and we are already seeing this as the Iranians are declaring U.S. forces to be a terrorist entity as well."

      Iran's Supreme National Security Council has responded to the U.S. designation by announcing U.S. Central Command forces in West Asia as a "terrorist group."

      "Because the IRGC has links to so many individuals and institutions abroad (mostly through its civilian economic empire), such a sweeping designation also could disrupt everything from American economic to diplomatic links to quite an array of global contacts," White said.

      U.S. media quoted analysts as saying that the U.S. move, together with possible retaliation from Iran and the Shiite forces in Middle East nations, would further escalate the regional confrontation, and complicate the mission of U.S. forces and diplomats in the region that have to engage with governments that may have close links to Iran, and even with Iran itself over a group of sensitive issues.

      According to U.S. media, the Pentagon and the U.S. intelligence community also feared that the move could lead to a backlash against U.S. forces in the region "without inflicting the intended damage on the Iranian economy."

      When asked about whether Washington has provided safety measures to the U.S. forces operating very closely to the IRGC members in the Middle East, Brian Hook, senior policy advisor to the secretary of state and special representative for Iran, said at a press briefing that the U.S. side has "taken all measures that are appropriate and prudent in the context of this designation."

      The stated goals of the Trump administration's Iran policy are also under question.

      Last year, Pompeo rolled out U.S. new strategy on Iran, outlining 12-point requirements for Iran to change its behaviors.

      Brookings Institution senior fellow Michael O'Hanlon said he has "lots of qualms about Trump's overall Mideast policy -- the 12-point Pompeo speech on Iran last year with entirely unrealistic goals."

      (Matthew Rusling also contributed to the story.)

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001379623871
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 91网站在线看| 国产成人无码精品久久久免费| 亚洲一区不卡在线导航| 亚洲精品国精品久久99热| 久久国产色av老熟蜜臀av| 日韩中文字幕三级有码区| 亚洲av高清在线观看三区| 国产盗摄XXXX视频XXXX| 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区在线观看| 一区二区三区国产亚洲网站| 喷潮出白浆视频在线观看| 一本大道在线一久道一区二区| 亚洲综合久久久中文字幕| 国产精品视频一品二区三| 花莲市| 利川市| 久久精品免视看国产明星 | 成 人 a v免费视频在线观看| 好男人在在线社区www在线影院| 色播中文字幕在线视频| 一区二区特别黄色大片| 国产无码swag专区| 久久国产精品三级av| av天堂资源在线免费播放| 精品人妻一区二区三区中文久久| 亚洲国产成a人v在线观看| 午夜免费福利一区二区无码AV| 在线观看日本亚洲一区| 在线无码va中文字幕无码| 色综合久久中文综合久久激情| 蜜桃一区二区三区在线看| 国产精品视频不卡一区二区| 国产成人精品cao在线| 在线免费观看黄色国产| 无码av永久免费大全| 久久综合色一综合色88| 亚洲欧美日本人成在线观看| 亚洲伊人不卡av在线| 国产精品网站夜色| 再看日本中文字幕在线观看 | 久久成人永久免费播放|