亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      News Analysis: After 4 years of deadly conflict in Yemen, Houthis shift to attacking gov't-controlled areas

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-04-25 00:03:11|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Murad Abdo

      ADEN, Yemen, April 24 (Xinhua) -- Over the past few weeks, the Houthi group appeared to have adopted a new military strategy and began attacking government-controlled provinces in the country's southern part, Yemeni analysts said.

      Despite four years of military operations launched by the Yemeni government forces backed by a Saudi Arabia-led coalition, the Houthis showed a defiant position and shifted to carrying out offensives instead of defending their areas, according to the analysts.

      During the last two weeks, the Houthis began launching a series of intensive attacks on positions of the government forces in the northern part of al-Dhalea and managed to control key mountainous areas overlooking government-controlled areas in the province.

      The army forces loyal to Yemen's government announced counteroffensives to defend southern provinces, vowing to reclaim all areas seized by Houthis.

      But the Houthis continued marching on the northern outskirts of al-Dhalea province despite the intensified aerial bombardment against their sites and showed stiff resistance to the on-ground military operations launched by the government forces.

      Earlier on Wednesday, the Houthi fighters managed to seize Al Husha district, west of al-Dhalea province, following fierce battles with forces loyal to the Yemeni government.

      Ali Hadi, a Yemeni military observer, told Xinhua the Houthis desperately want to achieve a significant military progress towards the country's southern part, where they have no public support.

      "The Houthi group lost the battles in the southern provinces during the past years and now it tries to make a new desperate advancement but that will be more difficult," he said.

      According to the military observer, the Houthis mainly aim to shift the government's concentration away from advancing militarily towards the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah and other northern provinces.

      "Houthis are attacking the southern provinces because they realized that only southern fighters allied with the Saudi-led coalition stand against their expanding project in Yemen," he clarified.

      He added that "Houthis are planning to force hundreds of fighters who are advancing and battling the Houthis in Hodeidah and elsewhere in northern Yemen to withdraw, but their military strategy will not succeed."

      Officials affiliated with pro-government political parties exchanged accusations and blamed each other for facilitating the Houthi progress towards the country's southern provinces controlled by the internationally-backed government.

      A high-ranking military official who preferred to be unnamed blamed military factions linked to Yemen's Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated Islah party for supporting the Houthis to advance towards the southern provinces.

      "Some intelligence tips revealed that the Houthis are receiving support and they easily seized heavy weapons from key military positions that were previously run by forces linked to the Islah party which is conflicting with southern Yemeni forces," the unnamed official said.

      For Mansour Saleh, an Aden-based political analyst, the Houthis didn't achieve military progress towards the southern provinces but some factions facilitated the Houthi's seizure of key military sites on the outskirts of the southern provinces.

      "What's happening in these days can't be described as Houthi progress but simply there is a laxity and surrender of military positions by some pro-government forces in favor of the Houthis," said Saleh.

      He said that some pro-government forces gave up their loyalty and shifted to fighting with Houthis against the country's southern provinces "in what appeared to be a hidden consensus on a future settlement between the two sides."

      He added that "it looks like the forces of the country's northern part decided to postpone the war against the Houthis for the protection of Yemen's unity and for seizing control over the southern provinces."

      The anti-Houthi forces positioned in the northern parts of al-Dhalea province urged Yemen's government and the Saudi-led coalition to support their fronts with necessary military equipment to repulse the Houthi advancement.

      Other Yemeni experts believed that the delay in providing the pro-government forces with armored vehicles and modern military equipment helped the Houthis to make progress on-ground.

      "Pro-government forces were left without adequate military support and Houthis seized the chance to advance but the next days will witness a significant change in the battleground," said Mohamed Ban Yahya, a military expert based in southern Yemen.

      "Houthis know it clearly that entering the southern provinces is an impossible task but they want to deceive their fighters about making baseless victories," he said.

      The areas located in the north and west of al-Dhalea province have been witnessing continuous fighting between government forces and Houthi fighters for nearly four years.

      Yemen has been plagued by a civil war since late 2014 after Houthi rebels revolted against the Saudi-backed internationally recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

      The rebels advanced from their far northern stronghold of Saada province toward the south, seizing control over much of the country's north, including the capital Sanaa, which triggered the deadliest war that entered its fifth year.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521380061811
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 色网站免费在线观看| 久久久久成人片免费观看蜜芽| 内射视频福利在线观看| 欧美乱妇高清无乱码免费| AV在线毛片| 熟妇人妻不卡中文字幕| 国产视频不卡在线| 日韩视频福利| 亚洲欧美国产高清va在线播放| 日韩最新在线不卡av| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区 | 99久久精品国产自在首页| 国产主播一区二区在线观看| 久久久久国产a免费观看rela| 韩国善良美丽的老师2| 日韩人妻中文字幕一区二区| 逊克县| 国产成人精品免费视频大全| 日本人又色又爽的视频| 开心五月婷婷激情综合| 丰满少妇高潮在线观看| 在线免费欧美| 婷婷五月亚洲综合图区| 日韩精品一卡二卡在线观看| 亚洲欧洲日产国码无码| 国产精品27页| 国产高清在线男人的天堂| 国产欧美日韩在线在线不卡视频| 亚洲熟伦在线视频| 亚洲色偷拍一区二区三区| WWW丫丫国产成人精品| 日本韩国欧美国产亚洲| 通山县| 久久人妻av无码中文专区| 亚洲天堂伊人久久a成人| 伊人不卡中文字幕在线一区二区| 午夜精品久久久影院av| 丁香色狠狠色综合久久小说| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 欧美一级视频在线| 人妻久久999精品1024|