亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Spain bets on Cuba despite U.S. application of Helms-Burton Act

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-05-07 11:08:57|Editor: Li Xia
      Video PlayerClose

      HAVANA, May 6 (Xinhua) -- Spain will continue to invest in Cuba despite the uncertainty and concern raised by the recent activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act by the United States against the island nation, visiting Spanish Trade Minister Reys Maroto said here.

      The minister reaffirmed the Spanish stance over the issue at a gathering of more than 130 representatives of Spanish companies in Cuba.

      The controversial act, enacted four days ago by Washington, allows U.S. citizens to establish lawsuits against foreign companies operating in Cuba on nationalized properties after 1959.

      "The meeting encourages us to continue working to strengthen trade and investment ties with Cuba. There are key investments Spanish companies can make in strategic areas for the modernization of the country such as renewable energies, transport, infrastructure and auto," she said.

      In a press conference held after the meeting, Maroto also affirmed that Madrid's message to its investors in the Caribbean nation is based on "commitment," "responsibility" and "loyalty" to Havana and its business community.

      "We are going to analyze all the recommendations from now on, both by our government and within the framework of the European Commission," she insisted.

      Maroto said Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez will seek to mediate with the Trump administration to solve this issue and prevent "any kind of commercial war."

      Implementing Title III of the 1996 Helms-Burton Act, which had been suspended by every U.S. president since Bill Clinton, aims to dash foreign investment in the island and further strengthen the nearly six-decade-old economic embargo, according to observers.

      Also, it would unleash thousands of claims over major properties like factories, industries, tourism infrastructure, government buildings and even houses where ordinary Cubans live today.

      "We will stand by our investments in Cuba and it could be years of litigation to make any decision," she said.

      Among Spanish firms that could receive claims are Melia, Iberostar and Barcelo which operate more than 60 hotels owned by the Cuban government.

      She highlighted the first Spanish investment fund of 40 million euros (about 45.6 million U.S. dollars) signed between the two countries last November during Sanchez's visit.

      Maroto announced a second fund of 375 million euros (about 420 million dollars) to finance the island's local currency priority development projects linked to the interests of Spanish companies.

      Spain is Cuba's third largest trading partner. According to official figures, Spain's exports to the island grew 5 percent in 2018 to around 900 million euros (about 1 billion dollars). Madrid is Havana's main European partner with a market share close to 40 percent.

      This new investment fund announced Monday by Maroto is a fresh shot of vitality for Spanish businesses in Cuba, which is mired in tensions with Washington.

      "Different sectors can contribute to Cuba's development with new investments, others can further develop ongoing projects and new companies have an enormous interest in this market," Inmaculada Riera, director of Spain's Chamber of Commerce, told Xinhua.

      Spanish companies in such areas as tourism, agriculture and food processing, infrastructure, construction, energy were present at the meeting.

      "This commitment goes beyond the Helms-Burton Act. The European Commission has a lot to say about this situation and Spain is leading a very strong and firm position of support for its companies," said Riera.

      The decision by the Trump administration to fully implement Title III was met with wide opposition from the European Union and Canada, whose companies have invested billions of dollars in Cuba.

      Brussels considers the move to be "contrary to international law" and said it would respond.

      U.S.-Cuban relations have plummeted since Donald Trump took office, partially after he decided to roll back the detente initiated by his predecessor Barack Obama. The two sides still maintain their diplomatic ties re-established in July 2015 under Obama.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001380398431
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产在线AⅤ精品性色| 99成人无码精品视频| 宣城市| 国产麻豆一精品一AV一免费软件| 无码精品a∨在线观看十八禁| 亚洲AV无码久久天堂| 99亚洲乱人伦aⅴ精品| 精品丝袜一区二区三区性色| 日韩AV有码无码一区二区三区| 91极品尤物国产在线播放| 国产成人精选在线观看不卡| 日本不卡一区二区高清中文| 朝阳县| 亚欧同人精品天堂| 亚洲AV无码资源在线观看| 国产无套流白浆视频免费| 国产亚洲欧洲三级片A级| 国产99久久无码精品| 国产欧美日韩另类精彩视频 | 青青草综合影院在线观看| 人妖在线网国产一二三四| 综合久久久久6亚洲综合| 国产精品普通话国语对白露脸| 午夜成人亚洲理论片在线观看| 久久青青草原国产精品最新片| 国产亚洲sss在线观看| 欧美日韓性视頻在線| 97色人阁俺也去人人人人人| 日本免费一区在线播放| 国产精品丝袜在线不卡| 久本草在线中文字幕亚洲| 久久精品亚洲专区| 一区二区三区av在线观看| 婷婷色国产精品视频一区| 九九热免费精品在线视频| 亚洲人成电影在线播放| 静安区| 无码视频一区=区| 国产高清精品自拍av| av一区二区三区免费不卡| 免费观看成人稀缺视频在线播放 |