亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Libyan capital witnesses mounting displacement amid deadly conflict

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-05-07 19:55:13|Editor: Xiaoxia
      Video PlayerClose

      LIBYA-TRIPOLI-CONFLICT-DISPLACED CHILDREN

      A displaced girl is seen in a school where hundreds of families are seeking refuge after fleeing their homes in Tripoli, Libya, on May 7, 2019. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday, a total of 432 people have been killed, 2,069 others injured and 50,000 displaced in the fighting between the UN-backed Libyan government and the east-based army in and around the capital Tripoli. (Xinhua/Amru Salahuddien)

      by Mahmoud Darwesh

      TRIPOLI, May 7 (Xinhua) -- Violent clashes have been going on for about a month between the east-based Libyan army and the UN-backed government in and around the capital Tripoli, as the army aims to take over the city.

      The conflict started in early April when the army commander Khalifa Haftar launched a military campaign to take over Tripoli, sparking a government counter campaign against the army's plans.

      The fighting between the rival parties has been concentrated in southern Tripoli, where many civilians were killed, injured and displaced.

      "This is the fiercest and geographically most significant combat axis. If it falls, it means the opening of an easy access for Haftar's forces into Tripoli. Therefore, we defend and repel any attacks from the enemy," Abdannaser Mehoub, a government field commander, told Xinhua.

      "We are stationed here and work to stop their progress. We have lost good fighters trying to fight those attempts to take our positions a few days ago, but we will not back down or allow them to enter Tripoli," Mehoub said.

      According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the fighting has so far killed 432, injured 2,069, and displaced more than 50,000 others.

      Libyan Prime Minister Fayez Serraj said on Thursday that there will be no cease-fire until the rival army forces "return to where they came from."

      However, Haftar ordered his army to continue the military action in Tripoli "until terrorism is eliminated."

      The UN Support Mission in Libya on Sunday called for an extendable one-week truce in Tripoli, in order to "allow the delivery of humanitarian aid to those in need and to ensure the freedom of movement for civilians during this truce."

      Munir al-Sukni, director of a charity, said continued forced displacement would cause many problems in Tripoli, especially during the holy month of Ramadan.

      "We provide food for the camp and assist the Red Crescent to provide services for the displaced. This mission is carried out throughout the day," al-Sukni told Xinhua.

      He pointed out that the number of displaced people is increasing daily, "which causes great pressure to absorb such a large number of people."

      Mohamed al-Mizoghi left home with his family in southern Tripoli, fleeing the fighting near their house.

      "We stayed for two weeks amid clashes. We couldn't even sleep at night. After that, the clashes started getting closer. We were then told to leave for our safety," al-Mizoghi told Xinhua.

      "This camp is not perfect, but it is still better for us in these difficult circumstances," he said, expressing hope for the conflict to end soon.

      Some schools in the city have been used to accommodate displaced people, as classes have been suspended because of the fighting.

      According to Othman Abduljalil, deputy head of the government's Crisis Management Committee, some 55,000 displaced persons have been registered so far.

      Abduljalil confirmed that 40 reception centers and 27 schools have been used to house the displaced, adding the committee is ready to receive 11,000 more people.

      Libya has been suffering escalating violence and political division ever since the fall of the late leader Muammar Gaddafi's regime in 2011.

         1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next   >>|

      KEY WORDS:
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001380406941
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中国女人a毛片免费全部播放| 日韩人妻精品一区二区在线推荐 | 一区二区三区精品不卡| 国产一区二区精品av| 开心五月婷婷激情在线| 国产偷闻隔壁人妻内裤av| 久久婷婷人人澡人爽人人喊| 久久精品av一区二区三| 黄色a一级视频| 国产精品天干天干在线观蜜臀| 亚洲AV一二三四区四色婷婷| 偷拍激情视频一区二区三区 | 国产成人精品午夜二三区| 99久久er热在这里只有精品99| 国产在线不卡视频| 久久er这里都是精品23| 日韩精品欧美激情亚洲综合| 久久久久久亚洲AV无码专区高潮| 久久精品无码一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲日韩乱码一区二区三区四区| 啪啪av一区二区三区| 国产在线视频h| 色综合久久中文综合久久激情| 产国语一级特黄aa大片| 日本一区二区三区专线| 好男人在在线社区www在线影院| 亚洲av毛片成人精品| 中文字幕亚洲乱亚洲乱妇| 国产日韩av毛片在线| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区| 日本精品久久久久中文字幕1| 亚洲国产综合精品久久av| 少妇乳大丰满在线播放| 精品激情视频一区二区三区| 久久久久一| 国产成人av综合亚洲色欲| 国产成人深夜午夜福利| 九九久久亚洲精品美国国内| www久久久888| 午夜一区二区三区在线视频 | 无码国产精品一区二区VR老人|