亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Mnuchin, Lighthizer reportedly oppose Trump's tariffs on Mexico

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-06-01 04:10:42|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      WASHINGTON, May 31 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer opposed President Donald Trump's plan to impose additional tariffs on Mexican goods, U.S. media reported Friday.

      The surprise decision, which was not supported by the two senior officials, was spearheaded by the president's senior adviser Stephen Miller, known for his hardline immigration stance, the CNBC reported, citing a source close to the White House.

      Trump said on Thursday he would impose a 5-percent tariff on all imported Mexican goods beginning June 10 so as to pressure the country to halt undocumented migrants crossing the border, and will gradually increase tariffs until the problem is remedied, a move that worries many.

      Lighthizer argued that the announced tariffs on Mexico could jeopardize the ratification of the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), a proposed replacement for the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that is already facing a bumpy road in the Democrat-controlled House, The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) cited people familiar with the situation as saying.

      "Lighthizer is not happy," an administration official told the WSJ.

      "Imposing tariffs on goods from Mexico is exactly the wrong move. These tariffs will be paid by American families and businesses without doing a thing to solve the very real problems at the border," said Neil Bradley, executive vice president and chief policy officer of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

      "Instead, Congress and the president need to work together to address the serious problems at the border," Bradley said in a statement Thursday following the president's announcement.

      Republican senator Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, also blasted the president's decision. "Trade policy and border security are separate issues. This is a misuse of presidential tariff authority and counter to congressional intent," Grassley said.

      "Following through on this threat would seriously jeopardize passage of USMCA, a central campaign pledge of President Trump's and what could be a big victory for the country," he said.

      Earlier on Thursday, the White House sent a draft of "Statement of Administrative Action" to Congress, clearing the way for the administration to submit an enforcement bill to Congress after 30 days, which in turn starts a 90-day clock for an up-or-down vote on the trade deal.

      If the tariff comes to pass, Mexico "should respond in a forceful way," said Jesus Seade, the trade negotiator for Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, on Thursday.

      Despite wide-ranging objections, President Trump continued to defend his plan. "Mexico makes a fortune from the U.S., have for decades, they can easily fix this problem. Time for them to finally do what must be done!" the president said in a tweet Friday.

      "The Tariff is about stopping drugs as well as illegals!" he said in another tweet.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091381070501
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久国产精品久久精品国产四虎| 少妇性XXXXXXXXX色| 久久高潮少妇视频免费| 国产一区免费在线观看| 国产精品一区二区久久hs| 国产精品线在线精品国语| 精品视频在线观看免费观看| 国产精品久久国产精麻豆99网站| 精品亚洲国产成人性色av| 一区二区三区国产偷拍| 中国少妇久久一区二区| 临邑县| 亚洲AV无码国产精品久久l | 四虎成人精品永久免费av| 女人扒开的小泬高潮喷小| 97久久成人国产精品免费| 亚洲经典一区二区三区四区| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 国产叼嘿视频一区二区三区| 人妻网站成熟人妻VA网站| 免费毛片a线观看| 日本免费一区二区三区国产视频| 兴隆县| 中文字幕乱码人妻无码久久久1 | 国产精品自拍首页在线观看| 人妻丰满av无码中文字幕| 免费大学生国产在线观看p| 小辣椒福利视频导航| 天堂а√在线中文在线最新版| 国产青青草自拍视频在线播放 | 野花日本电影免费观看完整| 性虎精品无码AV导航| 国产亚洲一区二区三区夜夜骚| 久久亚洲伊人| 亚洲熟妇av乱码在线观看| chⅰnⅰe老妇高潮| 乱淫av一区二区三区| 湘乡市| 国产精品久久1024| 欧美亚洲精品一区二区在线观看| 四虎永久在线精品国产免费|