亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Feature: U.S. resort city grieves after devastating mass shooting

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-06-02 16:11:12|Editor: xuxin
      Video PlayerClose

      VIRGINIA BEACH, United States, June 1 (Xinhua) -- On Saturday morning, a local resident laid a bunch of white flowers under a tree on the pavement connecting Building No. 2 of the Virginia Beach Municipal Center. He wanted to express condolences.

      "It could have been me. I could have been here. It could have been some of my loved ones," the resident, who did not want to give his name, told Xinhua.

      Virginia Beach, a resort city in the southeastern U.S. state of Virginia, was plunged into grief on Saturday after 12 people were killed and four others were injured by a gunman who opened fire "indiscriminately" in a municipal building a day earlier.

      The shooter was identified by police as 40-year-old DeWayne Craddock, once a city engineer at the city's public utility department for the past 15 years. He was employed at the time of the mass shooting and "authorized to enter the building," said City Manager Dave Hansen. U.S. media described the shooter as a "disgruntled employee."

      Craddock died after a "long gunbattle" with four police officers and after roaming three floors and shooting at terrified people. He was said to have used two .45 caliber pistols equipped with a "sound suppressor" device and extended ammunition magazines.

      Those guns were purchased legally, said investigators, adding that they have recovered more weapons from the gunman's house.

      Virginia Beach police chief Jim Cervera declined to comment on any possible motive. "Right now, we have a lot of questions. The whys, they will come later. Right now, we have more questions than we have answers," Cervera said.

      Vigils commemorating the victims were held in Virginia Beach throughout Saturday. "We are a heartbroken city," said Julie Hill, communications director for the city. "We lost 12 people who did nothing more than go to work."

      U.S. President Donald Trump has ordered U.S. flags to be flown at half-staff in memory of the victims. He was ordering the action as a "mark of solemn respect for the victims of the terrible act of violence," according to the White House on Saturday.

      "This is the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach," Mayor Bobby Dyer said Friday.

      The Virginia Beach shooting was the worst mass shooting in the United States since November 2018 when a dozen people were killed at a California bar.

      The Gun Violence Archive, a Washington-based not-for-profit corporation, has documented more than 150 mass shootings so far this year in the United States. Some 5,866 people were killed and 11,222 injured by gun-related incidents within the nation since Jan. 1, it said.

      Eleven of the 12 victims killed in Friday's shooting were employees of the city. The other was a contractor seeking a permit.

      "I have worked with most of them for many years," Hansen said. "They leave a void that we will never be able to fill."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001381108931
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码一级视频在线| 无码一区二区三区网站| 亚洲人午夜射精精品视频| 鲁丝无码一区二区三区| 2022国产男人亚洲欧美天堂| 丝袜系列在线视频国产| 中文字幕第一页亚洲观看| 四虎国产精品成人影院| 性大毛片视频| 久久男人资源站| 国产chinese在线视频| 国产精品原创永久在线观看| 蜜臀av亚洲一区二区| 久久久久欧洲AV成人无码国产| 亚洲AV永久无码精品表情包| 亚洲综合网站精品一区二区| 2022国产精品福利在线观看| 精品国产乱码久久久久久| 国产亚洲精精久久伊人| 精品国产爱在线观看| 国产精品无码专区综合网| 精品成人免费国产片| 伦精品一区二区三区视频| 麻豆一区二区三区香蕉视频| 亚洲国产国语对白在线字幕 | 成年大片免费视频观看| 在线观看亚洲AV日韩A∨| av天堂午夜精品一区| 九九日本黄色精品视频| 亚洲日本国产乱码va在线观看| 国产精品99久久免费观看| 无码伊人久久大蕉中文无码| japanese人妻中文字幕| 日韩熟女乱综合一区二区| 日韩一区二区一卡二卡av| 国产一区二区三区高清视频| 国产欧美亚洲精品第二区首页| 二区三区亚洲精品国产| 亚洲永久无码7777kkk| 精品人妻丰满久久久a| 日本国产在线一区二区|