亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Badminton legend Lee Chong Wei announces retirement, ending 19-year career

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-06-13 19:47:01|Editor: Xiaoxia
      Video PlayerClose

      (SP)MALAYSIA-PUTRAJAYA-BADMINTON-LEE CHONG WEI-RETIREMENT

      Malaysia's badminton player Lee Chong Wei (R) reacts during a news conference to announce his retirement in Putrajaya, Malaysia, June 13, 2019. (Xinhua/Chong Voon Chung)

      PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia, June 13 (Xinhua) -- Malaysian badminton legend Lee Chong Wei announced his retirement from badminton citing health reasons on Thursday, ending a near 20-year professional career since making his professional debut in 2000.

      Speaking at a press conference at the Youth and Sports Ministry here, Lee said the decision was a difficult one which he had struggled with, but ultimately he and his family had decided that retirement was the best course of action following nose cancer last year.

      "Today everyone knows more or less my intention for calling this press conference. I would like to announce that I'm retiring from the sport after 19 years," he said.

      The "tough decision" was made following the doctors suggested he take more rest instead of stepping up training to return to competitions, he explained.

      The 36-year old choked multiple times as he spoke and had to pause to control his emotion at one point.

      He thanked all Malaysians for their support, specifically naming the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), his coaches and the government for making the effort to continuously support him through the ups and downs of his career and through his illness.

      "I want to thank the Malaysian's who always supported me as I competed for the country. It was not easy for me to wear the national sports uniform, the flag to many places for tournaments. I am proud to have done my best for my country," he said.

      Asked if he would consider coaching for the national team, Lee said he would prioritize his recovery before discussing it with BAM but added: "If Malaysia needs my help, 100 percent I will help."

      Lee was first diagnosed with early stage nose cancer last year but returned to training later as he tried to make it to the Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020. But after consulting his doctor, family members and the ministry, he decided to announce his retirement, being unable to perform in high intensity training.

      Despite the fact he never won Malaysia's first Olympic gold or a world championship title, the three-time Olympic silver medalist has left the game as a giant, having held the World No. 1 spot for six consecutive years, amassing a total of 705 wins and 69 titles over his 19-year career.

      Lee's epic competition with Lin Dan of China has become legend of the sport, with 40 matches throughout the career including three at the Olympics.

      "Like Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer in tennis who are always competing, we have Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei in badminton," he said. "If there's no Lin Dan, there will not be the Lee Chong Wei today," he told Xinhua.

      Lee spoke highly for his nemesis and wish the 35-year-old Lin all the best in the quest for the Tokyo Olympic Games. "We may no longer be opponents, but we are still good friends. I am looking forward seeing him play at the Tokyo Olympics," he said.

      KEY WORDS:
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001381407251
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品午夜精品国产| 免费中文字幕一级毛片| 欧美激情第一区| 无码写真精品永久福利在线| 日本一区二区三区中文字幕视频 | 91亚洲欧洲日产国码精品| 蜜桃视频中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕乱码免费播放| 456亚洲人成在线播放网站| 色成年激情久久综合| 好姑娘免费中文在线观看| 国产成本人视频在线观看| 亚洲av成色精品久久私人影院| 女性自慰网站免费看ww| 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播| 亚洲男人天堂2018| 亚洲国产免费av网站| 东丽区| 国产一区二区a毛片色欲| 国产目拍亚洲精品二区| AV狠狠色超碰丁香婷婷综合久久| 国产一区二区三区白浆在线观看| 最新亚洲av日韩av二区一区| 国产在线视频国产永久视频| 国产精品中文字幕久久| 91高清国产视频| 日本午夜理伦三级好看| 偷拍av一区二区三区| 国产精品天干天干综合网| 最近韩国电影片在线观看免费高清| 国产一区二区内射最近人| 石门县| 精品一区二区三区在线观看l| 国产人成亚洲第一网站在线播放 | 蜜桃视频在线观看免费网址 | 亚洲自拍系列在线观看| 无码久久精品蜜桃| 久久精品人人槡人妻人人玩| 日韩精品一区二区三区四区视频| 塔城市| 亚洲国产高清美女在线观看|