亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      America's gateway for trans-Pacific trade impacted by China-U.S. trade disputes

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-06-22 12:38:00|Editor: Yang Yi
      Video PlayerClose

      by Huang Heng

      LOS ANGELES, June 21 (Xinhua) -- The uncertainty of China-U.S. trade disputes, which could be prolonged if the White House imposed new tariffs on goods imported from China as threatened, will hit hard the California twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, America's gateway for trans-Pacific trade.

      These two ports handle about 40 percent of U.S. containerized imports and 30 percent of U.S. containerized exports, said the Port of Los Angeles in a comments letter to the United States Trade Representative (USTR), who is holding a series of public hearing for the proposed tariffs this week.

      The letter stressed that this cargo generates over 310 billion U.S. dollars annually, supports roughly 3 million jobs across the country, and reaches 435 Congressional districts.

      Since the twin San Pedro Bay ports account for nearly half of all seaborne trade between the United States and China, they said, the imposed and proposed tariffs against China, a typical one-sided tool for Washington to serve its own interests in dealing with trade disputes with other economies, had hit their business directly.

      "China is our largest partner, accounting for 68 percent of containerized imports and 28 percent of containerized exports. So a prolonged trade dispute with our largest trading partner would affect cargo throughput," Mario Cordero, executive director of the Port of Long Beach, told Xinhua in an email interview Wednesday.

      According to the latest monthly cargo data issued last week, the two ports reported that their overall volume in May was down 6.6 percent year on year, among which exports were down significantly for the seventh month in a row and the Long Beach Port's imports container volume slumped 19.5 percent from a record high in the same month last year.

      The Port of Los Angeles handled 828,662 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) in May, the busiest May in the port's 112-year history. Previously, the strongest May volume at the port occurred in 2017 with 796,217 TEUs.

      For the first five months of 2019, its volume increased 5.2 percent year on year. Meanwhile, imports increased 5.5 percent to 427,789 TEUs in May year on year, and exports decreased 0.8 percent to 167,357 TEUs, with empty containers increasing 20 percent to 233,515 TEUs.

      Its container exports to China dropped by 27.4 percent in January-April compared with the same period of last year, the Port of Los Angeles disclosed, adding while trade volumes with the rest of the world increased 15.1 percent during this period, these gains were eclipsed by the loss of exports to China.

      The Port of Long Beach handled a total of 573,623 TEUs in May, 16.6 percent down from a year ago. Imports decreased 19.5 percent to 290,568 TEUs, exports declined 15.3 percent to 120,577 TEUs, while empty containers sent overseas dipped 11.7 percent to 162,479 TEUs.

      Cordero explained that a variety of factors are combining to impact international trade and the ports' cargo moving number and escalating tariffs since last year had pushed retailers to order goods early but the demands were declined due to the warehouses being full.

      "In the months leading up to the latest tariff increase on May 10, we saw importers rushing to order goods early as a way to keep costs down. As a result, warehouses quickly filled up with inventory as ocean carriers managed their vessels to deal with the reduced demand we're seeing now," he said.

      The Los Angeles area boasts the most warehouse space in the United States. But the vacancy rate at the end of May was just 1 percent, according to a business insider.

      Even though the two neighboring ports faced a different situation last month, they both are closely watching the U.S.-China trade spat and waning that more tariffs would damage local and country's economy.

      Last month, the Trump administration raised tariffs on 200 billion dollars worth of goods, including furniture and automotive parts, to 25 percent. China responded with tariffs on U.S. goods worth 60 billion dollars. The U.S. administration furthermore threatened to impose tariffs on the rest of Chinese imports, about 300 billion dollars worth of goods.

      "The Port of Long Beach is a major economic engine for the city, region and country. For example, 575,000 jobs in Southern California are connected to the Port of Long Beach. A prolonged trade dispute could impact those jobs." Cordero told Xinhua.

      "On the import side, our most recent analysis estimates the current and proposed tariffs directed at China will impact roughly 66 percent of all imports by value and 64 percent by both tonnage and container volume at the San Pedro Bay. That's 130 billion U.S. dollars worth of U.S. imports from China exposed to higher costs." the Port of Los Angeles said in its letter to USTR.

      "On the export side, approximately 50 percent of U.S. exports by value, 81 percent by tonnage, and 78 percent by container volume will be subjected to retaliatory tariffs by China," the letter read.

      The Port of Los Angeles listed higher consumer prices, lower profitability for American firms, uncertainty in the maritime supply chain, and the potential shifting of trade routes to the detriment of the Port and the Los Angeles trade gateway as the most worrisome impacts of the trade war between the two largest economies of the world.

      "Global trade tariffs have created uncertainty. The global supply chain does not do well with uncertainty," said Port of Los Angeles spokesman Phillip Sanfield.

      The clouds hovering over the supply chain are particularly threatening to U.S. manufacturing firms that rely upon unfinished Chinese goods to make their products. Roughly 50 percent of Chinese imports fit into this category, business insiders said.

      "We remain hopeful that the United States and China can quickly resolve their differences and come to an agreement for the good of both nations," Cordero said.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001381641381
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精彩视频一区二区| 农村妇女野外一区二区视频| av网站影片在线观看| 青春草在线观看播放网站| 国产片三级视频播放| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合第一区| 又大又黄又粗高潮免费| 天堂av在线一区二区| 色爱综合亚洲av综合| 91免费国产高清在线| 亚欧美少妇影院| 在线视频免费观看| 成人av中字手机在线播放| 亚洲 成人 无码 在线观看| 国产色无码精品视频免费| 8848高清电视| 日韩在线精品视频观看| 日本a级大片免费观看| 中文字幕无码人妻丝袜| 男女18禁啪啪无遮挡激烈网站 | 国产swag在线观看| 国产成人精品久久亚洲高清| 久久人成免费网站小草| 国产一区二区三区免费精品| 91高潮视频| 无码国内精品人妻少妇| 上饶县| 最新国产成人综合在线观看| 亚洲国产天堂久久综合226114| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放 | 精品无码一区二区的天堂| 亚洲国产一区久久yourpan| 免费人妻精品一区二区| 无码久久精品蜜桃| 久久精品国产91久久性色tv| 一本久道久久综合狠狠操 | 在线播放91| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 中文字幕av久久激情亚洲精品| 综合无码综合网站| 久久人人爽人人爽人人av|