亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      New York City hit by major power outage, electricity restored in parts before midnight

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-07-14 13:12:29|Editor: Li Xia
      Video PlayerClose

      NEW YORK, July 13 (Xinhua) -- A massive power outage hit New York City's Manhattan borough on Saturday evening and affected more than 40,000 people.

      People started reporting restaurants, billboards, and streetlights going dark at around 7 p.m. (2300 GMT) local time.

      New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Twitter that NYC Emergency Management worked with the police and fire departments and other city agencies to respond to the power outage. According to the New York City Fire Department, a transformer fire at West 64th Street and West End Avenue caused the blackout.

      By 8:30 p.m. (0030 GMT on Sunday), more than 44,000 people have been affected by the outage, according to power service company Con Edison.

      The impacted area stretched from 40th Street in the south to 72nd Street in the north, and from Fifth Avenue to the Hudson River. Con Edison restored electricity to most of its customers on Manhattan's Upper West Side just before midnight as its officials had said.

      The outage darkened Empire State Building and part of the Manhattan skyline. Some of Times Square's billboards, the Rockefeller Center, the Radio City Music Hall, the Lincoln Center and other famous local landmarks were all without power and left in darkness.

      Traffic in Manhattan had been disrupted, with buses recommended as the transportation method.

      The U.S. biggest city's subway system had been affected to a great extent as four stations were closed to public.

      Signals on the Sixth Avenue and Eighth Avenue were affected, thus disrupting services of D, F, M, A, C, E lines, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) tweeted, adding that there was only limited service on the numbered lines.

      "Our entire system is affected by the Con Edison outage. In Manhattan, the bus is your best bet," MTA said.

      The New York Police Department on Twitter advised vehicles to avoid areas from west 42 Street to west 74 Street and from Fifth Avenue to 12th Avenue. Only MTA buses were permitted in the area.

      Activities of local residents and tourists were interrupted.

      Several Broadway and off-Broadway shows said they cancelled performances in the evening, including the well-known Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked, Waitress, and Mean Girls. The blackout also forced audience out of theaters to the street on the hot summer night.

      Jeffrey Windsor was on the stage in Carnegie Hall when the power outage happened. He was supposed to sing with Millennial Choirs & Orchestras at 8:30 p.m. at Stern Auditorium.

      At first Windsor and his fellow performers thought it was a temporary outage and power could be restored very quickly. They went outside the building, performed a little bit in the street while waiting for further information.

      "This one today was a little heartbreaking but it was also great, just because we did perform outside and a crowd of people came. New York has just been amazing for us," said Windsor.

      The city's fire department was said to have responded to numerous calls about stuck elevators and power outages.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001382254131
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 青青草久热这里只有精品| 女优av福利在线观看| 草莓视频在线观看无码免费| av亚洲在线一区二区| 狠狠亚洲婷婷综合久久久| 亚洲综合一区二区三区| 免费无遮挡无码永久在线观看视频| 日韩毛片久久91| 国产精品国产三级国产无毒| 亚洲欧美变态另类综合| 国产精品久人妻精品| 狠狠色婷婷久久一区二区三区| 午夜日韩视频在线观看| 国产一区二区三区在线免费播放 | 国产熟女丰满老熟女熟妇| 国产精品成人免费久久黄| 99久久这里只精品国产免费| 好男人社区资源| 色偷偷av亚洲男人的天堂| 92精品国产自产在线观看48页| 熟女人妻中文字幕一区| 小泽玛利亚一区二区在线观看| 国产精品小粉嫩在线观看| 久99久精品免费视频热77| 鹿邑县| 亚洲国产综合专区在线电影| 国产不卡久久精品影院| 欧美一级高清视频在线播放| 威宁| 欧美日本国产亚洲网站免费一区二区 | 日本久久精品免费播放| 亚洲日韩欧美自拍他拍| 中文字幕人成无码人妻综合社区 | 成人自拍偷拍在线观看| 亚洲国产精品日韩专区av| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合在线观看视频 | 成人亚洲精品久久久久| 在线视频青青草猎艳自拍69| 亚洲一区二区三在线播放| 熟女人妻水多爽中文字幕 | 杨幂Av一区二区三区|