亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Almost 600 children have died since DRC Ebola outbreak: UNICEF

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-08-31 04:43:54|Editor: yan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- Since the Ebola epidemic outbreak in the northeast of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) a year ago, almost 600 of around 850 children who have caught the virus have died, the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) said Friday.

      "The news that the total number of deaths has now passed 2,000, out of more than 3,000 cases, should act as a rallying cry for us all to step up our efforts to defeat this terrible disease and end this outbreak," UNICEF said in a statement.

      The agency noted recent breakthroughs in finding successful treatments, highlighting that "for the first time, we now have the means to both prevent and treat Ebola."

      Medical advances, however, "mean little" if infection goes undetected, or "if individuals are too scared to seek treatment," it added.

      The current Ebola epidemic, categorized by the World Health Organization as International Public Health Emergency in July, has affected more children than in any other previous outbreak, and the virus "ravages children in ways that are very different from adults," UNICEF pointed out.

      Therefore, treatments for young persons are specialized. UNICEF is working with partners to meet children's immediate and long-term needs, accompanying them and their families every step of the way, the agency said.

      These efforts include risk communication and engagement, infection prevention and control, psychosocial support, deployment of child nutritionists and building protective school environment, according to UN News.

      Of the 126 million U.S. dollars to meet the needs of children and communities, UNICEF has so far funded 31 percent of its appeal. "The reality is that we need far more international support now."

      UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will travel to impacted areas in the DRC on Saturday in an expression of solidarity with victims and families fighting the epidemic, his press office has announced.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105521383522251
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 92精品国产自产在线观看48页| 女人国产香蕉久久精品| 无码人妻一区二区三区四区av | 成人免费无码a毛片| 亚洲一区二区在线免费观看视频| 蜜桃网站在线免费观看视频| 男女高潮免费观看无遮挡| 亚洲成人免费在线| 日本少妇高潮喷水XXXXXXX| 日韩女优一区二区视频| 午夜视频免费观看一区二区| 丰满岳乱妇在线观看中字| 国内a级一片免费av| 国产一区二区三区不卡在线观看| 日韩国产av一区二区三区精品| 久久久久国产综合av天堂| 精品一卡2卡3卡4卡新区在线| 91精品国产91热久久p| 99精品国产在热久久婷婷人| 中文人妻av大区中文不卡| 伊人色综合网久久天天| 啦啦啦在线观看播放视频www| 欧美巨大xxxx做受中文字幕 | 国产成本人片免费a∨短片| 日本特黄a级高清免费大片| 视频精品熟女一区二区三区| 欧美激情xxxx性bbbb| chⅰnⅰe老妇高潮| 啪啪视频免费看一区二区| 国产一区二区丰满熟女人妻| 2021国产成人精品国产| 国产亚洲精品aa片在线爽 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩 国产 丝袜| 337p日本大胆欧久久| 久久精品国产亚洲av大全相关| 亚洲一区二区在线观看网站| 亚洲色www无码| 国产精品中文字幕综合| 亚洲一区二区在线免费观看视频| 一区二区三区四区亚洲天堂| 亚洲另在线日韩综合色|