亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN humanitarian chief warns against economic woes in Yemen

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-09-17 04:21:06|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 16 (Xinhua) -- UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lowcock on Monday warned that Yemen's struggling economy will exacerbate the country's humanitarian situation.

      "This is an issue that requires more attention," Lowcock told the Security Council in a briefing, highlighting the depreciation of the Yemeni currency.

      "Recent indicators are alarming. The exchange rate is once more depreciating and is now hovering at just over 600 Yemeni rial to the dollar, compared ... to 215 rial to the dollar before the crisis," he said. "We have not seen the rate cross the 600-rial threshold since last year, when uncontrolled depreciation seized the country and prompted major hikes in food prices."

      As Yemen imports nearly everything, higher exchange rates mean millions more people are unable to afford food and other essential goods. Last year, the collapse of the currency was a primary driver in pushing Yemen to the brink of widespread famine, said Lowcock.

      He called for injections of foreign exchange to help stabilize the exchange rate. "We need a predictable, regular program for these injections, which I hope Yemen's partners will provide."

      Lowcock deplored the lack of humanitarian access in Yemen. "The operating environment for aid agencies has perhaps never been worse than it is right now," he said.

      In June and July, humanitarian agencies reported 300 incidents that hindered humanitarian assistance, affecting 4.9 million people. Almost 90 percent of incidents were due to bureaucratic impediments and other kinds of interference, particularly on the part of Houthi rebels.

      Restrictions imposed by Houthi rebel authorities include obstacles to beneficiary registration, attempts to divert aid, and efforts to control the selection of implementing partners. Humanitarian workers have been detained at checkpoints and, in several cases, arbitrarily arrested. Staff also face intimidation and harassment at Sanaa airport, said Lowcock.

      Houthi rebel authorities are now seeking to introduce new regulations for international nongovernmental organizations that would undermine humanitarian principles, he said.

      In the south, recent clashes between the government and forces affiliated with the Southern Transitional Council undermined humanitarian efforts, said Lowcock.

      Although humanitarian workers strive to keep operations on track, the volatility, if it is not addressed, will continue to present a serious potential threat to aid operations in the south, he warned.

      As good news, Lowcock reported that he had just received confirmation from Saudi Arabia that the country plans to transfer half a billion dollars in a single payment on Sept. 25 to his office in discharge of a Saudi pledge made for the Yemen humanitarian response plan. The United Arab Emirates has also just allocated 200 million dollars to the response plan.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091383966371
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 视频观看一区二区在线| 亚洲国产精品久久婷婷老年| 精品一区二区三区人妻久久| 人妻无码中文专区久久AV| av天堂最新版在线| 国产欧美国日产高清| 综合图区亚洲另类偷窥| 国产一区二区三区成视频| 日日爽日日操| 亚洲成网777777国产精品 | 欧美日韩一二三区高在线| 大渡口区| 久久亚洲av成人无码软件| 亚洲成av人片无码不卡| 夜色资源站www国产在线观看| 国产在线拍偷自拍偷精品| 日韩女优中文字幕在线| 国产jjizz女人多水喷水| 久久综合色一综合色88| 日本视频一区二区三区免费观看| 思茅市| 中文字幕一区二区彩花| 黄色录像成人播放免费99网| 国产成人午夜福利在线小电影| 2021国产乱人伦在线播放| 亚洲国产日韩在线精品频道| 中文字幕在线观看国产双飞高清| 天天摸天天操免费播放小视频| 色视频国产| 亚洲欧美香港在线观看三级片| 无码熟妇人妻AV影音先锋| 制服丝袜天堂| 暴力强奷在线播放无码| 国产免费人成视频在线观看播放| 久久久久亚洲精品美女| 日本免费一级视频| 99久久精品费精品国产一区二区 | 狼色在线精品影视免费播放| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 野花社区在线视频| 亚洲中文字幕久久精品无码喷水|