亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Tourists flock to Australia's sacred aboriginal site before climbing ban, officials urge respect for traditional culture

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-10-25 11:23:57|Editor: ZX
      Video PlayerClose

      CANBERRA, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- Local and overseas tourists have this week flocked to Uluru, the sacred Aboriginal site in the middle of Australia, before a climbing ban comes into effect on Saturday.

      Rangers reported that tourist numbers had skyrocketed in the past month, as visitors from interstate and overseas take advantage of their one last chance to climb the rock, while officials have called for respect for traditional culture.

      The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) reported there were an extra 10,000 visitors to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park per month in the past six months leading up to Saturday's closure.

      However, on Friday morning, strong winds meant rangers had to close Uluru, disappointing the queues of tourists who had gathered before daybreak to make their final climb.

      So far, rangers at Uluru have decided to re-open the climb and almost 100 people have already begun climbing. It will be closed permanently at 4.00 p.m. Friday afternoon.

      Uluru is considered to be a place of spiritual significance by its indigenous custodians, the Anangu people, who have pleaded with tourists not to climb it for many years.

      But they haven't enforced an outright ban. That will finally happen Saturday when no one will be allowed to make the steep ascent to the top of the monolith.

      Uluru custodian Leroy Lester told the ABC there were several reasons why Anangu wanted the climb closed.

      "Mainly because it's a sacred site and mainly because for safety reasons, pollution on top, no toilets up there and E. coli killing all the organisms, all the frogs and everything," he said. "And it's very, very dangerous."

      Thirty-seven people have died in Uluru's history while trying to make the climb.

      Lester said the large number of people travelling to climb the rock in the face of objections by traditional owners represented a clash of cultures in Australia.

      Indigenous Affairs Minister Ken Wyatt said he had been disappointed by the large numbers of people rushing to climb Uluru before it closes.

      "I understand there are people that want to put it on their bucket list," he said. "It would be equivalent to having a rush of people wanting to climb over the Australian War Memorial.

      "Our sacred objects, community by community, are absolutely important in the story and the history of that nation of people."

      Wyatt said people who have climbed Uluru in the past should reflect on how they've disrespected traditional owners.

      "I wouldn't want to curse anybody nor leave them with negative elements of life," he said. "But reflect back what you've done and reflect back on the fact you've disrespected a community of traditional owners who have always wanted the right to have a say about what is sacred to them."

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001385017621
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 97成人碰碰久久人人超级碰oo| 宁城县| 激情文学人妻中文字幕| 最新国产美女一区二区三区| 蜜臀久久精品亚洲一区| 精品偷拍一区二区三区| 精品一区二区中文字幕| 白白色永久免费视频播放| 久久精品成人亚洲另类欧美| 2021国产乱人伦在线播放| 99热这里只有免费国产精品| 色婷婷久久一区二区三区| 国产女主播免费在线观看| 国产成人自拍小视频在线| 狠狠色成人综合首页| 国产香蕉国产精品偷在线观看| 凤翔县| 亚洲 暴爽 AV人人爽日日碰| 午夜天堂一区人妻| 亚洲精品国偷自产在线99正片 | 仙踪林果冻传媒一区二区| 国产av剧情md精品磨豆| 亚洲av在线播放观看| 台湾佬中文偷拍亚洲综合| 四虎国产精品永久入口| 国产在线视欧美亚综合| 国产91在线|亚洲| 久久久一本精品99久久| 国产精品一区二区小视频| 一级少妇无遮掩内射免费| 青青草免费在线播放视频五月天| 东京热男人的av天堂| 无码精品毛片波多野结衣| 亚洲国产精品日韩AV专区| 婷婷色亚洲五月在线国产精品麻豆 | 亚洲七久久之综合七久久| 91熟女乱色一区二区三区| 亚洲精品白浆高清久久| 337p日本欧洲亚洲大胆| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码| 无码高清视频在线播放十区|