亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Death toll in protests against India's controversial citizenship law rises to 22

      Source: Xinhua| 2019-12-21 22:30:58|Editor: ZX
      Video PlayerClose
      INDIA-KOLKATA-PROTESTS-NEW CITIZENSHIP LAW?

      Protesters participate in a mass protest against the controversial new citizenship law in Kolkata, India, Dec. 21, 2019. The death toll in violent protests against the controversial new citizenship law in India rose to 22 on Saturday, officials said. (Xinhua/Tumpa Mondal)

      NEW DELHI, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- The death toll in violent protests against the controversial new citizenship law in India rose to 22 on Saturday, officials said.

      A 25-year-old man was killed during clashes with police in Rampur district of the northern Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, taking the death toll to 15 in the state. The dead include an eight-year-old boy who was trampled in a stampede after police charged the crowd with batons.

      "So far 15 people have got killed in violence since Thursday in the state," a senior police official Shirish Chandra told Xinhua. "One got killed today in Rampur, 13 were killed in yesterday's violence in different districts and one person was killed on Thursday in Lucknow."

      Massive protests rocked the state since Thursday against the new citizenship law that protesters say was discriminatory toward Muslims.

      According to Uttar Pradesh Police Chief O P Singh, none of the deaths in the state took place due to police firing.

      Locals said clashes broke out when police tried to stop people from taking protest rallies against the law. Police fired tear smoke shells and charged protesters with batons, who responded by throwing stones at the police.

      Authorities have imposed prohibitory orders across the state and suspended mobile internet services at around a dozen districts.

      On Thursday two people were killed in Manguluru of the southern state of Karnataka.

      Last week five people were killed during similar clashes in Guwhati of the northeastern state of Assam.

      Protests against the law was triggered on Dec. 11, the day India's upper house of parliament passed the controversial citizenship law.

      Since then there has been no let-up in the protests.

      On Saturday thousands of people again took to roads against the law. Reports said massive protests were underway in New Delhi, Guwahati, and several cities of Bihar, West Bengal, Chennai and Kerala.

      The law aims at granting citizenship to illegal immigrants belonging to six religions -- Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, Parsi and Christianity -- from Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Pakistan. However, it has kept out Muslim immigrants from applying for citizenship.

      Opposition parties and civil society members in India criticize the law as contrary to secular principles enshrined in India's constitution as it excludes Muslims.

         1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next  

      KEY WORDS:
      YOU MAY LIKE
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001386488771
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久久亚洲AV无码专| 日韩Va亚洲va欧美Ⅴa久久| 97国产精品麻豆性色| 亚洲无码vr| 国产高潮流白浆免费观看不卡| 乌拉特后旗| 亚洲国产不卡av一区二区三区| 国产一区二区黑丝美女| 国产免费久久精品99re丫y| 淳化县| 毛片av在线播放亚洲av网站| 日本精品一区二区在线看| 国产成人精品免费久久久久| 亚洲精品国产不卡在线观看| 色国产视频| 99久久国产综合精品女同| 中文字幕亚洲精品人妻| 国产精品视频不卡一区二区| 亚日韩精品一区二区三区| 精品国产欧美一区二区| 亚洲综合精品在线观看中文字幕| 国产内射视频在线播放| 一区在线播放| 蜜臀久久人妻一区二区| 免费jjzz在线播放国产| 综合成人亚洲网友偷自拍| 日本伦理在线一区二区| 日本道综合一本久久久88 | 国产日韩欧美黄色片免费观看 | 久久成人黄色免费网站| 日本一区二区三区四区看片| 国产优质女主播在线观看| 亚洲国产成人AⅤ片在线观看| 好爽毛片一区二区三区四| 影音先锋每日av色资源站 | 中文成人无字幕乱码精品| 8av国产精品爽爽ⅴa在线观看| 欧洲一级无码AV毛片免费| 人人澡人人妻人人爽人人蜜桃麻豆| 人人妻人人澡人人爽超污| 高清国产欧美一v精品|