亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Trump administration remains tough against Iran amid lawmakers' criticism

      Source: Xinhua| 2020-01-06 12:54:27|Editor: huaxia
      Video PlayerClose

      U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to the media at the White House in Washington D.C., the United States, July 18, 2019. (Xinhua/Ting Shen)

      "Our intelligence made it very clear that the risk was much greater if we did nothing than if we took the action that we took last week," said Pompeo in an interview with Fox's "Sunday Morning Futures."

      The U.S. is "preparing for all kinds of various responses" from Iran, he added.

      WASHINGTON, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- The administration of U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday continued its bid to deter Iran from retaliatory strikes with tough threats while U.S. lawmakers blamed Trump for leading the country into a less safe territory.

      Trump on Sunday warned of a "disproportionate" response to Iran if it chooses to strike any U.S. citizen or asset.

      "These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner," he said in a tweet.

      Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaks after casting vote in the presidential election at a polling station in Tehran May 19, 2017. (Xinhua/Meng Tao)

      Trump's words came after a threat of harsh revenge from Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, triggered by a U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Major General Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, near Baghdad International Airport.

      On Sunday morning, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended the Trump administration's move to kill Soleimani and the president's tweets of threat in six major TV shows.

      "Our intelligence made it very clear that the risk was much greater if we did nothing than if we took the action that we took last week," said Pompeo in an interview with Fox's "Sunday Morning Futures," adding that the United States is "preparing for all kinds of various responses" from Iran.

      Trump on Saturday claimed in tweets that the United States has targeted 52 Iranian sites, including cultural sites, and will hit them "very fast and very hard" if Iran retaliates, raising questions about the legality of attacks against significant world heritage sites.

      People light candles beside a poster of a top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani during a mourning ceremony in Tehran, Iran, Jan. 3, 2020. (Photo by Ahmad Halabisaz/Xinhua)

      When asked to explain Trump's tweets in an interview with CNN, Pompeo dodged the question, only saying that "we're going to do the things that are right and the things that are consistent with American law."

      The Trump administration's latest moves against Iran have intensified its tensions with the Congress, as some lawmakers criticized Trump's decision for putting the United States into a more dangerous position and questioned the administration's authorization to kill the top Iranian general.

      "Iraq votes to expel American troops. All Americans evacuated from Iraq. U.S. and NATO suspend anti-ISIS campaign," Chris Murphy, a Democratic senator from the state of Connecticut, said in a tweet on Sunday. "The mounting evidence ... is that the Soleimani attack has made us less safe."

      "A war without a Congressional declaration is a recipe for feckless intermittent eruptions of violence with no clear mission for our soldiers," said Republican Senator Rand Paul in a tweet.

      Democratic Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Barbara Lee announced on Sunday that they would introduce a resolution to direct the removal of the U.S. Armed Forces from hostilities against Iran that have not been authorized by Congress.

      "The assassination of Qassem Soleimani places us on the brink of war with Iran," said Lee in a statement released on Sunday. "We have been down this dangerous path before in Iraq, and we cannot afford another ill-advised, destructive, and costly war in the Middle East."

      KEY WORDS:
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011102121386817211
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 网红主播国产一区在线| 91网站在线看| 亚洲欧美综合精品久久成人网 | 久久久国产精品免费无卡顿| 亚洲欧美激情在线一区| а√天堂中文官网在线8| 窝窝午夜理论片影院| 格尔木市| 亚洲阿v天堂2018在线观看| 国产在线码观看超清无码视频| 亚洲人成电影免费观看在线看| 欧美洲精品亚洲精品中文字幕| 91蜜桃臀免费在线观看| 久久久国产精品ⅤA麻豆百度| 日韩精品一区二区三区色| 亚无码乱人伦一区二区| 久久免费看少妇a级作爱片| 成人无码h真人在线网站| 99精品久久久久久久婷婷| 激情無極限的亚洲一区免费| 成人综合亚洲欧美一区h| 成人日韩av不卡在线观看| 亚洲欧洲无码一区二区三区| 国产免费午夜福利片在线| 国产精品亚洲ΑV天堂无码| 怀柔区| 无码伊人久久大香线蕉| 久久综合色一综合色88| 亚洲一区二区自拍偷拍| 亚洲一区二区三区av在线免费| 99久久精品无码一区二区三区| 亚洲另类色区欧美日韩图片| 欧美丝袜激情办公室在线观看| 久久精品就是久久精品| 国产成人卡2卡3卡4乱码| 国产播放91色在线观看| 亚洲粉嫩av一区二区黑人| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 中文字幕制服国产精品| 91精品国产高清久久久久久g| 国产一区二区三区撒尿在线|