亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Tensions in Syria's Idlib test Russian-Turkish ties: experts

      Source: Xinhua| 2020-02-06 02:20:57|Editor: Mu Xuequan
      Video PlayerClose

      by Burak Akinci

      ANKARA, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- Military operations by the Russian-backed Syrian government forces in Syria's Idlib province constitute a stringent test for Russian-Turkish ties, experts said.

      On Sunday, Turkey deployed tanks, armored vehicles and soldiers to its border and sent additional troops to its monitoring stations in Idlib, state media reported.

      Early on Monday, seven Turkish troops and a serviceman were killed and 13 others were wounded in Idlib by shelling from Syrian government forces, a grave incident which shows the fragile situation in this region.

      "Russia doesn't see its cooperation in Syria with Turkey as a privilege and Moscow's goals in this region doesn't assign as much importance to Turkey as it did a year ago," Hasim Turker, senior analyst at the Ankara-based think tank Bosphorus Center for Asian Studies, told Xinhua.

      Turker, a former staff officer, believes that the shelling which resulted in casualties in Turkish army could not happen without the awareness of Russia.

      "It seems that Russia is giving a warning to Turkey with this attack, saying that it wants Turkish troops out of this region while Syrian forces are advancing, and it doesn't want Turks to get in the way in Idlib," the analyst said.

      Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatened on Jan. 31 to launch military action if the situation in Idlib is not resolved immediately.

      A cease-fire was brokered in Idlib on Jan. 12, but according to Turkey and the monitoring agency, it has been violated many times since then.

      Syrian forces, backed by Russian air forces, have since last week advanced rapidly. They have taken dozens of towns, including the key city of Maarat al-Numan located on the M5 international highway linking Damascus to Aleppo.

      The recent campaign has also raised tensions between Ankara and Moscow, which back opposing sides in the conflict. Turkey fears a fresh wave of migrants from Idlib and it has 12 observation posts in the region.

      Erdogan repeated that Turkey could not handle a fresh influx of migrants. He said that Ankara will not allow new threats near its borders, even if it meant resorting to military power, as it did in its three previous cross-border operations in northern Syria since 2016.

      "We will not refrain from doing what is necessary, including using military force," he warned, adding that his country wants stability in Syria.

      Last week, the Turkish leader and members of his government slammed Moscow for failing to take actions in Idlib, while Moscow denied these accusations.

      However, Turkey insisted that Ankara would not want tensions to escalate further with Moscow because of fears that a disruption in their partnership could stir a refugee influx towards Turkey and harm their economic cooperation.

      Erdogan made it clear that his country is not seeking to escalate tensions with Russia.

      "There is no need at this point to engage in a conflict or a serious dispute with Russia. We have important strategic engagements with Russia," he told journalists on Tuesday, citing energy projects and trade relations.

      Moreover, Ankara could lose another leverage as the two countries are also cooperating since late last year in establishing a so-called safe zone in a separate region in northeastern Syria following a Turkish incursion against Kurdish fighters.

      Erdogan said that some 1 million people under the threat of air raids and artillery shelling are gradually advancing towards the Turkish border amid a refugee crisis and growing anti-refugee sentiment in his own country.

      James Jeffrey, U.S. special envoy for Syria, mentioned that 700,000 Idlib residents had been pushed towards the Turkish border by the fighting, warning an "international crisis."

      "Winter conditions are making things even worse. The cease-fire has not alleviated Turkey's concerns while there are hundreds of thousands of people living in dire conditions near the Turkish border," Esra Uludag, specialist on migration, told Xinhua.

      Uludag hoped that the plight of people could push Ankara to reconsider its position of not allowing any more refugees into the country.

      Some Turkish security sources have also argued that Turkey could try to accommodate new refugees inside Syria in incursion zones controlled by its own forces since 2016, building temporary housing with international assistance.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011105091387589031
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲一区二区精品久久岳| 99视频九九精品视频在线观看| 精品无码一区二区的天堂| 国产福利2021最新在线观看 | 亚洲无线码一区在线观看| 亚洲国产精品国自产拍av| 免费在线观看一区二区| 精品国精品无码自拍自在线| XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 午夜人妻中文字幕福利| 精品无吗国产一区二区三区av| 狼色在线精品影视免费播放| 久久夜色撩人精品国产| 国产av激情无码久久天堂| 亚洲免费一区二区三区视频| 黄色av三级在线免费观看| 成人欧美一区二区三区的电影 | 久久免费看少妇a级黄片| 国产人成在线成免费视频| 日韩av一区二区毛片| 国产精品玖玖资源站大全| 中国gay男男gaygay视频| 日本无遮挡边做边爱边摸| 乡宁县| 亚洲一区二区观看网站| 果冻国产一区二区三区| 中文字幕无码AV激情不卡| 欧美中文字幕第一页线路一| 亚洲欧洲日产国码无码av野外 | 日韩精品一二区在线视频| 无码av免费一区二区三区 | 国产精品久久精品久久精品久久| 久久久亚洲欧洲日产国产成人无码| 精品99在线观看| 一区二区中文字幕av| 国内精品91久久久久| 国产最新视频在线不卡| 久久91精品国产91久久麻豆| 在线无码va中文字幕无码| 2020亚洲国产| 中文字幕av日韩精品一区|