亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Spotlight: Supporters of Cyprus peace have upper hand after elections

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-31 04:27:13|Editor: Chengcheng
      Video PlayerClose

      NICOSIA, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- Supporters of peace negotiations on both sides of the dividing line which separates Turkish and Greek Cypriots have the upper hand after separate elections in the two communities, political analysts said on Tuesday.

      Nicos Moudouros, a specialist on Turkish and Turkish Cypriot affairs, said Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci handed the task of forming a new "government" of the breakaway Turkish Cypriot state to the leader of a leftist pro-negotiations party after elections earlier this month.

      He said that the coalition "government" by two leftist and two center Turkish Cypriot parties is certain to support an early resumption of the stalled peace negotiations between Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

      On the Greek Cypriot side, voters in a presidential election on Sunday sent two supporters of the peace negotiations to a run-off vote on Feb. 4, blocking the way to a candidate who said that if elected would seek a change of the terms of the talks.

      Moudouros told a private radio station that such a move would lead to a prolonged stalemate as Turkey and the Turkish Cypriots would almost certainly reject changing the terms of reference of the negotiators to seek a federal state solution under which the two communities would share power.

      Outgoing center-right President Nicos Anastasiades and leftist politician Stavros Malas, who have almost identical views on the Cyprus peace process, received a total of almost 66 percent of the votes in Sunday's election, giving a boost to the prospects of an early resumption of the negotiations.

      "Given the fact that opponents of the negotiations said that they should consider the result of the election as a referendum for adopting a new line in the talks, the electoral result should be considered as a clear mandate for the continuation of the peace process," Moudouros said.

      "Whoever is elected in the runoff on Sunday, it is certain that he will seek an early resumption of the negotiations," he added.

      United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres, who presided over a failed conference on Cyprus in July, said that he would be prepared to call a new round of negotiations only after the leaders of the two communities jointly asked him to do so.

      A UN Security Council resolution made available in Nicosia on Tuesday urged the leaders to put their efforts behind further work on reaching convergences on the core issues and to intensify work on practical reunification measures.

      "The UN Secretary General's Good Offices remain available to assist the sides, should they jointly decide to re-engage in negotiations with the necessary political will," the resolution said.

      The resolution extended for six months the mandate of a UN peacekeeping force which controls a buffer zone between Greek and Turkish Cypriot areas since Turkey occupied the northern part of Cyprus in 1974, in response to a coup by the military rulers of Greece at the time.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369371001
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 人妻少妇看A偷人无码电影| 久久99久久99精品免观看不卡 | 国产精品三级在线专区1| 国产中文字幕乱码在线| 国产成人精品男人的天堂网站| 久久国产精品偷任你爽任你 | 久久综合亚洲色hezyo国产| jizz视频在线观看| 蜜桃一区二区三区高清| 精品少妇av一区二区 | 欧美精品一区二区精品久久| 亚洲一区三区三区成人久| av免费一区二区三区不卡| 安乡县| av手机天堂| 亚洲欧美国产国产一区二区| 日韩精品欧美国产在线| 亚洲成AV人片无码不卡| 精品国产福利片在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av热九| 日本专区一区二区三区在线| 97久久久久国产精品嫩草影院| 最新无码国产在线播放| 国产在线观看免费人成视频| 久久99av无色码人妻蜜柚 | 亚洲av无码久久精品蜜桃| 在线免费不卡av网站一区| 开心五月婷婷综合网站| 国产成人精品日本亚洲18| 国产无卡视频在线免费观看| 中文字幕第一页亚洲观看| 高清国产美女av一区二区| 久久久影院亚洲精品| 中文字幕日韩人妻一区| 久久久久久国产福利网站 | 永久免费中文字幕av| 日本熟妇精品一区二区三区| 午夜三级成人在线观看| 中文字幕人妻伦伦| 爱v天堂在线观看| 乱伦一区二|