亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Philippines mulls widening ban of workers to other countries after Kuwait: Duterte

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-02-22 21:00:48|Editor: Yurou
      Video PlayerClose

      MANILA, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) -- The Philippines is assessing the situation of its citizens working abroad to find out if there is a need to widen the ban on the deployment of workers to include other countries than Kuwait, President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday.

      "We are doing an audit now and find out the places where we deploy Filipinos and our countrymen suffer brutal treatment and human degradation," Duterte told reporters in the central Philippines city of Iloilo.

      Duterte flew to Iloilo to condole with the family of Filipina domestic worker Joanna Demafeliz, who had been murdered in Kuwait. Her body was found earlier this month inside a freezer in an abandoned apartment. Philippine authorities believed the killing had happened over a year before.

      Duterte has ordered a ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait in the wake of reported deaths and abuse of many Filipino workers there.

      The Philippines has recently repatriated nearly 3,000 Filipinos reportedly being abused in Kuwait. The Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the embassy there is still processing the repatriation of at least 10,800 undocumented Filipinos.

      Kuwait, which was surprised by Duterte's order to ban sending new workers there, has extended its amnesty program to allow the embassy to process the papers of several thousands more of undocumented Filipinos to return to the Philippines.

      Most of the distressed workers overstayed or ran away from their abusive employers.

      The Philippine DFA remains in close coordination with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to ensure a successful outcome of negotiations with the Kuwaiti government, aiming at improving the protection mechanisms for the more than 250,000 Filipinos working there.

      The abuses of Filipino workers in Kuwait has been going on for years already, according to Senator Joel Villanueva, chair of the Senate committee on labor, employment and human resources development.

      Hans Leo Cacdac, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) chief, clarified during a Senate inquiry that a total of 196 Filipino workers died in Kuwait since 2016, 79 percent of which were medical cases, 7 percent accidents, 11 percent alleged suicides and 3 percent unspecified cases.

      The Philippines is one of the world's largest labor exporters. The economy is heavily reliant on the remittances the overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) send home.

      Due to lack of employment in the Philippines, up to 12 million Filipinos work abroad to seek greener pastures.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001369920251
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩av无卡无码午夜观看| 欧美综合区自拍亚洲综合| 欧美变态另类刺激| 日韩欧美国产成人| 2022年亚洲午夜一区二区福利| 亚洲AV无码久久久久调教| 亚洲一区二区三区免费av在线| 永久免费中文字幕av| 久久黄色蜜桃av一区| 国产成人精品无人区一区| 99久久免费精品特色大片| 蜜臀av一区二区三区人妻在线| 国产啪精品视频网站免| 石阡县| 九九久久国产精品大片| 免费人人av看| 欧美成人看片一区二区三区尤物 | av草草久久久久久久久久久| 国产v综合v亚洲欧美大另类| 亚洲成a人片在线观看天堂| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外 | 国产成人无码一区二区在线观看| 男女18禁啪啪无遮挡激烈网站| 亚洲色欲色欲www在线丝| 上思县| 精品欧洲AV无码一区二区免费| 91福利国产在线观一区二区| 久热香蕉精品视频在线播放| 最新亚洲无码网站| 成年女性毛片在线观看| 玩弄放荡人妻少妇系列| 大陆国产乱人伦| 偷亚洲偷国产欧美高清| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 国产一区二区三区小说| 人妻系列无码专区无码中出| 国产日韩久久免费影院| 国产亚洲精品性爱视频| 亚洲中文字幕无线乱码va| 国产精品免费麻豆入口| 天堂在线视频精品|