亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      Yemen's cholera epidemic could surge again in rainy season: ICRC

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-03-21 09:54:22|Editor: Jiaxin
      Video PlayerClose

      SANAA, March 20 (Xinhua) -- Cholera that infected almost 1 million people in Yemen last year could surge again in the rainy season, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said Tuesday.

      ICRC spokesman Adnan Hizam said that there are growing fears that the epidemic which killed over 2,000 people last year could break out again within weeks during the upcoming rainy season.

      "The ongoing war and collapse of the health system are increasing the expectations of a new surge of cholera infections," Hizam told Xinhua in Yemen's capital Sanaa.

      Hizam said the decline in the number of cholera infections did not mean that the epidemic was about to be over, which can happen only if the war stops, blockade is lifted and the international community supports the health system in Yemen.

      In November 2017, the United Nations (UN) reported more than 925,000 suspected cholera cases with over 2,200 associated deaths in Yemen since the epidemic started in April of the same year. The infection rate has since been in decline, at around 0.2 to 0.3 percent, according to the World Health Organization.

      The UN said more than 80 percent of cholera cases were in the areas closest to the Red Sea ports of Hodeidah and Saleef.

      The entire 25 million people of Yemen are dependent on food, fuel and medicine imports, primarily through seaports and more than 17 million Yemenis, or more than two-thirds of the population, are food insecure, according to the UN.

      The war-torn country has also suffered from a diphtheria epidemic that has infected over 1,300 and killed 70 people, mostly children, since it was first reported in October 2017.

      Yemen has been locked in a civil war since three years ago after Iranian-backed Shiite Houthi rebels overran much of the country militarily and seized all northern provinces including Sanaa in late 2014.

      Saudi Arabia has been leading an Arab military intervention coalition in Yemen since March 2015 to support the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi after Houthi rebels forced him into exile.

      The UN has listed Yemen as the country with the world's worst humanitarian crisis, where 7 million Yemenis are on the brink of famine and cholera has caused more than 2,000 deaths.

      TOP STORIES
      EDITOR’S CHOICE
      MOST VIEWED
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001370541721
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久久国产精品免费免费搜索| 国产午夜视频免费观看| 威海市| 欧美人成在线播放网站免费| 亚洲熟妇av日韩熟妇在线| 日本熟妇xxx| 日本一区二区三区激情视频| 五华县| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合专区| 亚洲人成人一区二区三区| 成人无码a区在线观看视频| 亚洲国产精品专区性色av| 在线观看一区二区女同| 亚洲欧美v国产蜜芽tv| 久热爱精品视频线路一| 国产不卡一区二区在线| 江油市| 久久亚洲av成人无码软件| 91精选国产大片| 日韩毛片在线视频x| 久久这里有精品国产电影网| 亚洲亚洲网站三级片在线| 已婚少妇美妙人妻系列| 暴力调教一区二区三区| 人妻少妇精品视频中文字幕国语| 99久久国产一区二区三区| 狠狠躁夜夜躁无码中文字幕| 亚洲av无码久久精品蜜桃| 在线观看免费人成视频国产| 天天爽夜夜爱| 太仆寺旗| 日韩av无码午夜福利电影| 亚洲三级片在线看| 99熟妇人妻精品一区五一看片| 久久人妻少妇精品系列| 国产成人免费无码视频在线观看| 亚洲第一黄片大全| 国产日韩AV无码免费一区二区 | 精品成人av一区二区三区在线| 国产丝袜免费精品一区二区| 久久久久久久国产精品电影|